Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    Kinda hard to blame BP and not the .gov, They did after all approve the drilling plan.
    Absolutely. I blame them for that, even though the plans were presented a month after Obama took office, and the congress did not confirm the head of the MMS until afterwards, and that both that person and Salazar were blow buddies of big oil, so yes, they share in the blame. They never should believe anyone in big business and should avoid having anyone affiliated with big oil in the administration. Especially not as vice-president.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Either BP is largely blameless and this is simply an accident (via Rand Paul), or BP is evil and the administration's major problem is that they are naive and believed them when they lied. I'm going with #2. The administration has been too lenient on big business...not too aggressive. Today Salazar finally says he's fed up. He should have been fed up with their lies and incompetence a long time ago.
    Yeah, that's it. Poor poor Obama's administration was so naive and got lied to..... and gave them a pass on fed mandated inspections. Poor Obama. So misused and misunderstood. Cry me a river.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Yeah, that's it. Poor poor Obama's administration was so naive and got lied to..... and gave them a pass on fed mandated inspections. Poor Obama. So misused and misunderstood. Cry me a river.
    But can anyone really be surprised that Obama and his administration is naive? I mean, we are talking about an untested group of people who live in a dream world where by holding hands and singing songs about "change" we can accomplish anything. These people were not, and are still not, ready to lead.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Yep. Those "federally mandated inspections" that were ignored by the previous administration and that were approved by the MMS director, who had been appointed by Bush. Yes, they should have been extra-careful about granting any exemptions, given the history of the previous adminstration's reckless mismanagement. Hopefully they have learned something.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Yes, they should have been extra-careful about granting any exemptions, given the history of the previous adminstration's reckless mismanagement. Hopefully they have learned something.
    That would be helpful.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Why do we need inspections anyway? I thought that was just one of those regulations that get in the way of business.....I thought the free market would pick up the oil spill.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    From what I have been reading and watching it seems that BP and friends are completely responsible for what went wrong. Yes the federal government let them drill there but it was a bunch of negligent behavior on the platform and in the boardroom that lead to this predicament we are in today. The interview on 60 minutes with a platform survivor was particularly telling.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Why do we need inspections anyway? I thought that was just one of those regulations that get in the way of business.....I thought the free market would pick up the oil spill.
    In fact, the free market *is* picking up the oil spill... or trying to. That's not the government out there trying to cap it. And believe this... BP will be paying for the cleanup.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    From what I have been reading and watching it seems that BP and friends are completely responsible for what went wrong. Yes the federal government let them drill there but it was a bunch of negligent behavior on the platform and in the boardroom that lead to this predicament we are in today. The interview on 60 minutes with a platform survivor was particularly telling.
    Once again, selective reading and watching. This government shares in the responsibility for this avoidable disaster, and in their sluggish response.
    Once again, selective reading and watching. This government shares in the responsibility for this avoidable disaster, and in their sluggish response.
    Yeah. It's a good thing the private sector is not sluggish at all. And they're so competent, too. Otherwise, who knows, the oil might still be pumping out.

Oh....it is.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Yeah. It's a good thing the private sector is not sluggish at all. And they're so competent, too. Otherwise, who knows, the oil might still be pumping out.

Oh....it is.
    Thanks to all the good help and guidance this administration has offered!

Wait, you're right... it is.
    In fact, the free market *is* picking up the oil spill... or trying to. That's not the government out there trying to cap it. And believe this... BP will be paying for the cleanup.
    Have you noticed that BP has done little in the way of trying to STOP the leak. All of their efforts have seemed to be ways of controlling it.... so they can still collect and cash in on the oil that is spewing out. Profits over progress!!!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    But can anyone really be surprised that Obama and his administration is naive? I mean, we are talking about an untested group of people who live in a dream world where by holding hands and singing songs about "change" we can accomplish anything. These people were not, and are still not, ready to lead.
    untested? Like the "boss" Fema guy? Salazar has been in charge of something more than race horses prior to taking this sec. position.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    And once again you do not understand law. It is the Drillers responsibility to stop and clean the leak, not our governments. Besides, BP owns and operates the equipment used to clear this up, not the US.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    thats the problem, we are not Freeing the Markets hard enough. If everyone would just let business owners decided on which races they want to allow to use their bathrooms, we could really make a difference with that oil slick...

Thanks to all the good help and guidance this administration has offered!

Wait, you're right... it is.
    LMAO!!! So our government is in the oil industry now? You don't know how things work do you? When you take your car in for transmission work, do you tell the mechanic how it should be fixed?

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    thats the problem, we are not Freeing the Markets hard enough. If everyone would just let business owners decided on which races they want to allow to use their bathrooms, we could really make a difference with that oil slick...
    Yes! The market MUST be free-er-er!!!

- H.L. Mencken
    For those who think keeping score

Oil slick 2 / birds 0

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    For those who think keeping score

Oil slick 2 / birds 0

This is just the free market weeding out the communist birds...

- H.L. Mencken
    hehe its because they refused to show their papers!

and imagine Rand Paul would allow the nearby business the choice to deny oil soaked pelicans the use of their bathroom just because of their skin. Hey darkie, this establishment is for white pelicans only....