Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 345
  1. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    . It was a CYA lie, and pretty pathetic.

    I'd expect more class from a president.
    I dunno, pretty standard politics to me.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  2. #22  
    Quote:
    Okay....I understand you being frustrated and irritated at the oil accident (key word, accident, will come back to that word) as it really has made an amazing mess. I hate (yes davidra, I did say hate here) when these accidents (that word again) happen. Your statement was starting to be a reasonable statement and then the 2nd to last sentence started going hay-wire. How could pouring your car oil down your sink help? And then, your last sentence, "If they can do it why can't I?" seems as if you are thinking they did this on purpose. There was a huge explosion and either 11 or 13 men lost their life, are you saying you think this was not an accident? Are you thinking that maybe liberals set this explosion to paint offshore drilling in a bad light? What are you saying here?

    ________________________________________________________________________
    Of course, it was an accident, I am no conspiracy nut, however, if you have enough money (BP) you can buy your way out of everything (Donte Stallworth)....so with that being said, if BP is liable they need severe consequences.

    If they get off with a slap on wrist, I am starting to dump oil all over the god damn earth!!!
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
  3. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #23  
    Unless I'm mistaken, there is a jurisdictional difference between this disaster and Katrina that makes a comparison of response time between the two not entirely appropriate. Since this happened more than 10 miles off coast, it was federal jurisdiction from day one.
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You're really hilarious. Only you could blame the oil spill on Obama. Why don't you just parrot Rush and that ***** Dana Perino and claim that it was all due to sabotage, a democratic plot to undermine drilling. BP lied to everyone about the severity of the leak. They underestimated it by fivefold. Do you expect Obama himself to be out there taking measurements? His response was totally appropriate and based on the information they were given, which changed with time. There is no "you've done a great job, Brownie" action here. Move along and stop making things up.
    Diversionary smoke screen. And which part did I make up? 12 days?

    I called him out for lack of caring and for lying.... How is that response "appropriate" again?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #25  
    It'll sure be nice when we get honest politicians back in office.
    Just call me Berd.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    If they get off with a slap on wrist, I am starting to dump oil all over the god damn earth!!!
    Yea!....that'll show 'em!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  7. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It'll sure be nice when we get honest politicians back in office.
    Could have sworn I head a rimshot after reading that.
  8. #28  
    I read this hole thread and it's all over the place. From bush to football players and racism . You all are getting made over something you can't control .everybody saying obama this obama that the man has only been in office for what a year and a half ? He's never been in this position to take care of an oil spill better yet president.when you wreck your car do the insurance ppl give you a check the next day NO . Things take time let it play out first then point fingers ....
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    What grade should the negligent oil company get? How about the Republican President and Congress that lowered safety standards on oil rigs?

    Funny how those so keen on limiting intervention by the federal government get mad when the federal government supposedly doesn't intervene enough or on time....

    How come you're not pulling out what the Constitution says about the role of the Federal Government in cleaning up oil spills...?
    All excellent points and questions zelgo... however they have nothing to do with my post.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    All excellent points and questions zelgo... however they have nothing to do with my post.
    it has alot to do with your post. I guess you don't answer questions that are facts ..LOL MY MAN
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    ...but you, so predictably, call Obama on the carpet for everything, even for your hangnails and bad haircut.
    LMAO!
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    ...but you, so predictably, call Obama on the carpet for everything, even for your hangnails and bad haircut.
    Alas, most of my hair has left me....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    What grade should the negligent oil company get? How about the Republican President and Congress that lowered safety standards on oil rigs?

    Funny how those so keen on limiting intervention by the federal government get mad when the federal government supposedly doesn't intervene enough or on time....

    How come you're not pulling out what the Constitution says about the role of the Federal Government in cleaning up oil spills...?
    How come you keep missing my point that his administration LIED about thier response? I can even buy that maybe they shouldn't have been there right away, 100% from day 1 (as they lied about).
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14. #34  
    All politicians lie, obfuscate, quibble, deceive, and reserve the right to revise or deny any comments they made.

    In my experience, the first one with ad hominen arguments is generally a Democrat and can't defend their side of the argument any other way.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Alas, most of my hair has left me....
    Solution: Fashion those long brown ears into a skillful combover...and no one will be the wiser
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    All politicians lie, obfuscate, quibble, deceive, and reserve the right to revise or deny any comments they made.

    In my experience, the first one with ad hominen arguments is generally a Democrat and can't defend their side of the argument any other way.
    Yes, so like Bill Clinton, we just give Obama a pass for lying... heck, all politicians lie. No big deal.

    How long and how violently was "Bush lied about WMDs" screamed from the rafters? LOL.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Yes, so like Bill Clinton, we just give Obama a pass for lying... heck, all politicians lie. No big deal.

    How long and how violently was "Bush lied about WMDs" screamed from the rafters? LOL.

    GMAFB. Clilnton lied about a BJ. I have no evidence that Obama lied about anything. Bush's lies killed hundreds of thousands and contributed to a destruction of our economy. Only you would think they were similar.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Diversionary smoke screen. And which part did I make up? 12 days?

    I called him out for lack of caring and for lying.... How is that response "appropriate" again?
    How on earth was what I posted diversionary? If BP lied to the government, how are they supposed to know the severity? Send their own divers down there? Really....you were right, you are behaving like an absurd partisan.
  19. fashigidig's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #39  
    I think It's interesting this has become a hugely political issue and even see as a litmus test for the president in handling a "katrina like" disaster. People are calling Obama a Liar for saying BP will be held liable for damages because of legislative caps.

    Is no one outraged that at the end of the day this is BP's blatant display of their lack of concern for the general welfare of its most profitable customer (America) and its citizens. BP flat out doesn't care really, they will pay the 75 Million, which is a drop in the bucket really, and move on. Everyone knows that BP will only pay what they HAVE to pay, and they are mad at Obama??? Really? Now, I'm no ****** of Obama's but seriously people, don't let this become more that what it is... Corporate America screwing American Citizens and laughing while we fight the wrong person.....

    my $0.02
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    How on earth was what I posted diversionary? If BP lied to the government, how are they supposed to know the severity? Send their own divers down there? Really....you were right, you are behaving like an absurd partisan.
    And again, you ignore the blatant lies.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions