Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    He doesn't in terms of his salary. Not sure what that $5m number is referring to.
    probably book royalties.
    He doesn't in terms of his salary. Not sure what that $5m number is referring to.
    Mostly money made from sales of his books.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    It is a fact that activist-*** senator Barack Obama started off his career as an activist with a position as a community organizer for the Developing Communities Project (DCP) of the Calumet Community Religious conference (CCRC) in Chicago. Both the CCRC and the DCP were built on the Alinsky model of community agitation, wherein paid organizers learned, in Alinsky’s own words, how to “rub raw the sores of discontent”.
    The interesting thing is that you seem to think that's a bad thing. Good thing the founding fathers weren't opposed to rallying discontent.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    The interesting thing is that you seem to think that's a bad thing. Good thing the founding fathers weren't opposed to rallying discontent.
    Except of course if they are those dirty racist tea baggers, then we need to silence them of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Except of course if they are those dirty racist tea baggers, then we need to silence them of course.
    actually, i could care less if they are tea baggers or not, regardless of your right to free speech, you should shut them up. All it takes is a group of nut jobs, dont matter which political stripe, and you can end up with all sort of nasty things happening,, ya know,,lynchings, etc etc.. but hey,, you got the right to free speech, dont matter if someone gets the hell kicked outta them or worse as a result.. gotta defend that right...
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    actually, i could care less if they are tea baggers or not, regardless of your right to free speech, you should shut them up. All it takes is a group of nut jobs, dont matter which political stripe, and you can end up with all sort of nasty things happening,, ya know,,lynchings, etc etc.. but hey,, you got the right to free speech, dont matter if someone gets the hell kicked outta them or worse as a result.. gotta defend that right...
    You mean by some SEIU thugs? Or Obama's ACORN thugs? Take your pick.

Gateway Pundit

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    What you got in your midst a tyrant. And I know what kind of damage these kinds of leaders do to a nation. I used to live in a country run by one. And I am used to a sub standard lifestyle, aka third world. I hope you are. You better wake up Americans! Before it's too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    What you got in your midst a tyrant. And I know what kind of damage these kinds of leaders do to a nation. I used to live in a country run by one. And I am used to a sub standard lifestyle, aka third world. I hope you are. You better wake up Americans! Before it's too late.

We did. That's why we elected Obama. Before it was too late. And he seems to be saving the economy, providing health care to people that need it, getting us out of absurd wars, and doing his best to do what he promised. Seems like some people forget that he was elected president by a pretty good majority, compared to other recent elections. He is significantly more popular than either party and than Congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    We did. That's why we elected Obama. Before it was too late. And he seems to be saving the economy, providing health care to people that need it, getting us out of absurd wars, and doing his best to do what he promised. Seems like some people forget that he was elected president by a pretty good majority, compared to other recent elections. He is significantly more popular than either party and than Congress.
    I think you meant to say was?

His poll numbers have dropped significantly!

By pulling out of these absurd wars (your words not mine) he will be effectively killing the supporters of the usa in the affected countries.
    Your point about the economy and healthcare are mute because the economy is not improving, and we cant now or ever afford to supply health care to deadbeats who wont work.
    unless you are disabled and cant work you should pay for your own healthcare, I do!
    When did it become the job of the government to pay for deadbeats?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Rule 1: Power is not only what you have, but what an opponent thinks you have. If your organization is small, hide your numbers in the dark and raise a din that will make everyone think you have many more people than you do.
    Rule 2: Never go outside the experience of your people. The result is confusion, fear, and retreat.
    Rule 3: Whenever possible, go outside the experience of an opponent. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.
    Rule 4: Make opponents live up to their own book of rules. “You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
    Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.
    Rule 6: A good tactic is one your people enjoy. “If your people aren’t having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic.”
    Rule 7: A tactic that drags on for too long becomes a drag. Commitment may become ritualistic as people turn to other issues.
    Rule 8: Keep the pressure on. Use different tactics and actions and use all events of the period for your purpose. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this that will cause the opposition to react to your advantage.”
    Rule 9: The threat is more terrifying than the thing itself. When Alinsky leaked word that large numbers of poor people were going to tie up the washrooms of O’Hare Airport, Chicago city authorities quickly agreed to act on a longstanding commitment to a ghetto organization. They imagined the mayhem as thousands of passengers poured off airplanes to discover every washroom occupied. Then they imagined the international embarrassment and the damage to the city’s reputation.
    Rule 10: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. Avoid being trapped by an opponent or an interviewer who says, “Okay, what would you do?”
    Rule 11: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.
    According to Alinsky, the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength
    I encourage everyone to reread this, and imagine the Republican party employing these tactics instead. It's a good thought experiment.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Heck no! That's some darn entertaining theater! Feed them more raw meat!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I think you meant to say was?

His poll numbers have dropped significantly!
    He meant say what he did and it was completely accurate.

By pulling out of these absurd wars (your words not mine) he will be effectively killing the supporters of the usa in the affected countries.
    Get out of these conflicts "responsibly". That's why he's taking heat from the far left.

Your point about the economy and healthcare are mute because the economy is not improving,
    All indicators show an economy in recovery.

and we cant now or ever afford to supply health care to deadbeats who wont work.
    unless you are disabled and cant work you should pay for your own healthcare, I do!
    When did it become the job of the government to pay for deadbeats?
    Apparently you missed the health care debate... you already are paying for those people's health care.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    He meant say what he did and it was completely accurate.
    Not even close!

Get out of these conflicts "responsibly". That's why he's taking heat from the far left.
    Not even possible! Win or Die Thats how war works.

All indicators show an economy in recovery.
    Tell my family that, My business is in the worst shape In 25 yrs. No end in sight.

Since you are a mod I guess Ill get banned for this next comment but itll be worth it.

Go back to hugging that tree! or is it Obamas leg?

Apparently you missed the health care debate... you already are paying for those people's health care.
    Really? You believe that this bill is going to make things better than it was?
    Refer to previous comment!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Not even close!
    Do you pay attention at all? Even a little bit?

Current RealClear Politics, average of 7 polls:

Obama
    Approval 47%
    Disapprove 45%

Congress
    Approval 22.5%
    Disapprove 70.5%

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

From Pollster.com:

Public Policy Polling (D)
    4/9-11/10; 622 registered voters, 3.9% margin of error
    Mode: Automated phone
    (PPP release)
    National
    Do you approve or disapprove of the direction of the Republican Party?
    28% Approve, 51% Disapprove
    Favorable / Unfavorable
    Michael Steele: 10 / 33
    Mitch McConnell: 15 / 26
    John Boehner: 15 / 25
    National
    Favorable / Unfavorable
    Barack Obama: 55 / 42 (chart)
    Nancy Pelosi: 39 / 50
    Harry Reid; 29 / 59
    Mitch McConnell: 24 / 61
    John Boehner: 22 / 58
    Democratic Party: 41 / 53
    Republican Party: 32 / 65
    State of the Country
    41% Right Direction, 56% Wrong Track (chart)
    Pollster.com - Political Surveys and Election Polls, Trends, Charts and Analysis

So yes. That was EXACTLY what I meant to say. Obama is much more popular than congress and either political party.
    ITT: People bashing our president, not based on facts, but what they read in a chain e-mail...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    i wouldn't go as far as to say that you can make "enough" money, because that would imply there should be an arbitrary limit. But i do believe there are amounts that you really can't reach without doing a considerable amount of harm to society, and the further you are across that line, the more you should be expected to give back to society in the form of taxes.

I don't considerate it being punished for being rich, because they are still rich and still can pretty much do everything they want and with continued success, they will continue to turn profits. But too much wealth for one person is harmful for the group because the less fortunate can never compete.

and when did Obama say that he shouldn't be in the group that gets taxed more? I'm asking how exactly is he a hypocrite in this context?
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 05/03/2010 at 10:00 AM.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Of course, that's only half the quote. The other half is when he said that "but part of the American way is that you can keep making money as long as you provide a good product or a good service". But don't let the facts interrupt a nice partisan hackjob.
    Yup....he said that part first and then added about making too much. It doesn't change the quote at all. Now....let's hear your spin on the "spreading the wealth around" comment he made during the election. The guy clearly has a problem with certain people making "enough" money. Have you ever heard him be critical of Oprah making too much money? Didn't she make like $180 million a year or two ago? Please find and post the link where he commented that she was just making too much money....oh wait....she's a liberal....it's fine for liberals to make that money so they can feed his campaign fund.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    The difference is that Gates and Buffet can't raise taxes...
    Neither can President Obama. That is an act of Congress, which he can encourage, discourage, approve or veto. After that, his job is to execute the laws passed by Congress. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yup....he said that part first and then added about making too much. It doesn't change the quote at all. Now....let's hear your spin on the "spreading the wealth around" comment he made during the election. The guy clearly has a problem with certain people making "enough" money. Have you ever heard him be critical of Oprah making too much money? Didn't she make like $180 million a year or two ago? Please find and post the link where he commented that she was just making too much money....oh wait....she's a liberal....it's fine for liberals to make that money so they can feed his campaign fund.
    Congrats. You've finally reached a point where you disagree with yourself. Not surprising, of course. Either he believes in the philosophy that people can make too much money (which, by the way, is not what he said in terms of his own philosophy) or he doesn't. Saying that he doesn't care if liberals make too much money is patently absurd. Really, you are letting your hatred of the president interfere with your logic.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I didn't know the President made 5 Million dollars a year....hum must of missed that.....
    Yes....I made it up

Obamas report $5.5 million in income on 2009 tax return

But you are correct....I was wrong....it was closer to $5.5 million....oops....sorry.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast