Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is an article of what Peaceful Tea-Partiers face when they protest while in AZ there was one arrest for a crowd of protestors throwing water bottles at police. Messed up.

Riot police shield Obama from tea-party grandmas
  2.    #2  
    Here's the video of AZ protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Here is an article of what Peaceful Tea-Partiers face when they protest while in AZ there was one arrest for a crowd of protestors throwing water bottles at police. Messed up.

lol nice, gotta say that was/is one piece of work. yup, there were grannies there, yup there were riot cops there. probably about the same number of grannies as there were riot cops,,, First and fore most, he is the president of the US, with the attempted and succesfull shots at the past presidents, any and all threats have to be countered. I think, considering the number of protesters, about 20 riot cops was not even close to being over kill. As to snipers, well,, ya there was a couple guys on a roof in uniform, yup, they were armed, sniping rifles, sorry didnt see one. I would suggest that if the riot cops had not been there, and someone had of taken a run at Obama, you would have been on here ranting about the lack of care for the president. just my thoughts.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.

k, i dont know nor do you, how many of those people in this video were ILLEGALS, i would be willing to bet a few, from the looks of some of the other video taken by others a pretty good mix of everyone was there.

Now, if this little riot, and do not get me wrong here, attacking the cops over this stupid law is just as stupid as the law is, is indicitave of the way people feel then you have a problem. Lets face it, people who are against Obama, and some of his ideas, are have formed UNREGULATED MILITIAS, these fine upstanding americans are armed to the teeth. After looking at some of the videos thought, hell a meter maid should be able to handle them easly.
    I would suggest if the govt passed a law tomorrow saying you could no longer drive your pick up truck to and from work school or or or.. im betting you would be out protesting too.. and considering a large segment of your population, not just Arizona, is Latino, I am surprised the protest/riot was not bigger.
    The Latino population is large in the states, and I am talking Legal not the Illegals. Its really large in Arizona, so to have a large segment of your population feeling its personal rights and freedoms are being tread on, if not taken completely away. You got off lucky.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

Wow. Did you see those haters?! Such racists!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    The face of the racist tea party movement that has liberals shaking in their boots:

Last edited by groovy; 04/30/2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    The face of the racist tea party movement that has liberals shaking in their boots:

Oh sure...they look innocent....but I bet they are all "packing" some heat. And, did you not notice that the one on the right is not smiling? She looks extremely angry and dangerous. I saw many of the same dangerous types at the one tea-party event I attended here in Charleston. Odd.....I didn't see anyone throwing stuff at cops like at the peaceful rally in AZ recently. Weird.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Oh sure...they look innocent....but I bet they are all "packing" some heat. And, did you not notice that the one on the right is not smiling? She looks extremely angry and dangerous. I saw many of the same dangerous types at the one tea-party event I attended here in Charleston. Odd.....I didn't see anyone throwing stuff at cops like at the peaceful rally in AZ recently. Weird.
    Angry and dangerous or, perhaps, just a little "backed-up". Nothing some prune juice wouldn't cure right up. It gives the term "irregular militia" a whole new meaning, though, doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Angry and dangerous or, perhaps, just a little "backed-up". Nothing some prune juice wouldn't cure right up. It gives the term "irregular militia" a whole new meaning, though, doesn't it?
    They could probably kick our ***.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    they could probably kick our ***.
    probably?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    probably? :d
    Please. Allow me some shred of self respect, even if it's a fantasy.
    Please. Allow me some shred of self respect, even if it's a fantasy.
    Hey, all I am saying is that the one on the right looks pretty scrappy. And if they are anything like my grandmas, they don't fight fair...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Nice try....but no go. They were protecting the president's motorcade, and they weren't SWAT team members. And they didn't follow the Secret Service's request, which is why they were moved.

Another right-wing myth

I like to keep track of fables and narratives within the tea party movement, and we learned of a new one this week -- the story of the "SWAT team" called out to threaten tea partyers in Quincy, Ill. In the words of Jim Hoft, the Gateway Pundit:

The SWAT Team was called in today at the Quincy Tea Party Rally ... local Quincy Tea Party Leader Steve McQueen was directing protesters when the SWAT team was called in.

The only problem with that? The SWAT team wasn't called in. Local police, wearing riot gear, briefly marched down the street to clear it for the president's motorcade.

UPDATE: More details from John Cook.

The story, from the Quincy Herald Whig.

There were a few tense moments when the crowd moved west down York toward Third Street after the president's motorcade arrived. A Secret Service agent asked the crowd to move back across the street to the north side.

When the crowd didn't move and began singing "God Bless, America" and the national anthem, Quincy Deputy Police Chief Ron Dreyer called for members of the Mobile Field Force to walk up the street.

The officers, mainly from Metro East departments near St. Louis and dressed in full body armor, marched from the east and stood on the south side of York facing the protesters.

There was no physical contact, and the officers did not come close to the crowd, but there were catcalls and more than a few upset tea party members, including a woman who shouted, "This is communism!"

McQueen also assisted in asking people to step back to the north side of York. The crowd moved back, the officers stayed for about 15 minutes and left, and there were no other incidents.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Oh come on - whats the difference between SWAT and "Local police, wearing riot gear"? I mean really. You're totally missing the point.... (or choosing to) that most Tea partiers aren't the screaming radical racist rioters they've been portrayed to be. Give it a rest.
    here let me restate the obvious, and at the chance of sounding a little liberal, you had a half a dozen grannies there, convienantly positioned in front of a camera with a back drop of riot cops.. gimme a break, then they go on to show the REST OF THE GROUP. Which I might add were not grannies, but your average american.

lol this is rich,,, gotta love the art of deflection. even when practiced by ......
    Oh come on - whats the difference between SWAT and "Local police, wearing riot gear"? I mean really. You're totally missing the point.... (or choosing to) that most Tea partiers aren't the screaming radical racist rioters they've been portrayed to be. Give it a rest.
    right and they arent all grannies either so pls give it a rest yourself., well i have worked with both extensively, and ya huge difference between the two branchs,, bloody huge.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    right and they arent all grannies either so pls give it a rest yourself., well i have worked with both extensively, and ya huge difference between the two branchs,, bloody huge.
    You're absolutely right. It's Friday afternoon. I'm for some beer. Who's with me?

A very productive way to protest, not. Should have pulled out the paddy-wagon and made many arrests, that is absolutely embarrassing for these people to say they want to be American citizens, acting that way will only get you in one to two places, jail or on the other side of our boarder.

Wow! That's not a COMPLETELY OBVIOUS attempt at a slanted article.

20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Wow! That's not a COMPLETELY OBVIOUS attempt at a slanted article.

Whether it's slanted or not, fact remains that most tea party demonstrators are from middle America and are not racist. I can attach some pictures of a demonstration I attended in DC on april 15th of 2009 where there were snipers on the roof of the capitol. Plus, there were no riots, no bottles thrown and no one shouting obscenities. There wasn't even any trash to pick up after the demonstration. Try to say that about Obama's inauguration. There were over 5000 people demonstrating and not one MSM was there. But get together a few hundred people demonstrating AZ's legal law and the media is all over it. How slanted is that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast