Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    "target"? What an apt choice of words. So you give Obama a pass, as usual?
    which is it Micael, the fed's should stay outta the oil companies way, or they should have taken over immediately?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Ok Ken, I don't spin what you say back around at you, and then call you names. Ease up, ok?
    LOL Sorry! Amped up keyboard warrior here!

But really, How is this spill a direct result as to something Obama did?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Ok Ken, I don't spin what you say back around at you, and then call you names. Ease up, ok? I said nothing about Obama causing the spill.
    ya know, taken one way its calling you a name, taken another your statement foolish. I don't see the over reaction on his part...

But we are not talking about a natural disaster like katrina. We are taking about an industrial accident. So yeah I dont think obama is telling lies or totally dropping the ball on this. I do think boosh and brownie totally failed with the federal response to katrina. Not something worthy of an impeachment though.... that's asinine.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    LOL Sorry! Amped up keyboard warrior here!

But really, How is this spill a direct result as to something Obama did?
    Ouch... again, I never said that
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    ya know, taken one way its calling you a name, taken another your statement foolish. I don't see the over reaction on his part...
    fine... except I never said what he accused me of.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    am I being tag teamed? where's my partner?
    am I being tag teamed? where's my partner?
    Droid's need no reinforcement

you never said obama caused it. But your looking for obama to take some responsibility in this mess. or the governments response. And that seems foolish to me...

BP makes the $$$ from that rig. They bear total responsibility in my eye's regardless of what caused the explosion.

I don't know why your dodging the question (maybe your not and didn't see it)

Is it the fed's responsibility to step in immediately during an industrial accident or should they stay out of the response and allow private companies to respond?

Actually, you did, "name calling." That was not my intent but I can see how it could be taken that way, so I apologized. Group hug!!!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    you never said obama caused it. But your looking for obama to take some responsibility in this mess. or the governments response. And that seems foolish to me...

Is it the fed's responsibility to step in immediately during an industrial accident or should they stay out of the response and allow private companies to respond?
    THANKS!!! That was what I was trying to get at. You beat me to it.

- H.L. Mencken
    Not exactly what I blamed you of but you are putting blame on Obama as a result of a private industries catastrophe. Now should the gov. stay out of private business or not? Why when companies like Gm get into trouble the government should not get involved but when BP gets into trouble, the government did not react quickly enough?

- H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Droid's need no reinforcement

BP makes the $$$ from that rig. They bear total responsibility in my eye's regardless of what caused the explosion.

Neither answer. Two different sets of responsibilities that should be executed at the same time.
    Micael isn't an ordinary admin. I figured it out, he is an admin bot, only programed to play devils advocate in the off topic forum.

As in the incoming Obama Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    As in the incoming Obama Admin
    I gathered that after the post...

Neither answer. Two different sets of responsibilities that should be executed at the same time.

Really? That will require a tax increase, don't you think? You are sure you want the government to immediately step in at every industrial accident? Every time a well leaks a little bit? Just where would you draw the line, or would you? Rand Paul would be very disappointed in you.
    I can't even begin to sort out all of the spin here. "fewer jobs lost"?

We're losing jobs, davidra. That's the problem. Spin your way along if you want. Meanwhile, this administrations "job stimulus" bail-outs are a total failure. And please don't embarrass us with the temp jobs for the Census workers as proof of successful stimulus.
    So you are withholding any positive comments about that graph because it didn't change from way negative to postive in the first month, right? Tell us, by all means, do you not see any improvement in the jobs crisis in that graph? I'm not sure who you think you are kidding. If you can spin that chart so that it shows no improvement in jobs since precisely the month that Obama took office, you are amazing. But of course, you're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Those untested people have done pretty well for the country. It's just that you don't really much like what they've done, now, do you? Health care reform, troop drawdowns in Iraq, increased NIH funding, enforced equal pay laws, turned the economy around in spite of the republicans, expanded SCHIP, decreased senior's expenses for medications, increased student loans and saved millions by doing away with for-profit student loan companies, limited salaries of senior aids, won the Nobel Peace Prize, appointed the first Hispanic to the Supreme Court, saved a good percentage of the US auto industry and jobs, has turned around the rapid decline in joblessness....but that's OK. I wouldn't expect you to appreciate any of it...even if you thought it was good for the country. I'm just fine with his record.
    By the way davidra....was trying to bribe Sestak to quit the Senate race in exchange for a job an accomplishment of this Administration? Actually, since they failed, I guess it isn't an accomplishment, but rather a failure, huh? I guess Sestak is lying about all this, right? This was something being done behind Obama's back....he knew nothing of this, right? Would you consider this business as usual in DC, or is this that change that Obama spoke of during his run for the White House? You like to hop on hypocrites, so will you be starting a new thread soon regarding Obama being a huge hypocrite and nothing more than a Chicago politician? ROFL
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Either BP is largely blameless and this is simply an accident (via Rand Paul), or BP is evil and the administration's major problem is that they are naive and believed them when they lied. I'm going with #2.
    False dichotomy. Neither passes a basic reality test. If Obama's administration is as smart as some would like us to believe and were really on top of it 100% from the beginning, why should they be taking BP's word for it? This is more of the same political BS that happened with Katrina. Substitute KB for BP and Brown for Salazar.
    The administration has been too lenient on big business...not too aggressive. Today Salazar finally says he's fed up. He should have been fed up with their lies and incompetence a long time ago.
    Yeah, I hear that Brownie went through a phase like that too.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    False dichotomy. Neither passes a basic reality test. If Obama's administration is as smart as some would like us to believe and were really on top of it 100% from the beginning, why should they be taking BP's word for it? This is more of the same political BS that happened with Katrina. Substitute KB for BP and Brown for Salazar.

Yeah, I hear that Brownie went through a phase like that too.
    What is this "on top of it from the beginning" krap? BP lied from the beginning, and the Coast Guard reported what they saw the day after the explosion. There wasn't any visible oil. A senior administrator was on-site the morning after the explosion. Was he supposed to argue with the people running the submersible? Like I said, they trusted BP, which I suspect nobody will ever to again.

Everybody in the US knew that Katrina was going to hit somewhere near NOLA, and there were people dying onscreen while Bush flew over and waved. I realize you live there, but that doesn't make your perspective correct.
    What exactly did BP lie about again? I forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    What exactly did BP lie about again? I forgot.
    BP has also kept a tight grip on information about the spill, despite the fact that the Coast Guard, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are all operating in the area. And there are reasons to believe that BP is significantly misrepresenting the extent of the problem. The firm has repeatedly claimed that 5,000 barrels of oil are leaking into the sea each day—which Hayward described as a "relatively tiny" amount compared to the "very big ocean." But outside experts have said the real number is likely far higher—one of the worst-case estimates is as high as 95,000 barrels daily. Confronted about the discrepancy, Salazar told a Senate panel last Tuesday that the government was setting up a task force to determine the most accurate figure—nearly four weeks after the spill began. (NOAA head Jane Lubchenco told reporters on Thursday that the 5,000-barrel figure "was always understood to be a very rough estimate.")
    Under heavy pressure from the media and members of Congress, BP finally released a live feed of the spill site on Thursday, which will allow outside experts to evaluate the flow of oil. But BP still appears to be asserting control over some areas affected by the spill. A CBS news team was chased off a Louisiana beach last week, and Mother Jones' Mac McClelland was barred from a tar-slicked beach by a sheriff on Friday and informed that she'd have to obtain permission from a BP "liaison" to talk to local residents.

Now do you remember?