Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1.    #1  
    I'm writing this thread for all those who think that someone is stupid for asking a question,that has already been ask. I myself on some occasion is also guilty of such a thing. I know that seeing the same thread over and over can be very annoying,but sometimes there might be this problem at hand that need urgent attention. Remember,this is what the forum is for...are do we forget! Each one help one,so please try and be more courteous and understanding in answering someone. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I'm writing this thread for all those who think that someone is stupid for asking a question,that has already been ask. I myself on some occasion is also guilty of such a thing. I know that seeing the same thread over and over can be very annoying,but sometimes there might be this problem at hand that need urgent attention. Remember,this is what the forum is for...are do we forget! Each one help one,so please try and be more courteous and understanding in answering someone. Thanks!
    ima have to second that one because im so tired of people saying "did you search this topic first before you posted" ..... and i tell em **** no i didnt i want to ask a question i dont care if anyone else did.
    <<<< WebOS Represent >>>>
  3. #3  
    i have to agree. searching is a must use tool for any forum, but searching generally turns up hundreds of results and it can be hard at times to assume the subject of the post by the title alone.

    if i see a question about a subject that has been thoroughly discussed elsewhere, i usually will post a URL to the thread.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonbeau01 View Post
    ima have to second that one because im so tired of people saying "did you search this topic first before you posted" ..... and i tell em **** no i didnt i want to ask a question i dont care if anyone else did.
    idiots like you are the ones that fill precentral full of pointless threads.
  5. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #5  
    I'm sure he feel the same way about you . But why attack him and call him an *****? If you didn't like the thread why read it and or respond

    senseless












    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    idiots like you are the ones that fill precentral full of pointless threads.
  6. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #6  
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I'm writing this thread for all those who think that someone is stupid for asking a question,that has already been ask. I myself on some occasion is also guilty of such a thing. I know that seeing the same thread over and over can be very annoying,but sometimes there might be this problem at hand that need urgent attention. Remember,this is what the forum is for...are do we forget! Each one help one,so please try and be more courteous and understanding in answering someone. Thanks!
  7. #7  
    so why have a search function at all? Because people don't like having to sift thought the crap to find the gold. It's a forum, not a prospecting field. Use search first before making a new thread, if only cause it's the rules of the forum and it's the decent thing to do.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so why have a search function at all? Because people don't like having to sift thought the crap to find the gold. It's a forum, not a prospecting field. Use search first before making a new thread, if only cause it's the rules of the forum and it's the decent thing to do.
    Well said. I think that's the most sound and reasonable answer to this debate.

    Basically, don't expect anyone to take their time to spoon-feed an answer for YOU, if you were unabashedly not willing to take the time to even TRY and to take 30 seconds to look for the answer yourself first. That smacks of being pretty selfish and "moochy" to most folks.

    Just use a little common courtesy, and you'll get it back in return, many times over. That goes not only for this forum, but life in general.
  9. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #9  
    MRLOSERPUNK

    some ppl are new and don't understand search so they want a quick answer which is fine by me. I still try to help if I can I don't care how many times it's been asked who are you to judge. If you don't like what ppl ask don't read the thread or post on it
  10. #10  
    so why make rules? Those same people can read can't they? You always join a club by saying your rules don't apply to me?
  11. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #11  
    IF You DON't LIKE THE THREAD DON't READ !!!!!!! Is he hurting anybody by not using the search button ? No you can bend the rules not break them
  12. #12  
    You need to abide by rules set forward by the forum, they are made for a reason: to prevent repetitive posts and promote quality over quantity. Also, learn how to spell/use proper grammar, it makes it easier for people to understand you.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    IF You DON't LIKE THE THREAD DON't READ !!!!!!! Is he hurting anybody by not using the search button ? No you can bend the rules not break them
    how is doing something that is explicitly against the rules "bending" them?
  14. #14  
    neno, it doesn't seem like MRLOSERPUNK was passing direct judgment on anybody. Besides, we all see the obvious distinction between someone who honestly didn't understand they had the ability to search, and someone who just blatantly refuses to do so.
  15. Smubeht's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    IF You DON't LIKE THE THREAD DON't READ !!!!!!! Is he hurting anybody by not using the search button ? No you can bend the rules not break them
    It does hurt people. There is x number of posts on a page. If a new post is on the page then post #x is bumped off page 1 so that post #1 can be displayed on top. If post #1 was already answered in forums and the now currently post #x+1 wasn't, it will be harder for that poster to get an answer. Now lets say on the each page there are 4 similar posts, that multiplies where the real posts get dropped to, and it makes searching through those much more tedious.
  16.    #16  
    good one neno23231,smack it to them..and for all who love to call others out of their name,bring it. Sometimes in life you have to take a stand. Now is that time.
  17. Fitz39's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #17  
    have the search function incase some1 would like to search for a thread.. alot of times i feel my personal experience is unique, worthy of its own thread that can be merged into another if felt necissary by thoes who make that call. posting a comment in a thread i feel is less likely to be directly responded to than starting a new thread. and i heard the argument dont fill up the forums.. let me knoe how close we are to filling up to maximum capacity! and posting new thread keeps the moderators employed! lol jk i dont know the moderators job disctiption ;-)


    edit: when creating the title of the thread i look to see if there is another similar thread in existense. is that technically searching?
    727
  18. neno232's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    how is doing something that is explicitly against the rules "bending" them?




    man stop following me around every time I post you try to pick a fight please leave me alone


    good day to you sir
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    good one neno23231,smack it to them..and for all who love to call others out of their name,bring it. Sometimes in life you have to take a stand. Now is that time.
    Not to snuff your fire, but he didn't exactly "smack it" to anybody. Naturally, more power to anybody who wants to make a stand I suppose, but I advise you don't go too far trying to "smack it" to the same people who you're expecting help and answers from in these forums...not exactly the way you're gonna garner people's good will.
  20. #20  
    I am not "following" you around but when you try to use buzz words to make something sound like something else I will call you or anyone else on it so good day to you
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions