Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    If you have transportation, consider a trip to Fort Worth, only 30 miles or so west. Dallas is BIG CITY, Fort Worth is COWTOWN--stockyards are very intersting. Lived in Fort Worth as a child while Dad attended seminary at Southwestern. VERY hot, NO humidity.
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Strictly PG.
    boooooooo

If you do decide to go somewhere worse than PG , avoid Arlington. We have overly-moralist laws (like having to literally throw your money to strippers 10 feet away due to a chain barrier). Ugh.
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    There is plenty to do in Dallas, Arlington, and Ft Worth
    PG might be hard since Dallas is in the "Top 5 Adult Entertainment Cities"... There's literally a strip with several establishments in a row. lol.

Seriously though, downtown Dallas is interesting, Historic district is cool pass through. There's a cool revolving restaurant with OK food and a kick-azz view who's name escapes me in downtown. Uncle Julio's has really good TexMex and one of the best 12oz steaks I've ever had was at a place called "Texas Cattlemans" or something close to that. (Sorry I don't remember streets (maybe around Turtle Creek?)

'Course it was 115 degrees when I was there so sight seeing was the last thing on my mind! (Oh and be sure you eat and everything before 10:30p because everything starts shutting down and it's a ghost town by 11pm.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    ...'Course it was 115 degrees when I was there so sight seeing was the last thing on my mind! (Oh and be sure you eat and everything before 10:30p because everything starts shutting down and it's a ghost town by 11pm.)
    Want to live forever ??

Move to Dallas --- it sure will seem like forever ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 05/04/2010 at 05:02 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    PG might be hard since Dallas is in the "Top 5 Adult Entertainment Cities"... ........
    And the other 4 are......... ?

(I of course have my suspicions, i just wanna know if they're "official".
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/04/2010 at 05:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Next week will be my first time in Dallas. I have a business trip scheduled from Sunday to Thursday, and I need to find something to do. Strictly PG.

Any thoughts?
    We'll expect a full report on your trip, here, on Friday.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    We'll expect a full report on your trip, here, on Friday.
    (bump)

*ahem*
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9.    #29  
    LOL - Alrighty then, fine.

Stayed at the Gaylord Texan. Very, very nice Hotel.

Was very busy with meetings for most of the time, so I really didn't have as much time as I thought. I went to Grapevine, old cotton town, was pretty nice. Also went to the Brooklyn Jazz Cafe and can honestly say this was a highlight of the trip.

Like I said, though, I had very little time for anything. Will have to go back to just have fun. Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas on what to do.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Any comments on the cuisine? Did you get a chance to load up on some Tex-Mex?
  11.    #31  
    Had Texas style Brisket for the first time. Had the best Salmon of my life too. My company paid for the eats at the hotel, so I didn't leave much for food.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12