Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    You use the words "proper channels" like they were passed down from heaven. You were forced the jump through the absurd redundant confiscatory system that is immigration in our country. To call it "proper" is a bit of an overstatement.
    Legal channels then...

Absurd they may be, but it is the law of the land.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Not shame on them... MASSIVE FINES on them
    Massive fines on people with dog avatars!...
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Legal channels then...

Absurd they may be, but it is the law of the land.
    Laws are just words on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Good for you. Since you're a citizen, how would you like to be stopped and questioned simply because of the color of your skin? People seem to be confusing the appropriate desire for doing something about illegal immigration with this law, which by definition targets citizens and illegals alike.
    I don't mind if this keeps the illegals out. I get the same treatment at the airports also, because of my original passport i get picked for enhanced screening do i blame the TSA(Transport Security Administration) for doing their job? the answer is NO. It was due to the fact the country I'm from was and is still on the list.

The fact of the matter is that USA didn't take care of this problem earlier and now it has went from bad to worse.. cross borders killings, kidnapping etc. etc. and now states are taking it in their own hands to fix the problem. Now if you have some other brilliant way to resolve this issue... please feel free to elaborate 'em...Amnesty maybe? what kind of message would that send to people who have been going thru the rite channels paying huge sums of money??? break the law and u will be rewarded???
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I don't mind if this keeps the illegals out. I get the same treatment at the airports also, because of my original passport i get picked for enhanced screening do i blame the TSA(Transport Security Administration) for doing their job? the answer is NO. It was due to the fact the country I'm from was and is still on the list.

The fact of the matter is that USA didn't take care of this problem earlier and now it has went from bad to worse.. cross borders killings, kidnapping etc. etc. and now states are taking it in their own hands to fix the problem. Now if you have some other brilliant way to resolve this issue... please feel free to elaborate 'em...Amnesty maybe? what kind of message would that send to people who have been going thru the rite channels paying huge sums of money??? break the law and u will be rewarded???
    If you break dumb laws you should be rewarded.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    If you're here legally, then I commend you. If you're here illegally, Then your job should go to someone who is here legally or a citizen. If your employer hires illegals, shame on them.
    i dont think someone legally in this country could get on the roof of some house with the 3 floors of high to change the roof!
    If you break dumb laws you should be rewarded.
    Why can't you grasp that we have laws that we must follow? Is it that hard of a concept to understand?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Here's a start, after a 10 second search:

Apparently, in America 2010, speaking with an accent = "dirt-bag, illegal immigrant".
    My personal opinion on that post was this:

It has nothing to do with race. Hygiene perhaps, but more than likely he's revering to the fact that being an illegal alien is being a criminal. It's against the law. While I personally don't often use the term 'dirt-bag' for a criminal - I might, and I've heard it used often by others.

As for accent, again that's not a race issue, but a language issue. Personally, I'm ok with accents. Especially with someone that's just recently arrived. That comment is a bit closed minded, in my view, but not racist.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i dont think someone legally in this country could get on the roof of some house with the 3 floors to change the roof!
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Why can't you grasp that we have laws that we must follow? Is it that hard of a concept to understand?
    Some laws, sure. Murder, rape, stealing. Going across an imaginary line without the proper papers ranks up there with speeding on my give a **** list.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Good for you. Since you're a citizen, how would you like to be stopped and questioned simply because of the color of your skin? People seem to be confusing the appropriate desire for doing something about illegal immigration with this law, which by definition targets citizens and illegals alike.
    No....I'm not confusing the issue at all, you and others simply disagree with the other position. As I stated yesterday....if there is a serial killer running around who is a white male, middle 40s, dark hair, and slim....guess what?.....I might...and likely should get stopped. Would it be annoying? You bet....but if I'm innocent and cooperate it shouldn't be that big of a deal. If that makes me a racist, then so be it. Now....if law enforcement starts to break down the doors of everyone, and they don't look like the person in question, then I would say they have crossed the line.

Just like if a guy who appears to be from the Middle East is getting on a plane, I don't care if that person gets questioned.....I really don't. Is there a case to be made that certain people from the Middle East want to blow up planes and kill innocent people? I think so. It's a shame that the actions of a few have caused us to react in this manner....but....I believe that would save lives. Would you have been bummed if law enforcement had stopped the 911 bombers and questioned them and discovered they were planning something big? It sounds like crime is getting so bad in certain states that some innocent people might have to be questioned. Yes it sucks, for sure, but that is what happens when laws are continually broken by certain groups. If I was here illegally, and I knew there was a strong chance that I might get approached by law enforcement....I just might decide it's not worth it to stay here. If you are here legally, then hey, you should be just fine.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    NathanS. You're confusing me. On one hand you want to go after companies and enforce laws. On the other hand you don't want to also enforce laws against the illegal aliens? We can pick and choose?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Some laws, sure. Murder, rape, stealing. Going across an imaginary line without the proper papers ranks up there with speeding on my give a **** list.
    It doesn't matter how important you think they are. They still exist and are enforced. Ignoring laws doesn't make them go away lol
    i dont think someone legally in this country could get on the roof of some house with the 3 floors of high to change the roof!
    Okay....totally lost on this comment....please translate.

Are you saying....that if a group of people were working on putting a roof on a house (maybe that was 3 stories high?), that only people in this country legally could get on top of that roof? That would be the case if the employer did his or her job...but...what if they didn't do their job or what if there is false information given? I honestly don't even know if false info can be given. But I would think both legal and illegals could potentially get on the roof.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King

'"How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

We should never forget that everything Adolf ****** did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a *** (Jewish Person) in ******'s Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers.'

The word criminal is often far more subjective than it is objective, especially when we're dealing with race. Racist "laws" are still on the books, and they should be broken.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Okay....totally lost on this comment....please translate.

Are you saying....that if a group of people were working on putting a roof on a house (maybe that was 3 stories high?), that only people in this country legally could get on top of that roof? That would be the case if the employer did his or her job...but...what if they didn't do their job or what if there is false information given? I honestly don't even know if false info can be given. But I would think both legal and illegals could potentially get on the roof.
    yeap, sorry for my english sometimes my grammer is not that good , what im trying to say if someone is illegal in this country do any kind of job from changing the roof or cutting the lawn... so the legal people dont do that because they can have better jobs and studies !!!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW View Post
    Anyone else find the grammar fail in the OP to be ironic...?
    He's from another country, RPFTW. Cut some slack, eh?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW View Post
    Anyone else find the grammar fail in the OP to be ironic...?
    maybe, because im not citizen on this country?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    yeap, sorry for my english sometimes my grammer is not that good , what im trying to say if someone is illegal in this country do any kind of job from changing the roof or cutting the lawn... so the legal people dont do that because they can have better jobs and studies !!!
    I'm sorry, I don't buy this argument that's often used that illegal aliens are simply fulfilling jobs that American's don't want to do. First of all, thats just plain false. It's about the wage, not the job. It is true that the illegal workforce has driven the wages down to a level that makes those jobs unattractive to those of us that have to pay taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't buy this argument that's often used that illegal aliens are simply fulfilling jobs that American's don't want to do. First of all, thats just plain false. It's about the wage, not the job. It is true that the illegal workforce has driven the wages down to a level that makes those jobs unattractive to those of us that have to pay taxes.
    Where do most people get the idea that illegals don't pay taxes?? Like I have stated before, my wife is here illegally (brought as a child), and she sent out a $2,500.00 check to uncle sam this month.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast