1.    #1  
    NYT: Steve Jobs got back iPhone 4G prototype from Gizmodo

For Apple, Lost iPhone Is a Big Deal - NYTimes.com

It was a marketing strategy?

Trying to stop HTC 4G possible buyers?

or it was really an accident and was just left on that bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    NYT: Steve Jobs got back iPhone 4G prototype from Gizmodo

For Apple, Lost iPhone Is a Big Deal - NYTimes.com

It was a marketing strategy?

Trying to stop HTC 4G possible buyers?

or it was really an accident and was just left on that bar?
    It's the new Palm that Apple "stole" form Palm R&D and put Apple logos on to hide it. And then it was lost in the bar. Why else would they want it bad so bad.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/20/2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  3.    #3  
    oh I see, it is the Palm C-40 then
    I wonder if Apple gave Gizmodo 5000 for it, since that was the price Gizmodo had bought it for.
  5.    #5  
    hard to know, but Gizmodo got more than 1million visitors on their site for this news., an indirect profit.???
    5k was easily paid for the by amount of paid search ads and banner ads they have on their sites... not to mention Gizmodo getting their names pasted all over the web.
    I know that I read Gizmodo for the first time by clicking on a link to the story.
    Gizmodo is an Apple loyalist (and Palm hater) since day 1. Its not surprising they 'found' an unreleased iPhone...
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    Gizmodo is an Apple loyalist (and Palm hater) since day 1. Its not surprising they 'found' an unreleased iPhone...
    they have had some friction w/Apple -- if I remember properly, a staffer was banned from Apple events because of a dumb stunt done during one of Apple's demos
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10.    #10  
    some people around the web had made comments as a great marketing strategy, because the gizmodo teardown was not complete and let everyone interested in what is in deep the different parts of the device.
    I happen to think its a setup. My reason..I have a friend that works for Apple in the Iphone department.

When the 3GS came out he told me he had a 3GS for months with him just without the badging. Ya I know it is the same phone, but they didnt want people to know the employees were using them.

Everyone knows that phone is not the original and looks totally new so...
  12.    #12  
    yeah it is a new device , as far as I can see on photos comparing both devices
    Quote Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
    I happen to think its a setup. My reason..I have a friend that works for Apple in the Iphone department.

When the 3GS came out he told me he had a 3GS for months with him just without the badging. Ya I know it is the same phone, but they didnt want people to know the employees were using them.

Everyone knows that phone is not the original and looks totally new so...
    Yes of course it was a stealth bit of Apple marketing all along.

Steve enthusiastically persuaded Gray Powell -- their junior engineer -- to leave that phone behind at the bar under the guise of being drunk on his birthday -- (such a pathetically transparent ruse !!!).

Oh sure there might be some slight falloff in iphones sales during the next few months as buyers await the new improved version -- but thats a tiny price to pay as against all this free visibility and attention.

Want more proof ??? Mr. Powell is expected to be on stage with El Jobso when the new 4G iPhone gets formally unveiled.

(its not yet confirmed which parts of Mr. Powell will be on stage with El Jobso -- discussions are ongoing, but current debate ranges between fingers to his actual head...)
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/22/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

Oh sure there might be some slight falloff in iphones sales during the next few months as buyers await the new improved version -- but thats a tiny price to pay as against all this free visibility and attention.
    I agree. They apparently know what they are doing.