Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    The best way to make coffee is "French Press"... typically with an extra-bold blend, such like Starbucks Italian Roast or Verona.

Actually Trader Joe's 5 Country Blend is awesome.

That's it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    ooooh Coffee!!!

I used to use the French Press too...a few years ago we made the switch to the coffee pods and now to the k-cups. I don't know if I could ever switch now. I found some great strong, bold coffee and the convenience is awesome!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    k-cups are great, especially the double Black Diamond and Espresso Blends. But if you don't have a machine at home (as opposed to work), then french press for me.
    Try the AeroPress from Aerobie. The AeroPress is similar to French Press and just as easy to use, but the brewed coffee is filtered through a semi-reusable paper filter that keeps the grounds out. I've tried all different kinds of coffee brewing methods and this is what I exclusively use now.
    Quote Originally Posted by deek05 View Post
    ooooh Coffee!!!

I used to use the French Press too...a few years ago we made the switch to the coffee pods and now to the k-cups. I don't know if I could ever switch now. I found some great strong, bold coffee and the convenience is awesome!
    Admittedly the pods are some darn good coffee. We had one in our honeymoon place and I loved it.

HOWEVER, you gotta admit, the little luvelies are a huge waste. They're pricey and wasteful to produce and result in more garbage per cup.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I just buy caffein in bulk and put it in juice or something
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Grind-n-brew for me. Love the Cuisinart. Can stash all different flavor beans and fresh brew anytime.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Grind-n-brew for me. Love the Cuisinart. Can stash all different flavor beans and fresh brew anytime.
    We actually have that model. Was a wedding gift we registered for. But I was deceived, the "Grind Control" dial on the front is not to control the fineness of the grind, it's simply the number pf cups.

The grind is pretty course, wasting coffee.

I do not recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Admittedly the pods are some darn good coffee. We had one in our honeymoon place and I loved it.

HOWEVER, you gotta admit, the little luvelies are a huge waste. They're pricey and wasteful to produce and result in more garbage per cup.
    I bought a couple of refillable cups, and fill them with Dunkin' Donuts coffee - less wasteful and tons cheaper than the k-cups...no better way to start the day!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I bought a couple of refillable cups, and fill them with Dunkin' Donuts coffee - less wasteful and tons cheaper than the k-cups...no better way to start the day!
    Duncan is better than folgers but still a little light. Try this if it's in your stores: Organic Mayan Black Onyx.
    Duncan is better than folgers but still a little light. Try this if it's in your stores: Organic Mayan Black Onyx.
    I don't mind light...I'm a coffee wimp. I mostly like cream and sugar, but if you don't have coffee in it as well, you look weird.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Duncan is better than folgers but still a little light.
    Never tried Dunkin' Donuts coffee, but Folger's Black Silk is actually not that bad. I was amazed it was Folger's the first time I tried it. That being said, Mello Joy dark roast is my favorite store bought coffee with Community or River Road being tied for second. Community is probably the only one that may have any national recognition out of those.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I watched an interesting program about coffee on Public Broadcast.
    How coffee made its way across the US.
    The history of names such as Folgers, Mill Bros, and Maxwell House.
    How these made their success from the movement to the west.
    It also went into the slavery of South America continuing into the 20th century.

I just recently got recommended those little Starbucks instant coffee packets. I was pleasantly surprised. Good cup of coffee in a pinch.
    Just call me Berd.
    I've been a novice coffee geek for a number of years. Tried a bunch of different ways of brewing coffee, including French Press. I actually got into Americanos for a while, but the espresso machine took up too much counter real estate so I reverted.

That said, I found this episode of Good Eats to be a revelation. Changed how I brew coffee:
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Americanos are good, the instant Starbucks is good as well, but a bit wasteful in the creation process. kcups are brutal on the environment, i called them actually asking what they were doing, they said they are working on a solution, but honestly i think it's a bunch of crap.

True, the coarser the grind the more the waste. I love Armenian/Turkish coffee... talk about espresso on steroids.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    "That said, I found this episode of Good Eats to be a revelation. Changed how I brew coffee: Good Eats - True Brew "

cool video, thanks.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    My family has used Eight O'Clock Coffee for generations. I've traced it back to the 1880s.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    My family has used Eight O'Clock Coffee for generations. I've traced it back to the 1880s.
    My wife and I have been buying that since landing in the USA. Strikes a good compromise between price/taste.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i like coffee! French press is good but i like the old fashion dual chamber stovetop espresso makers to.
    Nothing beats roasting your own beans...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast