Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 345
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Opinions and partial truths. Number of jobs has steadily risen and you know it. Stock market way up. Troops in Iraq decreasing. GM is doing just fine, thank you. I realize you would have rather had GM fail; that would have saved jobs exactly how? Face it....the country is in much better shape that in was when Obama took office, regardless of what the haters say.
    Might want to tell the pesky 9.9% that jobs are rising.

    Please just try to wrap your head around the FACT that GM did FAIL. Hence the bankruptcy. The same thing would have happend without Tax payer money.

    Better yet, if they would have went the way of Ford and did what they ended up doing after bankruptcy anyway, NO .gov intervention would have been needed.
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Opinions and partial truths. Number of jobs has steadily risen and you know it.
    Huh?

    Employment Situation Summary
    Transmission of material in this release is embargoed USDL-10-0589
    until 8:30 a.m. (EDT) Friday, May 7, 2010

    Technical information:
    Household data: (202) 691-6378 * cpsinfo@bls.gov * Current Population Survey (CPS)
    Establishment data: (202) 691-6555 * cesinfo@bls.gov * Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National) Home Page

    Media contact: (202) 691-5902 * PressOffice@bls.gov


    THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- APRIL 2010


    Nonfarm payroll employment rose by 290,000 in April, the unemployment rate
    edged up to 9.9 percent, and the labor force increased sharply, the U.S.
    Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Job gains occurred in manufacturing, professional and business services, health care, and leisure and hospitality. Federal government employment also rose, reflecting continued hiring of temporary workers for Census 2010. (**there's your steady increase - temp jobs by the gov)

    Household Survey Data

    In April, the number of unemployed persons was 15.3 million, and the unemployment rate edged up to 9.9 percent. The rate had been 9.7 percent for the first 3 months of this year. (See table A-1.)

    Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rate for whites (9.0 percent) edged up in April, while the rates for adult men (10.1 percent), adult women (8.2 percent), teenagers (25.4 percent), blacks (16.5 percent), and Hispanics (12.5 percent) showed little or no change. The jobless rate for Asians was 6.8 percent, not seasonally adjusted. (See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

    The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) continued to trend up over the month, reaching 6.7 million. In April, 45.9 percent of unemployed persons had been jobless for 27 weeks or more. (See table A-12.)

    Among the unemployed, the number of reentrants to the labor force rose by
    195,000 over the month. (See table A-11.)
    Perhaps you were talking about some other country, davidra? The rest of your posting was just as delusional.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. #263  
    are you serious?

    Approved by the incoming Admin.
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And you really think it makes a difference whether you think giving him the Peace Prize was appropriate or not? The nice thing is that he was such a contrast to the warmongers before him that the world felt he deserved it. Goes on his resume, in spite of the fact that he has escalated the war in Afghanistan. And yeah, that Socialism turned the job losses around and resulted in a return of the stock market. Sounds like socialism to me. Honestly, you really need to find a new term. Surely there are some creative partisan hacks that can come up with a more accurate term....like maybe successful progressive leadership?
    Okay....everyone let's hold hands.....rock back and forth....and sing some songs.....we will all feel oh so much better...... If we do this enough, we will be eligible to win the Peace Prize. Peace out.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    Approved by the incoming Admin.
    Micael isn't an ordinary admin. I figured it out, he is an admin bot, only programed to play devils advocate in the off topic forum.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  6. #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Huh?


    Perhaps you were talking about some other country, davidra? The rest of your posting was just as delusional.
    I am so sorry. I figured you would know the difference between the unemployment rate and the number of new jobs created, to say nothing of fewer jobs lost. You do know the difference right? And you understand that the rate went up because more people started looking for jobs because the job market improved, right? Tell me you understand that. And you'll notice, it's not just in April, now, is it?

  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    that's BS and you know it. Where were the calls for impeaching bush for katrina? He hired a moron who totally botched the job, and was crying about quitting his post the day of the storm. Boosh stood by his inept director even saying " brownie your doing a heck of a job"

    So what is it, let BP continue the clean up , or allow "big government" to move in because of BP's delays. Take a side.
    See? You instantly launch in to reasons to lynch Bush over Katrina. Thanks for making my point.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    if this had happened during bush's presidency, the impeachment proceedings would already be well under way, and we'd have 5 threads of people screaming for his head.
    Impeachment requires illegal activity. Please list the laws that Obama has broken.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Micael isn't an ordinary admin. I figured it out, he is an admin bot, only programed to play devils advocate in the off topic forum.
    I think he was refering to Obama's admin? I could be wrong.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Impeachment requires illegal activity. Please list the laws that Obama has broken.
    I guess you didn't actually read my post?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11. #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    See? You instantly launch in to reasons to lynch Bush over Katrina. Thanks for making my point.
    He mismanaged it. But who called for impeachment? I made no new threads on the subject. You made this statement,
    if this had happened during bush's presidency, the impeachment proceedings would already be well under way, and we'd have 5 threads of people screaming for his head.
    and you are wrong. Impeachment seems to be thrown around alot on the other side of the aisle. I guess you prefer turmoil and division?

    Katrina was a horrible disaster, and the government failed to get in their at the beginning. It was too slow. The same is happening again, and when lawmakers realize it and are trying to do something to change the situation, calls to relax and not rush to judgment are heard from the right... i dont get it....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 05/24/2010 at 03:01 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    He mismanaged it. But who called for impeachment? I made no new threads on the subject. You made this statement, and you are wrong. Impeachment seems to be thrown around alot on the other side of the aisle. I guess you prefer turmoil and division?
    I was just trying to make the point that you guys would have been calling for Bush's head (no, not literally) if this had come up under his watch.

    And I've seen you working so hard to unify and calm the debate! lol
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I am so sorry. I figured you would know the difference between the unemployment rate and the number of new jobs created, to say nothing of fewer jobs lost. You do know the difference right? And you understand that the rate went up because more people started looking for jobs because the job market improved, right? Tell me you understand that. And you'll notice, it's not just in April, now, is it?

    Its good that you point out the differences between job creation and unemployment rate, but I have to ask...

    Does that table include jobs "saved"?

    On a more serious note, it would be interesting to see that table with government jobs removed. I doubt the overall trend would turn negative but the huge uptick demonstrated would in likelihood disappear and the upward tick would be much much shallower.

    Also March and April will show larger increases as temps are hired for the census. From the trend its likely the numbers would be positive but still not as much as indicated.

    On a completely side note, I must say the Census worker in my neighborhood is doing her job very very well. Five, six, now seven follow-ups with a neighbor who is never in and even notes on the neighbors' doors asking what we know about the people living there as it relates to the census questions...dedication for sure. A sign that not all government workers are lazy hacks.
    Last edited by solarus; 05/24/2010 at 03:11 PM.
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I am so sorry. I figured you would know the difference between the unemployment rate and the number of new jobs created, to say nothing of fewer jobs lost. You do know the difference right? And you understand that the rate went up because more people started looking for jobs because the job market improved, right? Tell me you understand that. And you'll notice, it's not just in April, now, is it?

    I can't even begin to sort out all of the spin here. "fewer jobs lost"?

    We're losing jobs, davidra. That's the problem. Spin your way along if you want. Meanwhile, this administrations "job stimulus" bail-outs are a total failure. And please don't embarrass us with the temp jobs for the Census workers as proof of successful stimulus.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I was just trying to make the point that you guys would have been calling for Bush's head (no, not literally) if this had come up under his watch.

    And I've seen you working so hard to unify and calm the debate! lol
    I'm not so sure I would. My target is on BP for this one.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I'm not so sure I would. My target is on BP for this one.
    "target"? What an apt choice of words. So you give Obama a pass, as usual?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I guess you didn't actually read my post?
    You said:

    "if this had happened during bush's presidency, the impeachment proceedings would already be well under way, and we'd have 5 threads of people screaming for his head. "

    Now, what didn't I read? You are implying that we would have impeached Bush if he was in this spot. I guess you think that we think like you, arbitrarily blaming a president that is not in our party for every little thing? We blame Bush for things he actually did, while you point fingers at Obama for issues that only exist in your head.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    You said:

    "if this had happened during bush's presidency, the impeachment proceedings would already be well under way, and we'd have 5 threads of people screaming for his head. "

    Now, what didn't I read? You are implying that we would have impeached Bush if he was in this spot. I guess you think that we think like you, arbitrarily blaming a president that is not in our party for every little thing? We blame Bush for things he actually did, while you point fingers at Obama for issues that only exist in your head.
    lol. ooookay.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    "target"? What an apt choice of words. So you give Obama a pass, as usual?
    Give him a pass at what? How did Obama cause this spill? This is asinine thinking on your part!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Give him a pass at what? How did Obama cause this spill? This is asinine thinking on your part!
    Ok Ken, I don't spin what you say back around at you, and then call you names. Ease up, ok? I said nothing about Obama causing the spill.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions