Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 219
  1.    #1  
    Well, what i see is the racism is everywhere also in the forums , where you are suppose to talk about technology and stuff .. there is people jumping over the illegals or supporting laws where the racism is inminent.
    Im from Ecuador south America living like for 10 years on this country, paying my taxes, working and taking online classes to be better in this life and i should be called "criminal"?
  2. #2  
    Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave.
  3. #4  
    Ignore the haters.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Well, what i see is the racism is everywhere also in the forums , where you are suppose to talk about technology and stuff .. there is people jumping over the illegals or supporting laws where the racism is inminent.
    Im from Ecuador south America living like for 10 years on this country, paying my taxes and working and taking online classes to be better in this life and i should be called "criminal"?
    i've said it before, and i'll say it again, people are idiots. Alot of people ask me: "why would you say that", and I reply with "racism, it's proof that people are stupid. Thinking they are better cause they born in a different country."

    yes you are criminal,and are guilty of having more than your parents by working hard. You are only suppose to get richer by making the poor work hard. People who actually work hard aren't suppose to get richer, they are suppose to think they are going to get rich so they remain happy with working hard for nothing.
  5. #6  
    You get people from all over on these forums and I've noticed something in general.

    I'm not really the one to cast the first stone, but people are scared. Scared that general opinion will change against them, scared they will no longer be liked, scared that the finger will point at them. The longer they can direct attention away from themselves the happier they are, and many are willing do this at the cost of anyone or anything else.
  6. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #7  
    SISGO, If any of the people who would behave racially/ethnically against you took the time to get to know you, perhaps they would see you are a good person. But because our nation has grown so large and disconnected, and because so many people spread fearful propaganda about those they fear, and because so many people believe that propaganda, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that these uneducated people behave with such disdain toward what they don't understand. Try not to judge all of us based on the idiocy of some. thorne
  7. #8  
    Sisgo, are you referring to the new law in Arizona? If so, I understand that the law says that you have to be breaking the law first before the Officer can get proof of citizenship, they cannot randomly stop people based on the way they look.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dennyche View Post
    Sisgo, are you referring to the new law in Arizona? If so, I understand that the law says that you have to be breaking the law first before the Officer can get proof of citizenship, they cannot randomly stop people based on the way they look.
    Not true! And that is the main problem with this law, an officer may stop you if he suspects you are an illegal. I would actually have no problem if the law said "all people (key word: all) stopped by the police must provide proof of citizenship/legal status." Then of course this law would have never been passed.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #10  
    Pardon my ignorance, and please don't brand me a racist for asking this, but where is the racism you're talking about? I'm certain I just missed it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #11  
    I don't get it...if a country want enforce a certain law which keep law breakers out of the country how is that wrong? it's the same in any other country. Simple matter of a fact is that you cannot put blind trust in everybody. I believe the political correctness aka PC'ness has just gotten ridiculous. If you say illegal aliens whats the 1st thing that comes to mind? Same goes for Terrorists whats the first thing that comes to mind? Its about time we call apple an apple.
    I wasn't born in USA, but went through proper channels to become a citizen.
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Well, what i see is the racism is everywhere also in the forums , where you are suppose to talk about technology and stuff .. there is people jumping over the illegals or supporting laws where the racism is inminent.
    Im from Ecuador south America living like for 10 years on this country, paying my taxes, working and taking online classes to be better in this life and i should be called "criminal"?
    If you're here legally, then I commend you. If you're here illegally, Then your job should go to someone who is here legally or a citizen. If your employer hires illegals, shame on them.
  12. #13  
    If the stigma of "illegal" immigration were removed, considering that the term never existed prior to 1882, what argument is left in support of the removal of this singular group of people?
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    If you're here legally, then I commend you. If you're here illegally, Then your job should go to someone who is here legally or a citizen. If your employer hires illegals, shame on them.
    Not shame on them... MASSIVE FINES on them
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Well, what i see is the racism is everywhere also in the forums , where you are suppose to talk about technology and stuff .. there is people jumping over the illegals or supporting laws where the racism is inminent.
    Im from Ecuador south America living like for 10 years on this country, paying my taxes, working and taking online classes to be better in this life and i should be called "criminal"?
    It is not racist to support the rule of law. If you are against the law, then lobby your representative to change it. As long as the law is on the books at the Federal or State level and you break it, you can be labeled a criminal.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I don't get it...if a country want enforce a certain law which keep law breakers out of the country how is that wrong? it's the same in any other country. Simple matter of a fact is that you cannot put blind trust in everybody. I believe the political correctness aka PC'ness has just gotten ridiculous. If you say illegal aliens whats the 1st thing that comes to mind? Same goes for Terrorists whats the first thing that comes to mind? Its about time we call apple an apple.
    I wasn't born in USA, but went through proper channels to become a citizen.

    Good for you. Since you're a citizen, how would you like to be stopped and questioned simply because of the color of your skin? People seem to be confusing the appropriate desire for doing something about illegal immigration with this law, which by definition targets citizens and illegals alike.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, and please don't brand me a racist for asking this, but where is the racism you're talking about? I'm certain I just missed it.
    Here's a start, after a 10 second search:

    ...if you don't want to be treated like a dirt-bag, illegal immigrant, don't act like one. Step one, learn to speak in unaccented (or "American-accented" if you prefer) English.
    Apparently, in America 2010, speaking with an accent = "dirt-bag, illegal immigrant".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It is not racist to support the rule of law. If you are against the law, then lobby your representative to change it. As long as the law is on the books at the Federal or State level and you break it, you can be labeled a criminal.
    Agreed! But then lets change the law to say "everyone -no exceptions- must always carry proof of citizenship or legal status." I wonder if the governor wouldn't mind carrying her birth certificate at all time.
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I don't get it...if a country want enforce a certain law which keep law breakers out of the country how is that wrong? it's the same in any other country. Simple matter of a fact is that you cannot put blind trust in everybody. I believe the political correctness aka PC'ness has just gotten ridiculous. If you say illegal aliens whats the 1st thing that comes to mind? Same goes for Terrorists whats the first thing that comes to mind? Its about time we call apple an apple.
    I wasn't born in USA, but went through proper channels to become a citizen.
    You use the words "proper channels" like they were passed down from heaven. You were forced the jump through the absurd redundant confiscatory system that is immigration in our country. To call it "proper" is a bit of an overstatement.
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It is not racist to support the rule of law. If you are against the law, then lobby your representative to change it. As long as the law is on the books at the Federal or State level and you break it, you can be labeled a criminal.
    People like you that hide behind "the rule of law" seriously need a mental check. "The rule of law" has executed millions if not billions of people for no other reason than thinking the wrong thing, looking the wrong way, or having the wrong religion.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions