1.    #1  
    I must admit, I like the show "Whale Wars" on the Discovery Channel. Well last year, Captain Paul Watson of the Sea Shepherd Society purposely rammed a Japanese whaling ship in order to stop a whale from being taken aboard The main Japanese vessel. Charges are/were pending last I heard. Anyway the Sea Shepherd crew throws buteric acid on the ships to hinder the whalers and possible make the meat unavailable for human consumption. Well last years final episode ended like this.

No doubt it was on purpose

View From the main Japanese ship

View from the Harpoon ship that was struck

Don't watch the next vid if you don't want to see what happens this upcoming season.

In the upcoming season, the Japanese appear to get a little payback. It looks to me that the whalers rammed them on purpose.
    Warning this is a spoiler for the upcoming season

I personally think that the Discovery channel is taking a big risk here off the coast of Antarctica. It's only a matter of time until someone is killed. The Japanese brokered a deal with The International Whaling Commission to only kill a certain amount of whales for research. Greenpeace approved of the deal. Paul Watson was thrown out of Greenpeace for a reason. Butttttt, both sides are at fault here and I think the Discovery channel is taking a huge risk if someone dies. Anyway I cant wait for the new season to be released.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    In the upcoming season, the Japanese appear to get a little payback. It looks to me that the whalers rammed them on purpose.
    Warning this is a spoiler for the upcoming season
    That's what I thought when I first watched that clip. When i watched it again, it's obvious that the whale-lovers accelerated right into the Japanese boat. I think this show is hilarious actually. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sea Shepherd getting attacked and sunk. Hell, they attacked the Japanese first lol.
    That's old news. A member of the Sea Shepherd crew boarded one of the Japanese ships, got captured, and is now in Japan on piracy charges.

The number of Minke whales taken by the Japan, Norway, and Iceland is pretty small compared to the total population, so I don't see what the big fuss is about. FFS, one Australian scientist has referred to them as "rabbits of the sea" because there's so many of them.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I like my Minke best when it's served up with a lobster thermidor sauce complemented by maybe some steamed spinach and a nice bottle of Pinot Noir.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    lived on the west coast of BC for most of my life, ship the size of that whaling vessel does not turn quick or easy.. three things, one, the sea sheppard vessel technically had the right of way. Over taking vessel is supposed to go right and pass safely.. two, the sea sheppard vessell accelrated into the side of the whaling vessel at that last moment, Three at the end of the video, look at the wake and prop wash of the whaling vessel,, they tried to turn away.

Hate to say it, depends on who gets believed, but video is pretty clear, sea sheppard rammed whaling vessel. Pretty stupid if you ask me..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    That's old news. A member of the Sea Shepherd crew boarded one of the Japanese ships, got captured, and is now in Japan on piracy charges.

The number of Minke whales taken by the Japan, Norway, and Iceland is pretty small compared to the total population, so I don't see what the big fuss is about. FFS, one Australian scientist has referred to them as "rabbits of the sea" because there's so many of them.
    Well it's old news considered it happened in January, but yes Pete Bethune has been taken to Japan and charged with piracy.

Anti-whaling activist Peter Bethune indicted in Tokyo for illegally boarding a Japanese harpoon boat as part of a protest against a whale hunting | Hot Indie News

Most of this hasn't been known or talked about because the Discovery Channel is trying to get people to watch the new season. I think that the DC is making a huge mistake in supporting this eco-terrorist group. I do like the show though. I find myself cheering for the Japanese.
  7.    #7  
    Funny scene done by South Park. It pretty much sums it up...