1.    #1  
    Security Brief: Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park'

So Muhammad was depicted in a team mascots bear uniform, and hidden behind many black CENSOR bars, and these radicals are making death threats.

What happened in 2001 when they shown an actual artists depiction of Muhammad?

Nothing.

It is one thing to have a strong belief system put in place with your religion, but join the 21st century along with the rest of us and realize that killing those who pose "threats" to your religion will get you nowhere but in everyone's "crazy-@$$holes-book".
    Last edited by squeezy; 04/22/2010 at 12:26 PM.
    wow, a lil sensitive are they? guess a sense of humor is against their religious laws
    Quote Originally Posted by PJaE00 View Post
    wow, a lil sensitive are they? guess a sense of humor is against their religious laws
    And Rome's condemnation of The Last Temptation of Christ was what? "Appropriate"?

From either's uniquely in-house perspective, they are both right. From the perspective from outside? Not exactly.
    ^ i believe there is difference between condemnation and Death threats
    Regardless of your opinion about this issue, there's one thing for sure....Trey and Matt have gigantic balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    ^ i believe there is difference between condemnation and Death threats
    Neither did I read that any direct death threat had been made nor did I allude to personally approving the response.

Even Christ taught that your life is not your possession. Other religions hold similar beliefs as I alluded to in my earlier post. In other words, the condemnation is integrated with the belief system and to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaster48 View Post
    Neither did I read that any direct death threat had been made nor did I allude to personally approving the response.

Even Christ taught that your life is not your possession. Other religions hold similar beliefs as I alluded to in my earlier post. In other words, the condemnation is integrated with the belief system and to be expected.
    Yes, that group was only publishing their addresses so as to ensure that their many islamic friends would know where to send Valentines Day candies.

The picture of Theo Van Gogh with a dagger in his chest ?? Oh, an ironic, humorous reference to that old joke about pens being mightier than swords...

'South Park' Muhammad episode airs despite uproar
    By DAVID BAUDER, AP

...Comedy Central's "South Park" included a representation of the Prophet Muhammad as a character this week despite a radical Muslim group's warning that its producers could be killed.

Muhammad appeared on Wednesday night's episode of the cartoon with his body obscured by a black box, since Muslims consider a physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous. Last week, the character was believed to be disguised in a bear costume. When that same costume was removed this week, Santa Claus appeared.

The bear costume had angered the New York-based group Revolution Muslim, which posted a message on its website saying that producers Trey Parker and Matt Stone had insulted their prophet.

The message included a gruesome picture of Theo Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker murdered by a Muslim extremist in 2004 after making a movie about a woman who rejected Muhammad's teachings. The message said the "South Park" producers would "probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh" for airing the show.

The posting included Comedy Central's New York address, as well as the address for Parker and Stone's California production studio...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Yes, that group was only publishing their addresses so as to ensure that their many islamic friends would know where to send Valentines Day candies.
    No one's word is worth your consideration? If peaceful protests are held within the limits of the law, should we fear for our lives as viewers of the cartoon too?

The picture of Theo Van Gogh with a dagger in his chest ?? Oh, an ironic, humorous reference to that old joke about pens being mightier than swords
    All of which changes nothing of what I said, if understood at all. The report of Salman Rushdie's demise must have been missed in my news feed.
    No one's word is worth your consideration? If peaceful protests are held within the limits of the law, should we fear for our lives as viewers of the cartoon too?
    a Supremee once said something like: my right to free expressiion ends just short of the beginnings of your nose

Threats, intimidation, and the like have been found to be beyond the scope of free expression when there's the clear inference of endangerment.

Forgive me because I really don't right now recall the subtlies of this, but its my understanding that you can scream that: "abortion Doctors kill babies" as much as you want (as long as you are at least 35' feet from the clinic entrance, and 8' from staff and clients); and you may even with impunity say that: "I hope no harm comes to that satanic swine BARYE, who lives at 1600 Penn. Ave NW, Wash. DC." -- but when you say that, and also publish analogous pictures of swine like BARYE who you had previously "hoped" would also not be killed, you're pushing dangerously close to sending an advertisement for murder.

Advertisements for murder, invitations to commit murder, threats of violence -- these are legally actionable and often not protected forms of speech.

All of which changes nothing of what I said, if understood at all. The report of Salman Rushdie's demise must have been missed in my news feed.
    Is it your point that since not everyone who has had a fatwa issued against them has been murdered like Mr. Van Gogh, that this invalidates the implied intimidation, the threat ??
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Forgive me because I really don't right now recall the subtlies of this, but its my understanding that you can scream that: "abortion Doctors kill babies" as much as you want (as long as you are at least 35' feet from the clinic entrance, and 8' from staff and clients); and you may even with impunity say that: "I hope no harm comes to that satanic swine BARYE, who lives at 1600 Penn. Ave NW, Wash. DC." -- but when you say that, and also publish analogous pictures of swine like BARYE who you had previously "hoped" would also not be killed, you're pushing dangerously close to sending an advertisement for murder.
    Am I allowed to say "I hope no harm comes to me, at my own hand, if we ever voted that satanic swine BARYE president"? Although, as I recall, you favor coronation over inauguration.
    Is it your point that since not everyone who has had a fatwa issued against them has been murdered like Mr. Van Gogh, that this invalidates the implied intimidation, the threat ??
    What did I state originally in this thread? Ah, yes:
    From either's uniquely in-house perspective, they are both right. From the perspective from outside? Not exactly.
    All of which is to say until a law is broken, they are freely exercising their unencumbered right to speech and protest. The law of man will engage if necessary.
    the NYC car bomb was parked near Viacom, South Park's owner.

Irrelevant coincidence, perhaps ...

Here's what happened:

The man who posted the blog, Abu Talhah al-Amrikee, insisted "this is not a threat," but wrote that Parker and Stone "will probably wind up like Theo van Gogh."
    I dunno how direct can you be after this statement

Read more: Islamic group that warned creators of 'South Park' denies involvement in Times Square bomb plot
    MoHaMed uses Palm Pre to shoot down helicopter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Regardless of your opinion about this issue, there's one thing for sure....Trey and Matt have gigantic balls.
    OMG! You've actually seen them?!?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    OMG! You've actually seen them?!?

Yes. And they are gi-normous. Much bigger than yours.

LMAO
    the NYC car bomb was parked near Viacom, South Park's owner.

Irrelevant coincidence, perhaps ...
    A Pakistani is reported to have been arrested as he was attempting top leave the country.

This gives more credence to the theory that the car bomb was in part a message to Comedy Central and South Park.

It also gives further weight to the threat posted by the Taliban leader who had originally taken the blame for the attack -- a leader we have more than once thought we had killed. (It seems quite probable that the claim was videotaped before the outcome was known -- he had presumed apparently, significant death and destruction -- not that an attack executed by an amateur.)

Suspect in custody in NY car bomb attack
    By TOM HAYS and COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press

NEW YORK – A suspect in last weekend's failed car bomb attack on Times Square was taken into custody late Monday while trying to leave the country, a law enforcement official said.

The suspect, a Pakistani, was identified at midnight Monday at John F. Kennedy International Airport and was stopped, said the official, who spoke to The Associated Press early Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.

The suspect was identified as Faisal Shahzad, but his hometown wasn't disclosed. He was being held in New York.

Law enforcement officials said he recently returned from a trip to Pakistan and bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder used in the failed car bomb three weeks ago and paid cash...