Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    So is anyone else tired of all these progressive and conservatives and their conflicting views?

    Case in point: Progressives support universal health care and generally more open immigration. How could this possibly work? We would go bankrupt immediately.

    On the flip side: Conservatives are rah rah, freedom to have guns, not pay taxes, etc... but can't have dem brown people in my America or anyone smoking any undocumented plants! Sounds real free to me

    Complete hypocrites, and of course both parties combine to give us the worst of both worlds.

    If you don't like the idea of a police state where any dumb cop can haul you off to jail for not having your papers or growing a plant, and the government can fine you 2000 dollars a year for choosing not to buy health insurance while leeching from the wealthiest 49% to pay off the other 51%, this is the thread for you.

    Anymore good stories of the absurdity of the world views of both types of individuals?

    Another topic of interest: Free State project. Has anyone though of moving to New Hampshire? The only way we will get a society where people are free to buy whatever insurance they want, smoke whatever plants they want, speak whatever language they want, keep whatever money they make, and trade with any countries they want is if we can concentrate enough people who agree with the ideas of liberty. I see my freedoms slipping away on a daily basis and I argue with people who can barely grasp the effects of the policies they support or the reasons they are so happy, wealthy, and productive today. It's not closed borders or a welfare system that has made us the most admired nation on earth. It's the vibrant melting pot of commerce and ideas that a free society inevitably produces.
    Last edited by NathanS; 04/28/2010 at 12:16 AM.
  2. #2  
    I am. I heard freetalklive years ago which started my interest I libertarianism.

    I have thought of NH and have gone to the liberty forum the past 2 years meeting many friends and learning more interesting ideas of thought.

    Where did you hear about FSP?
  3. #3  
    I don't need any plants to smoke, so i don't care about stuff like that.

    All i need, for a perfect existence, is cold beer (preferably Corona), numerous strip-clubs within reach and NY pizza.

    What else could anybody possibly need??
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm not sure I understand your comparison. I'd have contrasted republican with democrat, left or right, or maybe conservative with liberal. There are progressive republicans just as there are progressive democrats.

    Also, you've pushed out some extreme examples/stereotypes. Racism knows no particular party or overall political viewpoint. Don't you think it's a bit unfair to saddle conservatives as racists, when it's obviously an unfair, unbalanced view?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #5  
    The mainstream media wants you to believe that everything is a left-right economic issue.

    What they don't want you to realize is that we're all mostly moderate, but we're on the opposite side of the authoritarians.

    I'm all for all the freedom lovers moving to New Hampshire, but what happens whenever the authoritarians solidify their dominance in other states, so much that they can ratify the constitution to their liking?? ... perhaps even striking down the old constitution because it's outdated, and bringing in the newer, better, more bad-ayse "Corporate Constitution 2.0"??

    It might be too late for you to move to the other states and educate the masses. The U.S. of A. (not to be confused with THE U.S., a corporation) could very well do away with the First Amendment, the Second Amendment, and the rest of your precious Bill of Rights... just because the Libertarians were tired of interacting with the idgits.

    The key to your freedom lies in ACTIVATION OF PARTICIPATION, *not* running away from the uneducated.

    Remember in the Matrix?? Everybody is a potential "Agent". You're working to save them, aren't you? ... not just the mountaineers playing in the snow, right?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    So is anyone else tired of all these progressive and conservatives and their conflicting views?

    Case in point: Progressives support universal health care and generally more open immigration. How could this possibly work? We would go bankrupt immediately.

    On the flip side: Conservatives are rah rah, freedom to have guns, not pay taxes, etc... but can't have dem brown people in my America or anyone smoking any undocumented plants! Sounds real free to me

    Complete hypocrites, and of course both parties combine to give us the worst of both worlds.

    If you don't like the idea of a police state where any dumb cop can haul you off to jail for not having your papers or growing a plant, and the government can fine you 2000 dollars a year for choosing not to buy health insurance while leeching from the wealthiest 49% to pay off the other 51%, this is the thread for you.

    Anymore good stories of the absurdity of the world views of both types of individuals?

    Another topic of interest: Free State project. Has anyone though of moving to New Hampshire? The only way we will get a society where people are free to buy whatever insurance they want, smoke whatever plants they want, speak whatever language they want, keep whatever money they make, and trade with any countries they want is if we can concentrate enough people who agree with the ideas of liberty. I see my freedoms slipping away on a daily basis and I argue with people who can barely grasp the effects of the policies they support or the reasons they are so happy, wealthy, and productive today. It's not closed borders or a welfare system that has made us the most admired nation on earth. It's the vibrant melting pot of commerce and ideas that a free society inevitably produces.
    Gotta love the every man is an island theory's. Perhaps on Mars, where you would have room to do what you want, when you want, where you want. Last I checked, even Libertarians are starting to disagree with each other, thats why it wont work in a modern America. Unless of course, you ship all those people who can not draw a direct line back to the Mayflower to their Mother countries. lol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  7. #7  
    yup lets just dump all that stuff.. patriot act,, hmmm isnt there a thread about stopping illegals from coming in,, same to terrorist acts.. cia,, ok,, sure.. lol iraq war.. i think your outta there soon any way so thats a lost leader... open borders.. ok,, close em down.. same would be done to americans trying to leave.. fed reserve..lolol ok.. you got my vote there.. one thing you keep on forgetting.. its a real simple simple concept.. each and every libertarian has his or her own views on how things will be done... as a result.. you would never ever get consensus on a given item.. mainly because of that little line that keeps on popping up.. THE TYRANNY OF THE MAJORITY...arent you folks a democracy?? so dont that mean 50 plus 1.. or is the TYRANNY OF THE MAJORITY just too much for you to handle... wow
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    So is anyone else tired of all these progressive and conservatives and their conflicting views?

    Case in point: Progressives support universal health care and generally more open immigration. How could this possibly work? We would go bankrupt immediately.

    On the flip side: Conservatives are rah rah, freedom to have guns, not pay taxes, etc... but can't have dem brown people in my America or anyone smoking any undocumented plants! Sounds real free to me

    Complete hypocrites, and of course both parties combine to give us the worst of both worlds.

    If you don't like the idea of a police state where any dumb cop can haul you off to jail for not having your papers or growing a plant, and the government can fine you 2000 dollars a year for choosing not to buy health insurance while leeching from the wealthiest 49% to pay off the other 51%, this is the thread for you.

    Anymore good stories of the absurdity of the world views of both types of individuals?

    Another topic of interest: Free State project. Has anyone though of moving to New Hampshire? The only way we will get a society where people are free to buy whatever insurance they want, smoke whatever plants they want, speak whatever language they want, keep whatever money they make, and trade with any countries they want is if we can concentrate enough people who agree with the ideas of liberty. I see my freedoms slipping away on a daily basis and I argue with people who can barely grasp the effects of the policies they support or the reasons they are so happy, wealthy, and productive today. It's not closed borders or a welfare system that has made us the most admired nation on earth. It's the vibrant melting pot of commerce and ideas that a free society inevitably produces.
    has anyone asked the people of new hampshire if they want to go that route.. or are you just planning on a coup.. lolol.. one more thing,, you assume that other countries will deal with you.. plus i highly doubt your fed govt would ummmm let you cede from the nation... loll
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    arent you folks a democracy??
    No. The US is a representative republic.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...

Posting Permissions