Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 219
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You mean like abide by the laws of the land?
    And if the law did not label them as illegal, what changes? Let's say that 100% of those now illegal are deported. They learn their lesson and return legally. They will suddenly receive the gift of high paying jobs because of this? No. Are they still impoverished? Yes.

    What changes?
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Did we loose sight of the fact that these people are illegal, perhaps? And why are you calling this person's race in to question?

    Because the poster made a point of ensuring we knew about it.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You mean like abide by the laws of the land?
    I do believe the laws of this land would be native American then...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Because the poster made a point of ensuring we knew about it.
    I found it a relevant point, but maybe I'm wrong? It offered perspective.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Oh, really? Why don't you find the definition of "lawful contact" in any law book? It's not there because it doesn't exist. It means whatever the police or their supervisors determines it means. One defense lawyer noted:
    They're much more interested in stirring the pot with the vague generalities of fear and hate. You'll only slow them down if you hold them accountable for the words they choose to use. Can't have that. They can't even acknowledge that probable cause where citizenship status is concerned has no definition within this law.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I found it a relevant point, but maybe I'm wrong? It offered perspective.
    So did Zelgo.
  7. #147  
    HP is buying palm. Let's all shut-up for little while and celebrate.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Did we loose sight of the fact that these people are illegal, perhaps?
    Did we lose sight of the fact that innocent until proven guilty is the precept by which our judicial system operates? Perhaps?
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    I do believe the laws of this land would be native American then...
    Interesting! You know I seem to remember hearing that the founding fathers conferenced with the Souix Nation when they were coming up with ideas for the structure of our government and the constitution. Myth?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #150  
    ummm hey i have an answer... it would solve it all.. Everyone that is a real american, with citizenship and all that stuff... they go down to the local state office and get a ohhh a chip inserted,, then the cops can tell instantly who is an illegal or legal. hmmmmmm sounds kinda like a tattoo that a group had to get 60-70 years ago.. but hey.. you wouldnt have a problem with figuring out who is a big bad illegal now would you...
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    ummm hey i have an answer... it would solve it all.. Everyone that is a real american, with citizenship and all that stuff... they go down to the local state office and get a ohhh a chip inserted,, then the cops can tell instantly who is an illegal or legal. hmmmmmm sounds kinda like a tattoo that a group had to get 60-70 years ago.. but hey.. you wouldnt have a problem with figuring out who is a big bad illegal now would you...
    let me know when you get yours done.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    "Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave; indigenous holocaust and the home of the slave." - Immortal Technique

    I don't support it because it's is downright racial profiling.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    "Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave; indigenous holocaust and the home of the slave." - Immortal Technique

    I don't support it because it's is downright racial profiling.
    +1 for the "Immortal Technique" lyrics!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    let me know when you get yours done.
    lol sorry not needed up here in the great white north..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    lol sorry not needed up here in the great white north..
    That is surprising seeing as how you are from the socialist hell hole that is Canada!!!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    That is surprising seeing as how you are from the socialist hell hole that is Canada!!!
    yup but my banks didnt need bailing out... lolol and the only real illegal aliens we have a problem with is them darn capitalist right wing nut jobs coming up here to hide their billions and trying to convert us to their system of belief, the almighty dollar. lol, oh and to take advantage of our universal health care.
    Last edited by xForsaken; 04/29/2010 at 04:29 AM.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Why do you have a problem with that? Would you be alarmed if an officer questioned an individual that he suspected was trying to break in to your home?

    This is our home. They are breaking in.
    probable cause for a potential intruder is a lot more clear than the probable cause for an illegal immigrant.


    How can you "suspect" someone of being an illegal immigrant without racially profiling? the only way thats possible is if you see them crossing the border, which is not a situation we need new laws for...
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    the only way thats possible is if you see them crossing the border, which is not a situation we need new laws for...
    No, you're wrong. There are other indicators besides skin color and catching them crossing the border.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Breaking into your home is a crime. Standing outside a 7/11 or walking down the street isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You seem to forget that they've entered the country illegally, which is a crime.
    no you're ASSUMING they entered the country illegally, then you're harassing them for identification, which is prejudice...
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    There are other indicators besides skin color and catching them crossing the border.
    Such as what, according to the legal definitions of probable cause outlined in this new law?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions