1.    #1  
    hey guys, i need some free photo editor program for windows xp , to edit ,resize and costumize pics any ideas?
    thanks!!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Paint.NET works for simple stuff. Gimp if you wanted photoshop-style features, but it's gotten pretty bloated too. There are several sites out there where you can edit your pics online but I don't use them.
  4.    #5  
    how do you change the opacity in these programs?
    Did you try Gimp as suggested above, you can alter opacity settings in that.
  6.    #8  
    thankd for the sugestions the most important that I need to change the opacity and resize pics for make my own scrims
    Aviary Phoenix is really great as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    how do you change the opacity in these programs?
    In Paint.net you can go to the Layer top menu option, then layer properties, then you will see an opacity slider

Hope that helps
    Diane
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I've been using GIMP for about a year now. It's a great program. It's free too
  10.    #12  
    i've using paint.net and is good so far but I'm missing some photoshop adjustments
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i've using paint.net and is good so far but I'm missing some photoshop adjustments
    You should try Gimp (gimp.org). I was surprised that it has all the features it does I do know it's much better then Paint.net
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You should try Gimp (gimp.org). I was surprised that it has all the features it does I do know it's much better then Paint.net
    "Much better" can be pretty subjective, based on what you've used in the past, and what you need the program to do. Many have found that paint.net has "just enough" for them, and much simpler than gimp. Gimp has much more than most people need.

The good news is that both are free and can be evaluated.... you can in fact use both at the same time
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.