Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Sometimes I see a lot of similarities between a lot of the people who blame illegal immigrants for a lot of the country's problems and German ****s who blamed the Jews for Germany's problems.....but hey, may it's just me. Oh and by the way, I married one of these illegals. She was brought here by her mom at the age of 4, she didn't really have a say in the matter so I don't see why she should be punished. She has worked her *** of her whole life and probably loves this country twice as much as any other "citizen" who by luck happened to be born here......like me.

Why is the word N a z i blocked?
    I agree whole heartedly, I personaly know many, Hard working nice people, it's not about that, it's a Constitutional Debate. There are laws for imigration in this country and they should be applied plain and simple. For those that go through the process. God Bless them. for comming here to make a better life and doing it right.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    Section 1.
    ALL PERSONS BORN OR NATURALIZED in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of CITIZENS of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Only BORN Citizens and NATURALIZED CITIZENS.

When they talk about Persons, they are referencing CITIZENS. This is from the 14th Amendment. and if Some LIBERAL court did make a judgement it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL Period. and never made it to the Supreme Court.
    Yick Wo v. Hopkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My cook in RI is gautamalin, (illeagal) he got pulled over Sunday night for DUI, (3rd time in 2 years). His car got towed, and he got a ride home. Is it me, or would the U.S. citizen get arrested? He made it to work Monday morn, no problemo!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    One that gives up freedom for security, deserves neither!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    yup, but here's the LEGAL differance, those were Immigrants going through the process to become citizens, and were being treated differantly than others, this was more a Racial thing than an immigrant thing, nice try but in this case it really doesn't apply.
    As much as I can relate to some of the illegals struggles, I don't think they should have the same rights. And they don't pay taxes? Hell naw. They all should come together (its like over ten million) overthrough THEIR government and take THEIR country back. Problem solved.

I forgot, I know acouple of people from Laos who are ****ed cause they had to pay money and go through the whole song and dance to get their citizenship.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    yup, but here's the LEGAL differance, those were Immigrants going through the process to become citizens, and were being treated differantly than others, this was more a Racial thing than an immigrant thing, nice try but in this case it really doesn't apply.
    From Justice Matthews' decision in the case:

The fourteenth amendment to the constitution is not confined to the protection of citizens. It says: 'Nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.' These provisions are universal in their application, to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction, without regard to any differences of race, of color, or of nationality; and the equal protection of the laws is a pledge of the protection of equal laws. It is accordingly enacted by section 1977 of the Revised Statutes that 'all persons within the jurisdiction of the United States shall have the same right, in every state and territory, to make and enforce contracts, to sue, be parties, give evidence, and to the full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of persons and property as is enjoyed by white citizens, and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, penalties, taxes, licenses, and exactions of every kind, and to no other.' The questions we have to consider and decide in these cases, therefore, are to be treated as involving the rights of every citizen of the United States equally with those of the strangers and aliens who now invoke the jurisdiction of the court.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    As much as I can relate to some of the illegals struggles, I don't think they should have the same rights. And they don't pay taxes? Hell naw. They all should come together (its like over ten million) overthrough THEIR government and take THEIR country back. Problem solved.

I forgot, I know acouple of people from Laos who are ****ed cause they had to pay money and go through the whole song and dance to get their citizenship.
    That was just plain ignorant not all illegal immigrants are from the same place
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well speaking as a legal permanent resident of the US I can say I'd be really pi**ed if an illegal immigrant didn't have to spend all day in an INS office to get their green card (or at the very least go through the process as it stands today) like I did - its just the principal of the matter - fair play and all.

And as a permanent resident I don't have all the rights of citizens - I don't get to vote and if I ever commit a felony I will be deported, rightfully so I may add. So no, illegal immigrants shouldn't have the same rights as citizens (at least when it comes to those particular issues). Legal immigrants don't so why should illegal immigrants?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Well speaking as a legal permanent resident of the US I can say I'd be really pi**ed if an illegal immigrant didn't have to spend all day in an INS office to get their green card (or at the very least go through the process as it stands today) like I did - its just the principal of the matter - fair play and all.

And as a permanent resident I don't have all the rights of citizens - I don't get to vote and if I ever commit a felony I will be deported, rightfully so I may add. So no, illegal immigrants shouldn't have the same rights as citizens (at least when it comes to those particular issues). Legal immigrants don't so why should illegal immigrants?
    They're certainly here illegally. But, as I understand it, this thread is about whether the Bill of Rights applies to illegal aliens--not all constitutional amendments. For example, they can't legally vote but they are afforded equal protections as, for example, afforded by the first, fourth and fifth amendments.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    That was just plain ignorant not all illegal immigrants are from the same place
    Yeah, it was. But where are the majority from? Just stating the obvious, huh
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    If you got rid of the welfare state then I think a lot of peoples minds would change. Until then it's "not fair if I have to pay for ___ and Pedro doesn't"

I think the term illegal should not be put on a human being. Just because he was born in a different geological location doesn't make them lesser of a people.
    Well since illegal means breaking laws, as in coming into this country without following the legal methods of doing so (like solarus has) and not youre a lesser person because you were born somewhere else, it sorta make sense to call those folks illegals.

The system currently is horrendous.
    It is what it is. If you dont like it, change it. Breaking the law because you dont agree with it isnt the answer.

We have had a nice polish girl work with my handicap brother for a few years now and shes amazing.. hard to find help for things like this. Anyhow, first she was on a vacation visa.. then work.. then school... We helped her apply for citizenship and fill out forms. Waited. Jumped through hoops. Waited. Years later she still is having trouble staying in the country. I was thinking of marrying her because that's literally the only way.
    Thats nice. Have you been breaking the law now too? Sounds like you wanna keep here her for your brother more than for her sake. Nice.

Oh yeah, she speaks perfect english and was a physical therapist back home.
    Oh well that changes everything. Give her citizenship and screw those folks who still struggle with English, had **** jobs at home but have gotten here legally. They cant be near as good as this girl.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Well since illegal means breaking laws, as in coming into this country without following the legal methods of doing so (like solarus has) and not youre a lesser person because you were born somewhere else, it sorta make sense to call those folks illegals.

It is what it is. If you dont like it, change it. Breaking the law because you dont agree with it isnt the answer.

Thats nice. Have you been breaking the law now too? Sounds like you wanna keep here her for your brother more than for her sake. Nice.

Oh well that changes everything. Give her citizenship and screw those folks who still struggle with English, had **** jobs at home but have gotten here legally. They cant be near as good as this girl.

where you born an A*s*S Hole or what?

It's easy to say being an illegal immigrant is wrong, and people shouldn't do it, until you are working 80 hours a week, while taking care of kids, with no way out, but going to the states. It's easy to say theft is wrong no mater what (yea some people do) until your starving (some say you still shouldn't steal). I disagree, i think theres a difference between laws, and morals...

And no, i'm not, or no one i know is an illegal immigrant, i'm not a thief, and don't plan on becoming one, i'm just capable of trying to imagine what others are going through.. (and no, you cannot know what it's like, until you are in that situation.)
    It is very easy to stereotype illegal immigrants as lazy prone to criminal activity and welfare receivers among other things. It is also very easy to blame the goverments of their respective countries. However the truth in the matter is that most illegal immigrants are law abidding, hardworking and yes contrary to popular belief they do pay taxe. Granted there are and always will be bad apples in the bunch I don't feel that using illegal immigrants as a scapegoat will solve the nations problems. In regards to the countries from which they come from being corrupt has a lot to do with the US government itself and the covert wars assassinations and economic hitmen whom have reaped havoc in some of the of the originating cou .ntries immigrants come from. I know I didn't answer the question but I thought i'd just throw that out there.
    Last edited by hitechalex; 04/07/2010 at 02:03 AM.
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    Wow! just wow guys!
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    Lots of ignorant comments in this thread.
    Look at the name of the thread, askin for the answer to a government that does nothing to protect its language, boarders and culture. A country that gives illegals more rights than its own millatry. Our troops have the worst R.O.E. Send them to war and hold their hands behind their back. Casualties happen. W.M.D's? In Iraq? Affganistan.. Opium... Need more troops there, why? To Bring you drugs.. Mexico is collapsed. And well, don't think the government throws away the 2010 census illegals mail.
    **** no.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    But in the words of our founding fathers "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with.......
    They meant all white men.
    Why does everybody always forget that our founding fathers were racist slaveowners?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    They meant all white men.
    Why does everybody always forget that our founding fathers were racist slaveowners?
    I've never seen the words all white men in there. Whether or not they were racist slave owners is for another debate but the words, which is from the Declaration of Independence not the Constitution, are in there. And they are meant for all. That was their intention. They knew we'd have to iron out the differences that's why we fought a civil war and had a civil rights movement.

Now as for illegal immigrants, or better illegal aliens, they are simply illegal. Unfortunately, we don't enforce the current immigrations laws because of lack of money or lack of will I'm not sure which. They should be deported and forced to enter under the current immigration laws no matter how messed up they are, which they are. It takes approximately 9-10 yrs to get your citizenship under the current system. Not too long for such a privilege. Could be shorter probably but it is what it is.

The government would love to give these illegals amnesty because of the votes and fed funding they represent. As of now they are using the system, give them amnesty and they will continue to depend on the government. Not all but most would continue. At least that would be the hope of the nanny state.

These illegals also take jobs away from citizens and legal permanent residents. It's a no brainer for a company to hire cheaper labor when the government isn't prosecuting the companies who are operating illegally by hiring illegals.

If the government would prosecute companies hiring illegals and enforce immigration laws there would be more jobs for citizens and legal residents and we'd save a boat load of money not supporting illegals. Especially good for these bad economic times.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I've never seen the words all white men in there...
    ..... And I don't see where I said that in my post. Where'd you see it?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast