View Poll Results: Are you smarter than Barack Obama?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 32.63%
  • No

37 38.95%
  • Not Sure

6 6.32%
  • That's not for me to determine.

21 22.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The only thing I know is I know nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW View Post
    That irony of your horrible grammar in that sentence combined with the topic of this thread just made my day.

Thank you.
    Thanks grammer teacher....next time I ll make sure I get you to spell ck, etc on a blog before I hit submit
    Are you smarter then a fifth grader?????? naw just kidding
    i've never made the mistake of forgetting which hospital I was born, and putting the wrong answer in a book.
    (its on the birth certificate...not just the certificate of live birth)
    but, yeah, he's smarter, so was lex luther
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    everybody who said that they're smarter than obama should run for president.
    Or maybe that they haven't should be considered exculpatory evidence?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    My perception. Based solely on my observations, is that Obama is at least as smart as I am.

Does that mean our conclusions regarding objective issues are the same? No.

I could not successfully run for President, but the reason has nothing to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with some other attributes that Obama has over me in spades: social and networking skills.
    I voted yes, but on second thought, he was able to dupe just over 50% of Americans into voting for him where I probably couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I could not successfully run for President, but the reason has nothing to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with some other attributes that Obama has over me in spades: social and networking skills.
    This x 10 for me = cosign, plus add in the willingness to engage in the political machinations necessary to do any real work above the small-town board of education level.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I may be smarter in the IQ sense but I have wicked bad ADD that cut into my productivity so he's probably more useful. :P
  10.    #30  
    Amazing. Almost 32% of voters consider themselves smarter than the President of the United States. If Palm Pre owners are representative of the general population, then this country is a lot smarter than it looks. I'll have to keep reminding myself of that the next time I'm in line at Walmart. If there's somebody in front of me, and somebody behind me, one of them is probably a smart enough to defeat the Clintons!
    Considering Barack's intelligence lies in politics and he was able to become president and move the masses, and get a healthcare bill past a very opposed-to-everything party, I'd say he's defiantly smarter than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    For those who think they are smarter than Obama, why is he president while you are at some silly job that allows you tons of time all day to post of TC constantly...?
    Good point. Thought disparaging every other job in the world because it is not that of President of the United States is a little harsh.

Still think this topic would make a good reality show.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I voted yes, but on second thought, he was able to dupe just over 50% of Americans into voting for him where I probably couldn't.
    I don't consider persuasive synonymous with smart. I've met some rather convincing salesman who weren't very bright.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Or maybe that they haven't should be considered exculpatory evidence?
    All the more reason to vote for them.... oh sweet irony.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandStone View Post
    Amazing. Almost 32% of voters consider themselves smarter than the President of the United States.
    Well, I'm smart enough to realize that a self-selected sample size of less than 100 people on the internet isn't exactly going to trend towards accuracy.
    This thread made my day.
    For those who think they are smarter than Obama, why is he president while you are at some silly job that allows you tons of time all day to post of TC constantly...?
    I think the answer to that question is contained within the question itself.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    ...He is a lawyer, which takes a pretty high level of smarts ...
    I have met many lawyers and would disagree with this.
    Dan
    All the ones who voted yes are most likely teenagers.
    Just call me Berd.
    Being elected to be president of the US doesn’t necessarily mean you are smart… People seem to forget about Bush It’s nothing but a popularity contest. Whoever spends more on campaigning and lies enough to get the votes, wins. I am thinking of running next election, but my campaign will simply be a web site asking for individuals to write me in.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast