Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hmmmmm, this changes things.

Question: How did you discover Visorcentral.com?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    ertonbel,
    what are the pictures supposed to be of?
    Jeff
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Why? I've seen pictures of the Loch Ness Monster. What exactly do those pictures prove?
    Question: How did you discover Visorcentral.com?
    Better Question: Why say anything here when the newsmedia would be a better place for such a story if it were true? I bet they're in on the conspiracy.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    what are the pictures supposed to be of?
    Jeff, you're part of the conspiracy, too? I must've missed your name on the newsletter.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that no one has cited the law of parsimony (derived from Occam's Razor), which states:
    if you have two theories which both explain the observed facts then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that no one has cited the law of parsimony (derived from Occam's Razor), which states:
    One thing makes the substance of that page questionable for me. It attributes a quote to Einstein of which there exists no proof of his saying (source: The Expanded Quotable Einstein).
    Toby:
    You just had to bring up Einstein in this thread, didn't you!!
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    You just had to bring up Einstein in this thread, didn't you!!
    Trolling is a respectable way to make a living here on the Bayou.
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    I don't think so -- all I saw was tiny pictures of an emergency vehicle and a policeman in SWAT gear. Heck, anyone unfortunate enough to be near an arrest could have taken them.
    Originally posted by Toby
    Trolling is a respectable way to make a living here on the Bayou.
    I knew it!!
    I knew it!!
    You want to buy some shrimp, cher?
    Ertonbel is correct about one thing he stated in an earlier post, NY can involuntarily hold someone without a court proceeding for longer than 72 hours (they can hold someone for 60 days). They are required to have a court hearing within 5 days of a request by the individual being held. Ertonbel, if you requested it and they didn't do it, then you have grounds to go after them.

Interestingly, NY also requires statements from two physicians to get an involuntary commitment.

Here is a link to the appropriate statute.
    Last edited by Pathdoc; 07/01/2002 at 03:19 PM.
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    You want to buy some shrimp, cher?
    Non, merci. Shrimp boats here in S.C. were part of a conspiracy to do away with red meat eaters.
    Non, merci. Shrimp boats here in S.C. were part of a conspiracy to do away with red meat eaters.
    That's them Texiens for you. Does alligator count as red meat?
    That's them Texiens for you. Does alligator count as red meat?
    Not sure about the Texiens--are they part of a conspiracy, too?

I've heard that Alligator tastes like chicken, so probably no on the red meat.
    Not sure about the Texiens
    You should know. You are one.
    --are they part of a conspiracy, too?
    I'm sure they are.
    I've heard that Alligator tastes like chicken,
    It doesn't. It tastes like Tasty Wheat.
    so probably no on the red meat.
    Oh well. Must be a cattle rancher conspiracy. Nutria - it's what's for dinner!
    Originally posted by tantousha
    it is true that since the incident something like 5000 people have disappeared without arrest warrants and are currently being held indefinitly.
    Washington Post, June 28
    According to the most recent government figures, 74 foreign nationals are still being held on immigration charges related to the Sept. 11 attacks. At least 700 people have been detained on immigration charges since Sept. 11, and many have been deported.
    Just keep talking, tantousha -- someday you'll say something right.
    What's your source for "5000 detainees?"
    What's your source for "The news agency that filmed the Palestinians celebrating the September 11 attacks later admitted the film had been made earlier?"
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Originally posted by John Nowak
    Just keep talking, tantousha -- someday you'll say something right.
    What's your source for "5000 detainees?" [...]
    Maybe that's in Canada.
    Maybe that's in Canada.
    i don't think so, we don't have the resources to deal with 5000 'detainees'!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_back_home
    i don't think so, we don't have the resources to deal with 5000 'detainees'!
    I agree. If history is any indicator, Canada would not detain them (not that the alternative is necessarily preferable ).
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast