1.    #1  
    Iím tired of it. Tired of hearing about Appleís products and their next great device. It seems like every time Apple comes out with a new product, people flock to it like flies on ****, regardless of that productís initial shortcomings.

There is no doubt that they make good products, but itís third party developers were their ďadd-onsĒ that transform that product into a great device.

Iíll be getting a new phone May 1st, but am not even considering an iPhone. I donít want to be another sheep following the heard. I want to be different. I donít want everybody and their mother with the same phone as me.

I want a Palm WebOS device. Long live Palm!

Sorry, donít mean to clog the forum with another post, just needed to vent.
    +1

I mean
    To each their own, but... it's the herd of sheep. This world is full of it. Everyone does what they see/hear/told to do

Enjoy life not being a sheep lol

Never supported an apple product, never will
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I own a Power Mac, Macbook and a Palm pre. I used to follow every move at Apple, but since the release of the Palm pre and webOS I see things in a different light. Anyways, you do realize that your phone would not be what it is if not for all the renegade Apple engineers at Palm, right?!
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Well there is actually a growing number of people who feel the same why you do.

Apple is a fad, a large one, but they all go away eventually. However fads always seem to go away faster as they become more common, everyone knows Apple, and it almost seems like that's what everyone has, and the trend setters realize this and quickly jump to something else. I don't think we'll have to put up with them for too much longer.
    +1
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I own a Power Mac, Macbook and a Palm pre. I used to follow every move at Apple, but since the release of the Palm pre and webOS I see things in a different light. Anyways, you do realize that your phone would not be what it is if not for all the renegade Apple engineers at Palm, right?!
    A bit more on that "light" you mentioned.... why *not* an iphone?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I think of Apple as a more of a lifestyle, than a fad. However, for the majority, it is a fad. Let me explain.

I would have an iPhone right now if it wasn't for the fact I already have and iPod touch. So why is it that I would want an iPhone? It syncs perfectly in every way with the computer that I use most, my Mac Mini. That is HUGE. I have a giant music library and I'm a photographer, so it's even more nice when I'm working on some photos I want to show off, just click a couple of times and keep working on what I was doing.

I am not a f a n b o y, I am computer geek. Underneath my Mac in my beast of PC built from the ground up just over a year old now. I use it daily as well, though considering the amount of power it draws idling vs my Mac, I use it much less.

I suppose to reason behind my post was to say that not all people are sheep. I stand alone, I do not follow. For me, I enjoy using my Mac more, if I could afford another I would get one. It has nothing to do with trance Jobs places on some people at his Keynote speeches.

And to conclude, WebOS is a much better OS than Apple has to offer on it's iPod or iPhone, imho. Like many have mentioned before, I would be interested in a WebOS tablet, however the price tag would be more than I would ever be willing to pay for a handicapped laptop.
    Last edited by squeezy; 04/26/2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention how much I love WebOS
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    why do you find the need to vent on these forum? I don't care that your a Palm F a n b o y. Apple products are good and people like them and want them, Palm might not be around long now..what then will you do?
    Move to Android?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    A bit more on that "light" you mentioned.... why *not* an iphone?
    Initially because it didn't have a keyboard. Then when I saw the webOS demo at last years CES I was amazed to the point that I totally lost all interest in the iPhone. Knowing that ex-Apple guys are working on our stuff is cool, though. I see it throughout the product's hardware design and software as well as the packaging. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next. That is, if they don't go down like a sinking ship first
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Steve Jobs email generator

One of the funniest most brilliant things I've seen in a long time -- (so funny I wish I wrote it !!) Too bad I can't seem to insert it fully here.

The Joy of Tech comic... Steve Jobs Email Reply Generator.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    they make good products.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah my next device will be Android or WebOS.

Also, I was very anti-apple. Nowadays, I do consider some of their products to be pretty good.
    Macbook Pro? Not bad...
    Iphone? Not bad...

Ipad? Why would you buy this?

I saw it on Craig Ferguson the other day. The thing gets so much press that people do not even realize that there are things out there that are SOO much better, you know.. tablets that can multitask.

And nowadays Android phones are owning Iphones...
    HTC Evo, Incredible, etc.
    If I was on AT&T, I'd get the Samsung Galaxy S over the Iphone. That screen is SICK.
    I guess a reason for me to consider getting an iPod touch or even an iPhone is the growing frustration with apps. I know, I know, it`s been talked about often and plenty and yes, we do get decent apps on webOS, but it just gets annoying beyond belief to find an app I not only want but need, only to then find out that it's only being offered for iPhone & Co. So far that hasn't caused me to leave my Pre behind, because I love it way too much. But it has made me consider getting at least an iPod touch. Not because I like to follow the heard, but because I have certain app needs that can't be met any other way.
    Wow you need an app THAT badly to consider an ipod touch? I would never go back to apple. I had an iphone and sold that *****. I wouldnt go apple again if they paid me to go back. Highly overrated and overly expensive products.
    [QUOTE=squeezy;2405850]I think of Apple as a more of a lifestyle, than a fad. However, for the majority, it is a fad. Let me explain.

I bet you own a Harley Davidson also!