1.    #1  
    she has the 755p but needs simplicity, good battery life, and a pda. What's best without the bias
    went to 755p to various phones and ended up with a Pre, I LOVE it. I switched three other 755P friends to Pre's and they are very happy. I have never used a Pixi, can't comment on it. Disclaimer: Battery life is less than a 755P.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    she has the 755p but needs simplicity, good battery life, and a pda. What's best without the bias
    well the pre won't work, since it doesn't have a good battery life.. Unless you want to get a spare batery and a charger, or an extended battery. It is really simple to use though. Iphone would be your Simplest choice, then followed by the pre.. Blackberry's and android phones aren't really simple to use..
    Pixi might be a good choice...
    It depends on what she uses it for. I would suggest looking at the Pixi, if she wants a simple phone for email, texting, surfing the web, managing her calendar (syncs wirelessly with Outlook)

I looked at Android phones, but they seem much more complicated. I went from 650 to Centro and now Pre. I really enjoyed the Treo line, but I have never been happier with a phone before. I don't play many games on it (other than Soduku and Hearts). I carry my ipod touch for games, but I find I am using the ipod less and less.
    I bought my daughter a pixie,,,easy to use and she loves it,,no slider and decent battery life.
    Can you be a little more specific on what PDA functions you/she are looking for? Calendar, PIM, email, document viewing, document editing, desktop sync, Outlook integration, Lotus Notes, etc....
  8. paivaberg
    I think you should go for Motorola 3G. It is the best option for you.
  9.    #9  
    wouldnt go pixi because small phone for women in thier late 40s arent really keen to small buttons, atleast majority of what i seen as returns before.

shes into calendars, calling, internet, email. was thinking android, BB slider, or windows mobile 7

thank you mytether
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    iPhone--even my techologically deficient sister figured it out in seconds and became an instant fan.

Previously, she had tried Palm devices without much luck.
    if iphone was for sprint then defiantly,however its not and would like to stay on sprint because we have EDRP/sero. shes running on sero 45 right now but she tends to even go over those minutes

thank you mytether
    I would say a blackberry curve got one for my technophobe mother and she hated it for a week now she can't put it down and it meets all of your requirements
    According to Verizon...
    "Palm Pre Plus is the first smartphone smart enough for mom!"

Sorry, I had to say it
    As a former Treo/Centro user... I don't see how she can do any better than the Pre or Pixi.

I'm not a pixi fan because the screen is smaller and the CPU is different - (might not get Flash support.)

But I do like the "candy bar" form factor, and it may feel more familiar to her than a sliding keyboard.

Get her a couple of touchstones to make it easier for her to keep it charged...
    By the way, is there something wrong with her 755p? Sometime what you have is better than unnecessary change.
  15.    #15  
    she just wants something new. It's like she has sdtv and saw how amazing hdtv is and wants it
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Blackberry?

You said battery life, simplicity, PDA.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I need assistance as well because my mom needs a bigger screen, but I'm scared because I don't know how she'll handle a phone without buttons because the only big-screen phones are touch-only except for the Droid.

She's on Verizon and I would love to recomend her a Pre Plus since it's cheap right now, but the screen is too small.