Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    the ones who cut the most corners...
    code for law breakers?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    great example. Honestly, i'd have my suspicions. But I feel like if the same thing was going on in a van in full of white people, cops would see it as a family camping trip. "remember your licence next time sir".

I just don't see AZ law enforcement enforcing this law in a way that treat all people as equal. Their actions historically leave me no reason to believe that this law will improve anything with regards to how Hispanics are racially profiled; in fact i'm sure it'll only make the situation worse.

If having sleeping bag and food in your van is reason to suspect someone is an illegal immigrant, then it needs to be in writing and the everyone, regardless of of their race should be a considered a suspect in that situation. Its safe to say this wouldn't be the case.

Immigration reform should be focused on preventing people from crossing the border and clamping down on businesses who support illegal immigrants. The bill includes sections that will do just that. But its also essentially making it legal to "pat down" everyone who looks like they're hispanic
    a fair response. but now that's add the fact that illegal immigrant crime is at an all time high in the area. People are getting killed, property stolen and destroyed; and the federal goverment isn't doing a thing to step up resources and activities to a) stem the flow, and/or b) go after the businesses that hire illegals in the first place and enforce current law to the letter with them (I'm personally really tired that this is being overlooked by the feds).

Do you not see the pressure that's been mounting on the legislature in Arizona to do something? They were elected to enact and enforce laws that protect their citizens.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    code for law breakers?
    yup. a lot of the time.

With reference to capitalism, i was more or less referring to the Major Corporations who net billions of dollars a year while their white collar crimes and corner cutting goes virtually unpunished. I'm willing to argue that white collar crime and greed is more detrimental to American tax payers than illegal immigrants are.

Alas, I'm not sure how this related to the discussion other than explaining why businesses choose to hire illegal immigrants. It isn't right and should be stopped. But this bill crosses the line IMO
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 04/29/2010 at 04:25 PM.
    a fair response. but now that's add the fact that illegal immigrant crime is at an all time high in the area. People are getting killed, property stolen and destroyed; and the federal goverment isn't doing a thing to step up resources and activities to a) stem the flow, and/or b) go after the businesses that hire illegals in the first place and enforce current law to the letter with them (I'm personally really tired that this is being overlooked by the feds).

Do you not see the pressure that's been mounting on the legislature in Arizona to do something? They were elected to enact and enforce laws that protect their citizens.
    I certainly agree something needs to be done. And like I've said before, I think the bill made a few steps in the right direction... but it also took a few unacceptable steps back. Residents shouldn't be forced to show proof of residency unless there is EVIDENCE that they don't belong, not because some officer wants to draw conclusions about brown man and his family
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 04/29/2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Who are you quoting?
    Myself...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    yup. a lot of the time.

With reference to capitalism, i was more or less referring to the Major Corporations who net billions of dollars a year while their white collar crimes and corner cutting goes virtually unpunished. I'm willing to argue that white collar crime and greed is more detrimental to American tax payers than illegal immigrants are.

Alas, I'm not sure how this related to the discussion other than explaining why businesses choose to hire illegal immigrants. It isn't right and should be stopped. But this bill crosses the line IMO
    You've made that clear. But you have to agree, at the very least, this bill is a cry for help.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Myself...
    Can I quote you on that?
    Can I quote you on that?
    Yes you may!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    ok, I'm sorry Ken, but this seems to indicate that you haven't read the law.
    Then how, in this law, is citizenship supposed to be determined? A state DL is not valid. So how else is it to be determined?

- H.L. Mencken
    Then how, in this law, is citizenship supposed to be determined? A state DL is not valid. So how else is it to be determined?
    Without probable cause. That's how. AZ is completely thumbing its nose at the 4th Amendment and due process with this law as it's written.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaster48 View Post
    Without probable cause. That's how. AZ is completely thumbing its nose at the 4th Amendment and due process with this law as it's written.
    I think the true fear that is the root of this law is that Arizona is close to becoming a "minority majority."

- H.L. Mencken
    great example. Honestly, i'd have my suspicions. But I feel like if the same thing was going on in a van in full of white people, cops would see it as a family camping trip. "remember your licence next time sir".
    like anyone would mistake this as people going on a camping trip.

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    like anyone would mistake this as people going on a camping trip.

Latino families don't go camping?

- H.L. Mencken
    Latino families don't go camping?
    yup, this is certainly typical, .... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Well, what i see is the racism is everywhere also in the forums , where you are suppose to talk about technology and stuff .. there is people jumping over the illegals or supporting laws where the racism is inminent.
    Im from Ecuador south America living like for 10 years on this country, paying my taxes, working and taking online classes to be better in this life and i should be called "criminal"?
    Hello, I am from Ecuador too.

My advice is :

Learn the culture where are you living.

Show them yours as well, pictures videos like this one of our Galápagos Islands.

Always be happy and positive and helpful.

Improve your English.

It applies for any country one is living in.

My best wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post

My advice is :

Show them yours as well, pictures videos like this one of our Galápagos Islands.

Improve your English.

My best wishes.
    That is great advice for anyone, thanks.

You just need to be careful where you live....and visit. Sometimes "happy, positive and helpful" is met with blind hatred and racism.
  17.    #217  

My advice is :

[url= - THE MYSTERIOUS ISLANDS GALAPAGOS ECUADOR[/url]

Improve your English.

My best wishes.
    thanks for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    That is great advice for anyone, thanks.

You just need to be careful where you live....and visit. Sometimes "happy, positive and helpful" is met with blind hatred and racism.

Then
    Avoid to visit sub urbans neighbors hoods, in any country, where could be living dangerous people, avoid bad places discos , bars, places where drugs could be sell.
    Then
    Avoid to visit sub urbans neighbors hoods, in any country, where could be living dangerous people, avoid bad places discos , bars, places where drugs could be sell.
    What if are visiting this country for its "...dangerous people, ...bad places discos , bars, places where drugs could be sell?"

Sometimes, that is where the fun is!!!

- H.L. Mencken
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011