Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am curious, how many college students are there on precentral? I myself am a full time college student.
    My major is Political Science. What are all of yours?
    For those of you that aren't currently students, but did go to college, what did you major in, and what are you doing now?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    I went to college a number of times.

Changed my major from computer engineering to business management, then started focusing on salesmanship and linux security, then figured I'd finally pick between programming or security... but then I've gotten sidetracked on other things, like politics, legalities -vs- lawfulness, the awesomeness that is motorized bicycles, mating with females, designing my own operating system, etcetera.

Think I'm gonna start a business pretty soon, but I'm not sure just which idea to run with first.

I really wish I'd gotten my associates degree for network security, tho. I'd at least have a fallback, and I'd probly be making $20/hr by now.
    I am a full-time college student.
    I am on my way to being a RN.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I'll be a college student next year I'm heading into Computer Engineering
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    im in my 2nd year masters doing aerospace engineering, at the university of manchester, england
    I went to Rensselaer Polytech about a hundred years ago, majoring in Biology, and the UConn for an MS. In Neurobiology.

I then became a science teacher, and eventually a principal, & am currently an assistant superintendent of schools.
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Was halfway through a BS in aerospace but never finished.
    This week is my final week of school will be getting AAS in Engineering Drafting/Design Technology.
    Went to Oklahoma State University in 2001-2006 and majored in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in robotics/communication and controls and such.

Moved to work for a semiconductor manufacturing plant for about three years before getting outsourced to singapore. Now I am currently working for a government contracted defense company writing Access databases and any other reporting tools for a division within the company.

All this while unemployment rate was through the roof, luckily gota new job just in time for the old one to fall. But everthing worked out for the better.

Life moves fast, Don't miss a thing!
    Drexel University... Comp Sci.

Currently doing DBA work... and own several other business... in tuff times you have to work harder/longer to climb up.. spend less then you make and save what you can find a good deal and jump on it... Polital Sci ? plan on law school after?
    I am currently at University studying for speciality Artificial Intelligence
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Drexel University... Comp Sci.

Currently doing DBA work... and own several other business... in tuff times you have to work harder/longer to climb up.. spend less then you make and save what you can find a good deal and jump on it... Polital Sci ? plan on law school after?
    I majored in comp sci my first year of college! I thought of law school, but to be honest that's just not for me...so I'm actually going into Law enforcement, crime analysis specifically. I'm excited to get out of college and get started!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    I am currently at University studying for speciality Artificial Intelligence
    That sounds worthwhile.

Reminds me of Jeff Hawkins' "other invention", Numenta. I wonder if anybody here has actually read his book, On Intelligence. . . .
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I'll be graduating with a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Tennessee next year.

Nerds FTW!
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    BA, MS Edu. History major, Psychology minor. Would loved to have become a doctor, lawyer or Indian Chief, but I did maximized the limited potential that God gave me
    USAF pilot
    Airline pilot,retired.
    College of William and Mary, BS in Geology. Virginia Tech, Geophysics. Now work in the Oil field service industry as a geophysicist.
    started a major in english lit, with a minor in physics.. quit, went skiing for 4 years lol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    I majored in comp sci my first year of college! I thought of law school, but to be honest that's just not for me...so I'm actually going into Law enforcement, crime analysis specifically. I'm excited to get out of college and get started!
    Ever think about Pen testing? (Penatration Testing) in the Computer Field.. that encompasses everything from data recovery to full blown trying to hack systems? obviously with companies permission. That with law enforcement could make you a better hire.. as most law enforcement that i know now are on hiring freezes... and LONG wait lines..
    Comp Sci major, graduated in 2002. I'm now a Systems Engineer
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I got a BS in health science from GVSU, and I'm currently attending Palmer college of chiropractic in Fl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast