Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 326
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    If being proud to be an American makes me a racist then I guess I am a racist some might call that being "Patriotic"
    No, it's being white, right wing, and proud to be an American that makes you a racist.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Tha's easy. All Canadian behaviors are illegal, or should be!
    Ahh, but their bacon sure is yummy!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, it's being white, right wing, and proud to be an American that makes you a racist.
    No, but if you think that only being white and right-wing makes you a "true American", that might make someone a racist.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Tha's easy. All Canadian behaviors are illegal, or should be!
    I'm praying tha you were trying to be funny (yeah you failed).
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I'm praying tha you were trying to be funny (yeah you failed).
    Deep breath...it was clearly a joke, based upon my prior post. I, for one, was amused.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I'm praying tha you were trying to be funny (yeah you failed).
    damn.... (back to drawing board)
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    damn.... (back to drawing board)
    Don't worry, practice makes perfect.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    that is what I keep saying! If the law simply said "all people stopped by police will be required to show papers" then that would make it a fair law.
    Equality costs dollars. Since fairness means that many more man-hours will be involved in collecting and verifying citizenship data, this law seems to be attempting to exact "justice" on the cheap. Who is willing to spend the money? Just as importantly, who is not willing to spend the money to treat everyone equally?

    Who drove this bill?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaster48 View Post
    Equality costs dollars. Since fairness means that many more man-hours will be involved in collecting and verifying citizenship data, this law seems to be attempting to exact "justice" on the cheap. Who is willing to spend the money? Just as importantly, who is not willing to spend the money to treat everyone equally?

    Who drove this bill?
    The same group these very people would vote out if they had the right to vote.

    Gee. Maybe this is all coming about to ship the illegals out before the threat of possible amnesty and voting rights are given to them...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    The same group these very people would vote out if they had the right to vote.

    Gee. Maybe this is all coming about to ship the illegals out before the threat of possible amnesty and voting rights are given to them...
    Why in the heck would anyone in their right mind do either?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11. #71  
    This is an interesting article. Kind of interesting to compare the laws Mexico has regarding illegal immigrants....

    Michelle Malkin : How Mexico Treats Illegal Aliens - Townhall.com
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    This is an interesting article. Kind of interesting to compare the laws Mexico has regarding illegal immigrants....

    [url= Malkin : How Mexico Treats Illegal Aliens - Townhall.com[/url]
    and we should go down to their level because.............???
  13. #73  
    Who said anything about going down to their level?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  14. #74  
    Wasnt This Country Founded By Immigrants? Now We Are Anti-Immigration.
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Wasnt This Country Founded By Immigrants? Now We Are Anti-Immigration.
    No, I think you missed the point. It's about illegal entry into the country, not immigration. If anything, we need more legal immigrants. They're what made this country what it is.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, I think you missed the point. It's about illegal entry into the country, not immigration. If anything, we need more legal immigrants. They're what made this country what it is.
    Actually, the founders were "illegal" in the sense that they revolted. They committed treason.

    The equivalent would be if "illegal" immigrants started a war to overthrow the President, Congress, etc. When you look at it like that, it seems to trivialize the crime of "just being here without proper papers." It's not like the "illegals" are taking up arms.

    Make no mistake: the "founding fathers" were law-breakers.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, I think you missed the point. It's about illegal entry into the country, not immigration. If anything, we need more legal immigrants. They're what made this country what it is.
    Really? I'm not so sure of that. I'm willing to bet that supporters of this law will just love this AZ gubernatorial candidate:

    Alabama Candidate Runs 'English Only' Ad - 'We speak English. If you live here, learn it.'

    It's hard for me to buy the argument that the immigration law isn't about an undercurrent of issues around race or ethnicity.
    Last edited by Bujin; 04/28/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  18. rjwerth's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    Wasnt This Country Founded By Immigrants? Now We Are Anti-Immigration.
    I'm so tired of these types of comments. MOST Americans are NOT ANTI-IMMIGRATION. MOST are ANTI-ILLEGAL immigration.

    Now, I'm hoping people in here are discussing and debating not just for fun and giggles, but to actually LEARN something. SO, since no one as quoted, cited, or even pointed to the ACTUAL BILL, here is the quick and dirty version directly from the AZ website: Format Document

    If you want all the gory details, just do a search for SB1070 in the search bar on that page.

    But, please note the following on the link above:

    Specifies that a person is presumed to be lawfully present if the person provides any of the following:

    A valid Arizona driver license.

    A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.

    A tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification.

    A valid federal, state or local government issued identification.
    So, if you are indeed thought to be illegal, all you need to show is your Arizona DL and you are good to go. No need for "papers" if you are a citizen. So let's just drop that SNL phrase now, ok? You can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that even legal, non-resident workers have a simple card (green or whatever) that proves their status.

    I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been asked for my ID on more than one occasion and I'm as white as white can be..though I am 1/16 native (so get off my land!).
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, I think you missed the point. It's about illegal entry into the country, not immigration. If anything, we need more legal immigrants. They're what made this country what it is.
    There Was Nothing Legal About The Founding Of This Country. But I Guess Thats Ok Becuz The People We Killed Off To Get This Land Really Didnt Matter To The World. Dont Get Me Wrong, I Support The Idea Of Gettin Rid Of The ILLEGALS In This Country. Im Just Hoping This Doesnt Turn Into Another Race War Or The Abuse Of Racial Profiling.
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Really? I'm not so sure of that. I'm willing to bet that supporters of this law will just love this AZ gubernatorial candidate:

    Alabama Candidate Runs 'English Only' Ad - 'We speak English. If you live here, learn it.'

    It's hard for me to buy the argument that the immigration law isn't about an undercurrent of issues around race or ethnicity.
    Again, Bujin.... language is not race. In fact, my race has nothing to do whatsoever with the language I speak. Additionally, it has absolutely nothing to do with illegal immigration.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions