Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How Immigration Crackdowns Backfire - Reason Magazine

Turns out immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than the rest of the population and many would leave except for how hard it might be to come back.

Of course this was already obvious to anyone with a brain.
    Last edited by NathanS; 05/02/2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Let's just open the border then and let them all come in. In fact why not let all nations all over the world do the same. Let's make this a world without borders. Also, if you want to practice this at a personal level, open your house to every stranger.
    If the immigrants are illegal immigrants then it would be impossible for them to commit less crimes since them being here is a crime in itself
    I don't agree with the method of counting crimes committed. I count it a separate crime every day they are in the country illegally. Article is all opinion presented as fact. The law exists and needs to be enforced. If economics have created a need for foreign workers, then change the law to create a legal way to allow it.
  5.    #5  
    Well, most of them don't have cars. So those of you who speed on a daily basis most certainly break the law more. You can nitpick all you want with nonsensical bs. It doesn't change the hypocrisy evident in your position.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Let's just open the border then and let them all come in. In fact why not let all nations all over the world do the same. Let's make this a world without borders. Also, if you want to practice this at a personal level, open your house to every stranger.
    It's funny, isn't that basically what the United states is? The largest free trade zone on earth? Do you think that's at all related to why we are so wealthy? Imagine if each state was as obsessive about immigration as the US is about people crossing the mexican border. Commerce would shut down. We would lose billions in wealth creating trade every year.
    Nathan . what is it that you don't understand about the law? The law is the law and everyone should follow the law of the land no matter what they personally believe. If you feel a law is unfair that is perfectly fine but that still doesn't make it ok to break the law.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenez View Post
    Nathan . what is it that you don't understand about the law? The law is the law and everyone should follow the law of the land no matter what they personally believe. If you feel a law is unfair that is perfectly fine but that still doesn't make it ok to break the law.
    Laws are words on paper. The US violated the UN and constitutional laws on the declaration of war when we went into Iraq. Is it that hard to understand that laws are often unjust, fungible, and outright absurd? I feel current immigration law is ridiculous, and one of the major ways to effect change is it outright violate it, just like black's of the 50s did to laws requiring them to sit on the backs of buses and drink from different water fountains..
    There is a huge difference between segregation and immigration. There is no other country that just welcome people in whenever they walk across it's boarders. Once again... while it is perfectly fine to disagree with the current US. immigration laws, it is still the law and no amount of you or anyone else for that matter complaining that it's unfair is going to make it ok to break the law. If someone were to come into your home and then tell you "I am not going to follow your rules" I am pretty sure you would ask them to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    How Immigration Crackdowns Backfire - Reason Magazine

Turns out immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than the rest of the population and many would leave except for how hard it might be to come back.

Of course this was already obvious to anyone with a brain.
    Anyone with a brain would realize how wrong it is to spend $30 million dollars to set up buoys and lines to allow illegals to cross at will. Anyone with a brain would realize that allowing illegals who pay no federal taxes or health insurance while crowding up, shutting down our hospitals, and driving up health insurance premiums on the rest of us LEGAL citizens is INSANE.

You liberals are the "give it away" generation. Let everybody in to take take take. Every illegal is entitled to all the rights and privileges of all legal Americans without actually every being required to pay for them as we do.

Socializing america was one thing, but the protesting of this bill which is designed to preserve our nation's laws really disgusts me at the deepest level.

The liberals behind all this "give it away now" mentality are simply vile, disgusting excuses for americans. I have only contempt for them as I think their policies will lead to the bankrupting of not only our healthcare, but the destruction of what quality healtchare we have as it is.

Congratulations, OP. Hope you're happy with yourself and your laughable "convictions". Watch and see how hospitals begin to shut down by the hundreds due to all of these policies of yours.

Freaking imbeciles.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Anyone with a brain would realize how wrong it is to spend $30 million dollars to set up buoys and lines to allow illegals to cross at will. Anyone with a brain would realize that allowing illegals who pay no federal taxes or health insurance while crowding up, shutting down our hospitals, and driving up health insurance premiums on the rest of us LEGAL citizens is INSANE.

You liberals are the "give it away" generation. Let everybody in to take take take. Every illegal is entitled to all the rights and privileges of all legal Americans without actually every being required to pay for them as we do.

Socializing america was one thing, but the protesting of this bill which is designed to preserve our nation's laws really disgusts me at the deepest level.

The liberals behind all this "give it away now" mentality are simply vile, disgusting excuses for americans. I have only contempt for them as I think their policies will lead to the bankrupting of not only our healthcare, but the destruction of what quality healtchare we have as it is.

Congratulations, OP. Hope you're happy with yourself and your laughable "convictions". Watch and see how hospitals begin to shut down by the hundreds due to all of these policies of yours.

Freaking imbeciles.
    While I agree on every point with the one exception it's not only liberals that allow illegals and welcome them it is also republicans as well dating all the way back to reagan. Neither party wants to address the problem for their own selfish reasons.
    More liberal media bull crap.
  13.    #13  
    There is a huge difference between segregation and immigration. There is no other country that just welcome people in whenever they walk across it's boarders. Once again... while it is perfectly fine to disagree with the current US. immigration laws, it is still the law and no amount of you or anyone else for that matter complaining that it's unfair is going to make it ok to break the law. If someone were to come into your home and then tell you "I am not going to follow your rules" I am pretty sure you would ask them to leave.
    Maybe if you thought a little more you would realize there is very little difference. Both create subclass of human, who by virtue of their birth lack fundamental rights that we take for granted on a daily basis.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

Freaking imbeciles.
    Actually many do pay taxes. And when they don't it's because it would give away their status.

You can't use one dumb law (welfare) to justify yet more dumb laws. Let them move here. Bankrupt the systems. Disband them.

Free immigration and many immigrants would return home.

I wonder what generation let your parents move here. They certainly weren't thinking clearly when they did so.
  15.    #15  
    While I agree on every point with the one exception it's not only liberals that allow illegals and welcome them it is also republicans as well dating all the way back to reagan. Neither party wants to address the problem for their own selfish reasons.
    And what problem would that be? The number of illegal immigrants has been stable for 15 years. It's actually gone down somewhat in the last economic crisis.
    Nathan you can't just ignore the laws you don't like. Forget for a minute that the law is about something you don't agree with, just look at it as... it's the law very black and white. I won't argue about why or how but simply that it is and that should be enough for anyone to understand. Just for the record I support neither dems or reps. for this reason neither side wants to address this issue which is why it has gotten to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post

Free immigration and many immigrants would return home.
    I was a border patrol agent. This is bull. You have no idea what you are talking about. They return home at will as it is. There is nothing holding them here. They turn themselves in for the free bus ride. Its called a voluntary return. Then they come back next year. Its a joke to them. Even the people I catch just sign a paper and get vor back the same day or the next day. They just come right back after that. We dont even charge the smugglers we catch unless they have more than 15 people with them or a certain weight of drugs depending on what it is. And its always a lot. They know this on the other side so they always come in with less and get sent right back home to try again. They all pay no taxes and cant because they have no social security numbers so dont say some pay taxes. They dont want to pay taxes but sometimes they take someones SS number with their health insurance and screw them over with the irs. They usually have 15 fake names and have been caught over 60 times because they are just going back and forth. You have no idea what you people are talking about. The USA has a bunch of ways for them to come in and do it legally but these people dont for every reason you can think of but mostly because its easy to get in. Even people who dont want to apply for a visa can get a border crossing card to just come over and do what they want.
    and the crime rate in nearly every state has dropped in the last decade. Its not because immigrants are safer. Its because of advancements and the progression of law enforcement. Do you really think only the good mexicans are coming in? If you think that article is right go hangout in juarez
    Nathan you can't just ignore the laws you don't like. Forget for a minute that the law is about something you don't agree with, just look at it as... it's the law very black and white. I won't argue about why or how but simply that it is and that should be enough for anyone to understand. Just for the record I support neither dems or reps. for this reason neither side wants to address this issue which is why it has gotten to this point.
    Why not you did, segregation was a law at one point. There is no difference none what so ever. Some here have spoken about the open door policy of the US. Try Canada's open door policy, we house them feed them cloth them the works.. hell it can take decades to send them back. You are not alone in the immigration problem. Take a look at Europe, hell, your little problem pales in comparison. Open your eyes people, read something, watch something instead of your favorite local msm or fox network. There is a big bad world out there.

Gesssh
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I was a border patrol agent. This is bull. You have no idea what you are talking about. They return home at will as it is. There is nothing holding them here. They turn themselves in for the free bus ride. Its called a voluntary return. Then they come back next year. Its a joke to them. Even the people I catch just sign a paper and get vor back the same day or the next day. They just come right back after that. We dont even charge the smugglers we catch unless they have more than 15 people with them or a certain weight of drugs depending on what it is. And its always a lot. They know this on the other side so they always come in with less and get sent right back home to try again. They all pay no taxes and cant because they have no social security numbers so dont say some pay taxes. They dont want to pay taxes but sometimes they take someones SS number with their health insurance and screw them over with the irs. They usually have 15 fake names and have been caught over 60 times because they are just going back and forth. You have no idea what you people are talking about. The USA has a bunch of ways for them to come in and do it legally but these people dont for every reason you can think of but mostly because its easy to get in. Even people who dont want to apply for a visa can get a border crossing card to just come over and do what they want.
    I dont disagree with you, not one bit. There are some coming, I am sure, that are desperate, money health care whatever. The vast majority are not.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast