View Poll Results: How many MP3s do you have?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a few

1 3.70%
  • 20 or less

0 0%
  • 50 or less

0 0%
  • 100 or less

2 7.41%
  • 250 or less

4 14.81%
  • 500 or less

3 11.11%
  • 750 or less

6 22.22%
  • 1,000 or less

1 3.70%
  • More than 1,000.

10 37.04%
  1.    #1  
    Subject says it all. Personally, I have about 600, taking up about 3GB. I had to get a new HD to store them all, too.

How many do you have?
    Around 5000, I need a bigger iPod...
    I don't have an answer that really fits into any of those. I have three currently, but as soon as I listen to them once more, they're getting deleted. I normally don't have any, but will occasionally have a handful for a day or two.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I have roughly 650-750. I just bought a Samsung Yepp' YP-700, and have been steadily rippin' CDs since. I have an 8GB hard drive that has about 3.5GB of MP3s on it for now. I will be burning a lot of those to CD-R just for storage. I love my Yepp'. It has 128MB of memory and and SD slot for even more storage. I wanted to get a MP3 jukebox, but couldn't justify the expense with the head bean counter (re: my wife).

Also, another couple of questions to post would be:

Which CD-R/RW burn software do you like/use?

and

Which rip software do you like/use?

I have Nero Burning ROM 5.0 which came with my CD-R/RW drive for burning CDs.

I use the software that came with the Yepp' for ripping songs from CD to MP3.

Later,

Craig
    What the Heck! It's what I want!
  5.    #5  
    Same boat here. I picked up an Audible Otis and an MMC card, so I have 128MB of storage on it. I have about 85 MP3s on there now. I use Winamp to compress them to about 24kbps and 22Hz, so I can fit a ton.

I use Sony CD Extreme (came with the burner) to both burn and rip. It can't actually rip to MP3; it rips to Wav and I run it through CDex to turn it into MP3, but I rarely ever rip.
    I'm in the process now of putting my whole collection of CDs--about 600 of them--onto my new RioRiot jukebox. I'm using MusicMatch jukebox to convert the CDs to Mp3s (actually Mp3pro, same quality, half the space). It works quite well. I have to use RealOne to put them onto the RioRiot--compatability issues. I find RealOne to be a little glitchy sometimes.
    I honestly don't know how many MP3s I have; I've ripped a pretty big chunk of my CD collection and I have a fair collection of old time radio MP3s as well. Nothing's more fun on a long train ride than an episode or two of Jack Benny.

Personally, I like my Archos; it's got a 20 gig hard drive, you can import playlists from MusicMatch, and -- best of all -- it uses no proprietary software or encoding to load MP3s. Just copy them up through a USB connection and you're golden.
    Just curious -- anyone burning their MP3s to DVD-Rs rather than CD-Rs?

I've always burned mine to CD-Rs (I only have a CD-Rom drive at work), but I was wondering if the move to the much larger DVD-R was taking off.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by bookrats
    Just curious -- anyone burning their MP3s to DVD-Rs rather than CD-Rs?

I've always burned mine to CD-Rs (I only have a CD-Rom drive at work), but I was wondering if the move to the much larger DVD-R was taking off.
    Wher would you play them instead of at a DVD computer?
    Originally posted by dampeoples

Wher would you play them instead of at a DVD computer?
    If we're talking me, I'd figure on upgrading the CD-ROM drive at work with a DVD-ROM drive (I need to eventually, because Microsoft is pushing to only release their MSDN releases on DVD.)

My very limited understanding of the market is that you could play MP3s burned on DVD-Rs (or DVD+Rs) on:

- Compatible DVD drives in computers
    - Compatible DVD players (my Malata DVD player reads CD-Rs
    and can play MP3s burned on them)

For all I know, there may be portable MP3 players that can read MP3s off of DVD-R discs. (I thought there were some out that could read CD-R discs and play MP3s on them.)

But my question was: has anyone else started to burn/archive their MP3s on DVD media?
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by visor empowered

Adaptec EZ-CD Creator

[/B]
    AudioGrabber, it supports CDDB and ID3 tags.
    I don't measure in number of songs...I measure in Gigabytes, of which I have about 40Gb devoted to my precious music collection...say has anyone yet found a good alternative to Audiogalaxy (knowing my luck with other posts, the answer will probably come up when I read through the actual posts)
    Alex.
    around 13,000, filling 30 gigs. At least half I got from my emusic account; around half (not the same half) haven't been listened to.

Originally posted by visor empowered
    Toast.

iTunes.

oh, and I have a 4/4/32 external USB CD-RW burner by APS Tech. (yeah, sad idn't it?)
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    i have about 14 thousand mp3s all bought and paid for. they take up about 50 gigs or so though it's hard to tell as i'm not the most organized person.

i used musicmatch because it came with my soundsgood.
    Originally posted by mensachicken
    i have about 14 thousand mp3s
    oh good. I was feeling weird, having so many.

I'm not alone! I'm not alone!
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    i have 3,000 - 4,000
    7GB
    Music Match(paid version) Burns and Rips