Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    Speeding is not a felony, illegal imigrants are commiting a felony. You are not comparing apples to apples my friend.
  2. #22  
    The majority that stay her do pay taxes without a ssn is called a TIN. The TAX ID NUMBER lets you pay taxes. There are some that do take advantage of the government that is true but there is also a lot of Americans that do the same thing here with food stamps, sooner care and other things.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  3. #23  
    If you really want all of this to stop, go after the companies hiring the illegals!!! Last I checked, it was against federal law to hire them, as well...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  4. #24  
    What I have found out is that the majority of people don't really know anything about U.S. Immigration laws. All they know is that they exist and that there are legal chanels to get into this country. They don't realize that the system as it is now is unreasonable, to complicated and sometimes unfair. If it was easy to do it the right way most people would. Why else would people risk their lives and leave their families unless it was a last resort. Also the reason a lot of them don't go back is because it was so hard and they risked so much just to get here. If they knew they could easily return to work for a while when needed, a lot would go back home.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    What I have found out is that the majority of people don't really know anything about U.S. Immigration laws. All they know is that they exist and that there are legal chanels to get into this country. They don't realize that the system as it is now is unreasonable, to complicated and sometimes unfair. If it was easy to do it the right way most people would. Why else would people risk their lives and leave their families unless it was a last resort. Also the reason a lot of them don't go back is because it was so hard and they risked so much just to get here. If they knew they could easily return to work for a while when needed, a lot would go back home.
    Yeah. A lot of people don't realize that is can take up to 20 years to become a US citizen by going through the proper channels. Also, setting up a Workers Permit type of program for those who want to work here and return home could be beneficial too.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Yeah. A lot of people don't realize that is can take up to 20 years to become a US citizen by going through the proper channels. Also, setting up a Workers Permit type of program for those who want to work here and return home could be beneficial too.
    Forget about becoming a citizen, most of them just want to come work to be able to survive and support their families. For example applying for a workers permit if you are from Mexico can take thousands of dollars and at least 2 years. Even then the permit is not guaranteed. For someone who is living in poverty and hungry, they can't afford to wait. That is why people risk their live's crossing the desert.
    Last edited by sracercelica; 05/03/2010 at 10:50 AM.
  7. #27  
    Again I was a border patrol agent and you all have no idea about immigration. They dont need to wait 20 years to become a citizen to get in. They let them in without becoming a citizen. They can get work visas or border crossing cards. They can even get LAPR (lawfully admitted permanent resident) status and live here while waiting to become a citizen. There are a lot of ways to come to the usa but these people are screened prior and this is how it should be done. It is not hard. Keep thinking you guys know whats going on. The problem isnt the nice people coming in. Its the gang members and drug smugglers and people who come here to depend on public assistance and take advantage of our system of doing things. Even the people that have been here illegal for a long time are granted LAPR status based on good moral standards usually. They are not just caught and deported and cannot be without a hearing if they've been in country more than 2 weeks. Odds are 400,000 people in arizona wont be deported unless they've committed a crime other than illegal entry. An immigration judge will view each case and they can simply show they've been in good moral standing while in country and seek LAPR status. The united states wants to let them in. Its not the other way around. We just want to keep out the bad.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Forget about becoming a citizen, most of them just want to come work to be able to survive and support their families. For example applying for a workers permit if you are from Mexico can take thousands of dollars and at least 2 years. Even then the permit is not guaranteed. For someone who is living in poverty and hungry, they can't afford to wait. That is why people risk their live's crossing the desert.
    Bull. How are these people different from those that follow the process and obey the laws?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. #29  
    You would not believe how many gang members I caught and how many men with normal looking poor families that turned out to be wanted for a crime in the USA already. There are a vast majority of poor people looking for a better life yes. BUT as with any poor country they have more crime and criminals than us that are also coming here. We have ways of screening them and letting them in legally. They must be forced to use those ways in the interest of protecting ourselves and our way of life. You people live in a land where you dont see whats going on at the border and pretend to know based on the nice Mexican guy who cuts your lawn or makes your food at a restaurant. This is not reality.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    You would not believe how many gang members I caught and how many men with normal looking poor families that turned out to be wanted for a crime in the USA already. There are a vast majority of poor people looking for a better life yes. BUT as with any poor country they have more crime and criminals than us that are also coming here. We have ways of screening them and letting them in legally. They must be forced to use those ways in the interest of protecting ourselves and our way of life. You people live in a land where you dont see whats going on at the border and pretend to know based on the nice Mexican guy who cuts your lawn or makes your food at a restaurant. This is not reality.
    lol I live in southern California and I'm married to an illegal! So I know first hand how hard the process is. Also, just because you were (or at least that's what you claim) a border patrol agent, that doesn't make you an expert in immigration law.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    lol I live in southern California and I'm married to an illegal! So I know first hand how hard the process is. Also, just because you were (or at least that's what you claim) a border patrol agent, that doesn't make you an expert in immigration law.
    Then change the law. The solution is not to break it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Laws are words on paper.
    So is the title to your car, the patient bill of rights, and your will, but I suppose you wouldn't want some random person to drive away with your car, share your medical information with their friends, and assume control of your estate when you die...

    Reducing a law to "words on paper" is a convenient little idea, until someone violates a law that affects you. When a person trespasses on your property, won't leave, and the police tell you "eh, its a stupid law anyway", might you disagree? Because people like you pick and choose which laws to take seriously is the reason we have police. If there is a law that you and many others think is "stupid", change the law. For many of us, immigration laws are as important as trespassing laws. I don't want anyone coming into my house unless I invite them and I don't want anyone to cross our borders without following due process.
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Actually, the German Marshall Fund of the US's Transatlantic Trend report says exactly that--if a country opens its borders more to people from surrounding poorer countries, it actually helps the economy of the receiving country.

    The report gives numerous examples from around the world where this holds true, including the US.

    http://www.gmfus.org/trends/immigrat...I_2009_Key.pdf
    What an amazingly stupid idea. What were these people thinking? (not you zelgo)
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Great soundbite--but unrealistic.

    Is a poor Mexican who just wants to find a job to feed his family really supposed to work 20 years to improve American immigration laws before he tries to get into the country. No, he's going to risk life and limb to enter this country to find a job so terrible no one else wants to do it.

    That silly advice isn't going to curtail illegal immigration at all.
    Speaking of silly, why and how would a non-resident work to change immigration laws? I wasn't talking about the immigrants changing the laws, and I'm amazed you thought I had.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    ummm...entering the country illegally is NOT a felony.

    It's actually a misdemeanor.
    Wrong. The answer is actually both. It's a misdemeanor the first time, and a felony the second time around. The vast majority are repeat offenders, so that makes them felons.

    Check your google sources more closely next time.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Absolutely! The reason Bush II couldn't come up with an immigration fix was the battle between Republican business owners who needed the workers and the rank-and-file who wanted the undocumented out altogether.

    Republicans have benefited greatly from illegals workers who work for terrible pay and no benefits.
    Ok, please provide proof these were all Republican business owners. Such nonsense.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    lol I live in southern California and I'm married to an illegal! So I know first hand how hard the process is. Also, just because you were (or at least that's what you claim) a border patrol agent, that doesn't make you an expert in immigration law.
    I was at imperial beach station, sandiego sector. Its not hard to get your husband citizenship. Its just paper work and interviews. Do you want to just have everyone pay 50cents and walk in? Whats wrong with you people.

    Your husband or wife will receive conditional permanent resident status. The permanent resident status is conditional, because you must prove that you did not get married to evade the immigration laws of the United States. Your husband must petition (apply) to remove the conditional status within 90 days of the second anniversary of receiving the status. WOW! thats horrible. Oh and he might need to know some US history, our laws, and some understanding of the English language.

    I know everyone thinks paper work is hard and its so difficult but be realistic. There is a screening process for a reason. Its not hard considering its a life changing action. Your on crack if you think it should be simpler than it is. All they are doing is screening people. Im sorry that as soon as you got married the USA didnt say citizenship granted. LOL.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    If the immigrants are illegal immigrants then it would be impossible for them to commit less crimes since them being here is a crime in itself
    +1
    Lets start with what "illegal" means. Illegal - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    1 - Main Entry: 1il·le·gal
    Pronunciation: \(ˌ)i(l)-ˈlē-gəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French illegal, from Medieval Latin illegalis, from Latin in- + legalis legal
    Date: 1538

    : not according to or authorized by law :
    _________________________
    2 - Main Entry: 2illegal
    Function: noun
    Date: 1939

    : an illegal immigrant
    _________________________

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Laws are words on paper. The US violated the UN and constitutional laws on the declaration of war when we went into Iraq. Is it that hard to understand that laws are often unjust, fungible, and outright absurd? I feel current immigration law is ridiculous, and one of the major ways to effect change is it outright violate it, just like black's of the 50s did to laws requiring them to sit on the backs of buses and drink from different water fountains..
    What is so good about the UN. The intent of the unified body was a good idea but it is just a club house now. The standards the UN has for allowing members to be head of human rights and who's countries commit genocide is a good example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    More liberal media bull crap.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Actually many do pay taxes. And when they don't it's because it would give away their status. And MANY don't. What you seem to be saying is that if you steal from your neighbor and pay your taxes it is ok?
    And MANY don't. What you seem to be saying is that if you steal from your neighbor and pay your taxes it is ok?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Again I was a border patrol agent and you all have no idea about immigration. They dont need to wait 20 years to become a citizen to get in. They let them in without becoming a citizen. They can get work visas or border crossing cards. They can even get LAPR (lawfully admitted permanent resident) status and live here while waiting to become a citizen. There are a lot of ways to come to the usa but these people are screened prior and this is how it should be done. It is not hard. Keep thinking you guys know whats going on. The problem isnt the nice people coming in. Its the gang members and drug smugglers and people who come here to depend on public assistance and take advantage of our system of doing things. Even the people that have been here illegal for a long time are granted LAPR status based on good moral standards usually. They are not just caught and deported and cannot be without a hearing if they've been in country more than 2 weeks. Odds are 400,000 people in arizona wont be deported unless they've committed a crime other than illegal entry. An immigration judge will view each case and they can simply show they've been in good moral standing while in country and seek LAPR status. The united states wants to let them in. Its not the other way around. We just want to keep out the bad.
    Nice point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    lol I live in southern California and I'm married to an illegal! So I know first hand how hard the process is. Also, just because you were (or at least that's what you claim) a border patrol agent, that doesn't make you an expert in immigration law.
    Sounds like you are an accessory to a crime. So I would believe more of what a boarder agent says before you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Then change the law. The solution is not to break it.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++1
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Then change the law. The solution is not to break it.
    ....you don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue
    if you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too

    Breaking the law, breaking the law

    You don't know what it's like!!

    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions