Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Every Country has a right to protect its borders. GO HOME!
    i would suggest, that part of your problem in Arizona as well as California etc etc is the so called Americans. Lets face it, these so called Americans are at fault, at least partly. They are the ones that are now being charged for hiring people off the street, in "labor markets" They are cheap, they work hard, they are cheap, they wont complain, they are cheap.. you get the picture. Seems kinda hypocritical to be complaining about illegal aliens in your country, state, county etc, when its Americans who hire them. Its Americans who waggle the carrot on the stick of good money. When in fact, what they want is cheap labor. At a cost far below min wage. I am not saying all Americans here, but many of those fine upstanding ones who are ranting and raving about this, endorsing the new law, are probably the same ones who paid some poor ******* pennies on the dollar to get work done on the cheap... just a thought.

By the way, as a good friend of mine put, Native Americans have been complaining about illegal aliens for hundreds of years, they would like nothing better then to see all those people who stole their land to head on back home... lolol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    maybe, because im not citizen on this country?
    If you are not legally in the U.S. then you are doing yourself and the legal immigrants and citizens of this country a disservice. Go though the efforts of becoming a legal member of U.S. society.

I don't care where you are from or what is your occupation, the only requirement is to enter the country legally.

P.S. I don't think immigration status has anything to do with employment. Employment opportunities and wages are strictly a supply and demand issue. If there were no illegal residents to do roofing work at $10/day (exaggeration) then the cost of roofing would rise until legal residents would be interested in doing the work. With a bunch of illegal residents willing to work for lower pay, legal residents will look for something that pays better.

My real issue here is illegal residents sucking up our tax dollars in services and taking a lot of the lower wage jobs that leaves legal residents out of work.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Illegals should be apprehended and deported. And dont give me those old arguments about I just wanna work hard to support my family and about Indians as the original settlers and about Americans wanting cheap labor. Who doesn't want cheap labor? What nation in the world thatt has no history of land dispute of some kind? Obey the law. Stand in line just like the rest of us who went here LEGALLY! Finally, study your own country's immigration law before you complain about the United States' own law.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    My real issue here is illegal residents sucking up our tax dollars in services and taking a lot of the lower wage jobs that leaves legal residents out of work.
    OK. Think this through. Let's say that those now considered illegal are deported. Gone. They wise up and figure out how to survive the length of time it takes to enter the country legally. So they now enter the US legally.

What changes about your grievances? Will they not continue to need assistance? Will they not continue to "leave (other) legal residents out of work"?

If not, what changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaster48 View Post
    OK. Think this through. Let's say that those now considered illegal are deported. Gone. They wise up and figure out how to survive the length of time it takes to enter the country legally. So they now enter the US legally.

What changes about your grievances? Will they not continue to need assistance? Will they not continue to "leave (other) legal residents out of work"?

If not, what changed?
    It's interesting being married to a permanent resident and experiencing the process of migrating here first hand. My in laws who followed the law and paid the money and had the patience to wait for a chance to become a citizen have a different mindset than those who just walk across the border. They never once asked for assistance, they just worked their a$$es off to make a better life here.
    I think the mindset of the illegal aliens is different and you are probably right some who come back will still need assistance, but I bet the majority will want to be here not coming here to get all of the free services. The ones looking for a free hand out will probably not take the time to fill out the proper documents.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaster48 View Post

If not, what changed?
    Whether different or not isn't the issue. The issue is ILLEGAL residents, just ILLEGAL residents, nothing else.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Whether different or not isn't the issue. The issue is ILLEGAL residents, just ILLEGAL residents, nothing else.
    That is AN issue; it is not THE issue. THE issue that brought this up is a racist bill that targets legal as well as illegal persons. Different issue, would you agree?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    My response was to mcmaster48.

Any resident of the U.S. has the right to fair treatment but only legal residents should be allowed services that tax the U.S. pocketbook. Illegal residents should be deported. Period.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    It's interesting being married to a permanent resident and experiencing the process of migrating here first hand. My in laws who followed the law and paid the money and had the patience to wait for a chance to become a citizen have a different mindset than those who just walk across the border. They never once asked for assistance, they just worked their a$$es off to make a better life here.
    I think the mindset of the illegal aliens is different and you are probably right some who come back will still need assistance, but I bet the majority will want to be here not coming here to get all of the free services. The ones looking for a free hand out will probably not take the time to fill out the proper documents.
    Those now considered illegal are a very poor population. What changes when they become legal? The poor who are in this country, but are not illegal immigrants, use whatever means they can obtain for shelter and food. How would the demographic of what are now Mexican illegals act any differently once legal?

Many who are currently illegal are already "working their a$$es off" to survive. Where will these new opportunities which hire minorities in large numbers at promising wages come from just because of their new-found legal status? Or will they continue to fill the menial labor demand that will continue to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee
    Your point is to just be rid of all those now considered illegal regardless of their legal status upon their return?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Well heck! So did the terrorists! They must not be so bad....
    WOW such logic. So I guess you are paying to kill our soldiers every time you fill up at the pump?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES IS ILLEGAL doesnt matter what race you are. black white,brown,yellow,blue,green.ect.ect
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES IS ILLEGAL doesnt matter what race you are. black white,brown,yellow,blue,green.ect.ect
    I'm not.

(if you don't get the reference, I feel very sorry for you )
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    there's a lot about the law that i agree with: it should be illegal to knowingly solicit illegal immigrants for work, or to hire illegal immigrants, etc.

the problem with the bill is that I basically allows officers to request proof of legal residency if is "reasonable suspicion exists" that someone may be an illegal alien.

how will this be enforced? If you look hispanic, have your papers with you. Meanwhile, a white illegal immigrant would have nothing to worry about.

"A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES"

such offenses include entering the country illegally. again what counts as probable cause? This will amount to nothing more than, "your under arrest because your thick accent gives me the impression that you don't belong here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    there's a lot about the law that i agree with: it should be illegal to knowingly solicit illegal immigrants for work, or to hire illegal immigrants, etc.

the problem with the bill is that I basically allows officers to request proof of legal residency if is "reasonable suspicion exists" that someone may be an illegal alien.

how will this be enforced? If you look hispanic, have your papers with you. Meanwhile, a white illegal immigrant would have nothing to worry about.

"A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES"

such offenses include entering the country illegally. again what counts as probable cause? This will amount to nothing more than, "your under arrest because your thick accent gives me the impression that you don't belong here"
    As it stands, the only grounds that anyone has located about the wisdom required to foresee the criminal element within illegal immigrants is that they are poor and appear that way. From a historical perspective, Sound familiar?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Why do you have a problem with that? Would you be alarmed if an officer questioned an individual that he suspected was trying to break in to your home?

This is our home. They are breaking in.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Why do you have a problem with that? Would you be alarmed if an officer questioned an individual that he suspected was trying to break in to your home?

thats a bit of a reach,, but to be fair not that much,,, decent comparison
    the problem with that little law is its to subjective, too open to interpertation. I really wanna see some of the people on this board, or say the govenor of that fine state pulled over, and arrested because he has no proof of birth.lolo
    how about this,, your white, your in a black neighborhood, and a cop stops you,, based on your not in the right place or,, you dont look like a local.. lolol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.

Breaking into your home is a crime. Standing outside a 7/11 or walking down the street isn't.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Breaking into your home is a crime. Standing outside a 7/11 or walking down the street isn't.
    You seem to forget that they've entered the country illegally, which is a crime.