Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    So you support the bill; that's just fine. I"ll support any effort to boycott having conferences in Arizona until it's found to be unconstitutional. And luckily, it just so happens I'm on the planning committee for some large meetings.
    Seems Arizona learned nothing from the millions of dollars they lost by refusing to recognize Martin Luther King day. So be it.

Best wishes....
    I'm not saying that there aren't racists in Arizona. But this isn't a race issue. It's an illegal immigration problem.

But you knew this. You're using racism as a wedge issue.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    The Constitution applies only to CITIZENS
    Ooooo. Thanks for the civics lesson. What about the citizens who get stopped and frisked because of the new law? Do they count, or are they excluded because they're brown-skinned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm not saying that there aren't racists in Arizona. But this isn't a race issue. It's an illegal immigration problem.

But you knew this. You're using racism as a wedge issue.

As I said, when you can show me that brown-skinned citizens of the US will not be treated differently than white-skinned citizens, I might think it's a reasonable thing. But you can't tell me that, can you? If you were Hispanic, do you think you might be just a little paranoid in Arizona after the law? (As if you weren't before the law).
    Ooooo. Thanks for the civics lesson. What about the citizens who get stopped and frisked because of the new law? Do they count, or are they excluded because they're brown-skinned?
    Asking for proper identification is being "frisked"?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    As I said, when you can show me that brown-skinned citizens of the US will not be treated differently than white-skinned citizens, I might think it's a reasonable thing. But you can't tell me that, can you? If you were Hispanic, do you think you might be just a little paranoid in Arizona after the law? (As if you weren't before the law).
    Let's turn that around - when you can show that asking for identification from someone who has broken the law is a racist act, I'll agree that we'll need to revisit that law and rewrite it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    What's the percentage of illegal immigrants in AZ that are Hispanic? I'm sure it's close to 90%. So if I was an illegal immigrant that was Hispanic I'd be paranoid too.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    If you were Hispanic, do you think you might be just a little paranoid in Arizona after the law? (As if you weren't before the law).
    No. This isn't a new law. It's already a federal law. As you already know, Arizona has added this law because the Feds aren't enforcing their own laws. Arizona does not have jurisdiction to enforce Fed law, so it's a dupe law - not new.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Illegal = breaking the law = criminal
    sweaner = lucky parents happened to be US citizens!
    By the way, this law wouldn't be that bad if it required EVERYONE (no exceptions) to provide proof of legal status when stopped by police......but then that law would have never passed.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    By the way, this law wouldn't be that bad if it required EVERYONE (no exceptions) to provide proof of legal status when stopped by police......but then that law would have never passed.
    Can you provide evidence that police are stopping people for breaking the law and then not requiring that person provide identification?
    Can you provide evidence that police are stopping people for breaking the law and then not require that person to provide identification?
    There is a difference between providing identification and providing proof of citizenship.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    The Constitution applies only to CITIZENS
    That's not actually true. The law has, time and time again, been defined that anyone in the US falls under the protection of the Constitution. That's why you give due process to criminals who are not citizens.

This may help you.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Gay people seem to be proud of being gay. Were are the Straight Pride parades or meetings?
    This one is easy: because gay people are beaten, killed, denied entry into schools, denied work, denied marriage simply because they are gay.

The reason for "gay pride" is because, when your people are discriminated against... or murdered... for simply being attracted to members of the same sex, it's important to have pride.

Straight pride meetings? They exist. I see them all of the time.

For example, go to a wedding and listen to the ceremony. That's straight pride!

For example, go to one of these military funerals with "God hates f*gs" protesters... that's straight pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    What's the percentage of illegal immigrants in AZ that are Hispanic? I'm sure it's close to 90%. So if I was an illegal immigrant that was Hispanic I'd be paranoid too.
    The vastly more important question is "what percentage of LEGAL immigrants and citizens of AZ are also Hispanic"?** They are the ones who are rightfully worried, as they (and not their white counterparts) will have to show their papers.

** The answer is 30%, by the way.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The vastly more important question is "what percentage of LEGAL immigrants and citizens of AZ are also Hispanic"?** They are the ones who are rightfully worried, as they (and not their white counterparts) will have to show their papers.

** The answer is 30%, by the way.
    where do you get that whites don't have to show thier id's?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW View Post
    Some of our readers can't watch youtube at work. Recap?
    So hold on people are up in arms about a state wanting to enforce the law?

I don't think there is anything wrong with someone having USA pride considering people from other countries exercise their pride all the time.

I think its interesting how people want to come to this country because of the freedom or work, but don't want to adapt or adhere to the rules. If you are illegal do what you need to, to become legal. Get started on it reasonably sooner than later. From what I have heard Mexican's aren't the only ethnicity that has illegal people in our country.

I don't know the process it in becoming a citizen, but I doubt they are sending everyone back to mexico that apply for it? I could be wrong though..

I have no problem with people coming into better their lives for themselves and their family, but that doesn't mean you get to do as you please. Every country has rules from what I understand. If you can't adapt you will not learn the language and never get the education you need to better yourself so ....
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    That's not actually true. The law has, time and time again, been defined that anyone in the US falls under the protection of the Constitution. That's why you give due process to criminals who are not citizens.

This may help you.
    Great article! Btw, the Constitution doesn't contain the words "due process" or "criminals".
    That said, the focus needs to be on those that hire these people. Enforce the laws that require businesses to hire legal aliens, or with work permits, and the illegals numbers will be significantly reduced.
    100% right
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    where do you get that whites don't have to show thier id's?

Not ID's. Papers. And would you like to bet that the percentage of whites asked for their papers will be significantly less than the percentage of whites in Arizona?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast