Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    kool
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok
    not cool at all!
  5.    #5  
    If these news were true , what other companies besides ARM makes proccessors for smartphones.????
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    If these news were true , what other companies besides ARM makes proccessors for smartphones.????
    Intel is reported to be working on a version of its Atom for smartphones and Applelike Kotex pads (for end of this year, early next).

I have to hope that the FTC would look seriously hard at the anti-competitive implications of a transaction like this.

(in case anyone was not paying attention, its clear that El Jobso's grande ambition is to be ultimately more of a tyrant than Billy Gates, or even BARYE.)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    If these news were true , what companies will make phone for Europe???
    fixed...

(no way in hell the European union says yes to that..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    fixed...

yup
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Intel is reported to be working on a version of its Atom for smartphones and Applelike Kotex pads (for end of this year, early next).

I have to hope that the FTC would look seriously hard at the anti-competitive implications of a transaction like this.

(in case anyone was not paying attention, its clear that El Jobso's grande ambition is to be ultimately more of a tyrant than Billy Gates, or even BARYE.)
    agree, anti-monopoly law has to be apply in this case

Besides Intel, I think Samsung makes processors as well, but in the US there are more manufacturers than ARM: maybe Texas Instruments and........

(Could someone else of you very informated forums members post this info. Thanks.)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    yup
    True, Europeans laws will not allow a monopoly at all.
    ARM doesn't make processors. They design processors / architectures.

Then Samsung, Qualcomm, Apple, TI, Freescale, and a ton of other companies take those designs and make them into actual products. If Apple owned ARM, that could theoretically mean the complete end of pretty much every current smartphone. Android is being ported to x86, but honestly even the Atom uses orders of magnitude more power than ARM chips.

And yeah, I hope that they'd look at this for anti-monopoly reasons.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/22/2010 at 11:46 AM.
    This is like Ford owning rights to tire design.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Pre uses ARM processors right?

Looks like Apple is trying to make it a 1 man game.

http://mashable.com/2010/04/21/apple-arm/
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Isn't it about time to get rid of the Treo forum board?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    The Precentral forum is a subset of the Treocentral forum. By replacing the discussion.treocentral.com part with forums.precentral.net you can switch to the newer skin.

In other words, this is already being discussed whether you're on the Treocentral site, or the Precentral site.

Edit: Since the post was merged, the link became unnecessary.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/22/2010 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Not as long as their are Treo owners out there.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ARM doesn't make processors. They design processors / architectures.

Then Samsung, Qualcomm, Apple, TI, Freescale, and a ton of other companies take those designs and make them into actual products. If Apple owned ARM, that could theoretically mean the complete end of pretty much every current smartphone. Android is being ported to x86, but honestly even the Atom uses orders of magnitude more power than ARM chips.

And yeah, I hope that they'd look at this for anti-monopoly reasons.
    Besides ARM are there more designers of processors/architectures around the world ?

Then, Intel is a better option for smartphones. Good to know.Thanks.
    Besides ARM are there more designers of processors/architectures around the world ?

Then, Intel is a better option for smartphones. Good to know.Thanks.
    No, Intel is NOT a better option. It uses more power. Aka, the battery would drain faster.

Since all of the smartphone platforms, and MANY consumer electronics devices use ARM, it'd be a major blow all across the board.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, Intel is NOT a better option. It uses more power. Aka, the battery would drain faster.

Since all of the smartphone platforms, and MANY consumer electronics devices use ARM, it'd be a major blow all across the board.
    What do you think of NVIDIA Tegra?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast