Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    I have been posting on Engadget since Aug 19, 2008. It had been a daily read for over 5 years. I have made comments on many products and articles. I was making some comments on the extensive coverage of the Apple IPad. I have done most of comments from my Palm Pre since the Engadget app came out. Today was no different than others. I was taking the train ride home from work, and making my daily comments not just on the IPad. Emails started to trickle in of replies. I was going to reply to the last comment, when I opened the link, it was mostly a blank Engadget page. At first I thought the page just didn't load. So I was almost home, and decided to do from my computer. The same thing started to happen on my home computer. I start to scroll through the blog only to see my post was gone. I posted another, people replied. Then poof gone again, you can see the comments from others but mine was gone. Then soon after I could not post at all. I looked up my account and saw it was empty, as if I have never posted anything.

    Sick of all the Apple news? We're here for you! -- Engadget
    engadget.com/2010/04/02/sick-of-all-the-apple-news-were-here-for-you/4#comments




    Here is one of the posts that I managed to save, it had 6 comments. The comments were deleted shortly after mine.


    There really isn't any other product\company that gets as much hype as Apple on Engadget. No matter how good or bad their product is. There is other "gadget" news to cover. I am sick of seeing it. I should not have use Engadgets blocker (engadget.com/exclude/Apple/rss.xml) Engadget. Grant it, it is not nearly as bad as Gizmodo. However, last time I checked these was TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog). TUAW is your Blog site for Apple releated products. Why is there no coverage in there? I should see more coverage in TUAW than the Engadget home page. When I visit Joystick.com I see video game news, that is not on the Engadget home page. I bet you we will not see the same type of coverage for the HP Slate. We didn't see it for the N1, Palm Pre, Win7, or other devices that changes how we use tech. This just help fuel Apples success, and makes other better products struggle. There has not been one day this week that Engadget has gone without posting something about the IPad most of the time there has been several posts. People do not just visit your site to see one product. There are many other sites we can get our daily fix. We are suppose to visit this site to get our daily feed of tech. I dare anyone to find a non Apple product that has gotten the same amount of coverage on Engadget two weeks before release. Does Engadget get kick backs from Apple for all these posts?


    This is really a bunch of crap!!! There are people that use profanity, and are just flat out rude. Yet my posts get removed. I have to make sure that I do not post any comments when my kids are around. Sometime it seems like the site should be rated R.
  2. #2  
    1: i don't like apple, but engadget isn't a news site, they are a blog, so they can come out and say the iphone 3gs actually multitasks better then the pre, cause they can open and close apps really fast..

    2: do what i do when an ipad post comes up, just skimp through it, or skip it...

    I can't comment on what engadget did since it might be a bug, or you might have swore, or was rude or there might have been a hacker, or the dude working there could have been drunk... Eitehr way, they are a BLOG! they can report on anything they want..
  3. #3  
    did the same thing happen to you with your post counts here at precentral lol j/k dude that sucks big ball, you should call them or send them a nasty email. what a way to treat such a loyal fan of theirs IMO
  4. #4  
    Amen. I hope people start reading and this gets around. I love Apple and their products, but I love my Pre more. I don't think Engaget realizes people want to hear the most updated stuff from them and not just an Apple product. I think it is more about money than the mission of the site. It's ashame
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  5. #5  
    In the same article you quoted from, did you notice them say they were not going to deal with anti-apple posts anymore? "... And reserve the right to straight jack trolls in the face with a sick nasty bannination". Sounds like you called their bluff and lost.
  6.    #6  
    You are correct, they can post whatever they want. It just amazes me that "all" my posts have been removed. It is just BS. There are people that are posting some really nasty stuff, and saying very rude things (even directed at Engadget). Yet, mine is removed. I have contributed a lot to Engadget, and this really ****es me off. Now in my eyes, I cannot trust them on their reviews or suggestions.
  7. #7  
    See this link and read Comment deletion and You deleted my comment. Isn't that censorship?
    Commenting on Engadget: a human's guide -- Engadget

    "The editorial staff does not delete comments without good reason, but deletions are always at the discretion of the editors. There are thousands of active commenters on Engadget, and we try to keep the comment sections a fun, engaging experience for all of its readers."

    They swing the ban hammer how and when they feel like it. If you think that there was a mistake in deleting the post, shoot them an email and let them know.

    (This really should be moved to the Off Topic section.)
    Last edited by noco37; 04/02/2010 at 10:06 PM.
  8. #8  
    Remember than Engadget is just a giant advertising company. As much as I want to work for Engadget, companies send them products to review because their reviews give them publicity and it's free advertising. Engadget if you've ever looked is owned by AOL Inc. so that explains alot about them. Granted I enjoy Engadget, but really if you were a business putting some new technology out there you would probably want to give Engadget it to review it so you can at least get your product out there.
  9.    #9  
    @PreSmurf
    I really hope this gets around. Engadget gets a lot of traffic. It's not like I just opened an account to troll. Have I trolled, Yes! Did I troll today, Yes!! Do I normally troll, No!! I was just getting really sick of see this IPad everywhere. Everywhere I turned today it was there, newspapers, on the trading floor TV's at my work, I could not escape. Engadget was my venting tool. I mean really the coverage on this pos is just so over blown I cannot take it.
  10. #10  
    It'd be nice if they added the no apple filter to the Pre app. It's the only place where I read the blog and I could do without 50 posts over the next three days about the damned iPad. it's stupid as hell to rule that any one who says anything bad about Apple can't comment on the Apple posts. Passive-aggressive to the max.
  11. #11  
    They banned me last year just coz I said that Josh's interview with Fallon was a total disaster...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It'd be nice if they added the no apple filter to the Pre app. It's the only place where I read the blog and I could do without 50 posts over the next three days about the damned iPad. it's stupid as hell to rule that any one who says anything bad about Apple can't comment on the Apple posts. Passive-aggressive to the max.
    Just look at how the Pre has faired on Engadget. The tollers just don't stop!!! Yet their comments remain. What does this say about Engadget? It says their reviews are biased, and cannot be trused to write a true review. I cannot wait to see what happens with the IPhone 4.0 comes out. Lets say it a different way. I cannot wait to see what happens 2 weeks before IPhone 4.0 comes out. I bet we are going to see the same thing on Engadget.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by holycow123 View Post
    They banned me last year just coz I said that Josh's interview with Fallon was a total disaster...
    Josh is a twit!! He cannot handle the live stage.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    I have been posting on Engadget since Aug 19, 2008. It had been a daily read for over 5 years. I have made comments on many products and articles. I was making some comments on the extensive coverage of the Apple IPad. I have done most of comments from my Palm Pre since the Engadget app came out. Today was no different than others. I was taking the train ride home from work, and making my daily comments not just on the IPad. Emails started to trickle in of replies. I was going to reply to the last comment, when I opened the link, it was mostly a blank Engadget page. At first I thought the page just didn't load. So I was almost home, and decided to do from my computer. The same thing started to happen on my home computer. I start to scroll through the blog only to see my post was gone. I posted another, people replied. Then poof gone again, you can see the comments from others but mine was gone. Then soon after I could not post at all. I looked up my account and saw it was empty, as if I have never posted anything.

    Sick of all the Apple news? We're here for you! -- Engadget
    engadget.com/2010/04/02/sick-of-all-the-apple-news-were-here-for-you/4#comments




    Here is one of the posts that I managed to save, it had 6 comments. The comments were deleted shortly after mine.


    There really isn't any other product\company that gets as much hype as Apple on Engadget. No matter how good or bad their product is. There is other "gadget" news to cover. I am sick of seeing it. I should not have use Engadgets blocker (engadget.com/exclude/Apple/rss.xml) Engadget. Grant it, it is not nearly as bad as Gizmodo. However, last time I checked these was TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog). TUAW is your Blog site for Apple releated products. Why is there no coverage in there? I should see more coverage in TUAW than the Engadget home page. When I visit Joystick.com I see video game news, that is not on the Engadget home page. I bet you we will not see the same type of coverage for the HP Slate. We didn't see it for the N1, Palm Pre, Win7, or other devices that changes how we use tech. This just help fuel Apples success, and makes other better products struggle. There has not been one day this week that Engadget has gone without posting something about the IPad most of the time there has been several posts. People do not just visit your site to see one product. There are many other sites we can get our daily fix. We are suppose to visit this site to get our daily feed of tech. I dare anyone to find a non Apple product that has gotten the same amount of coverage on Engadget two weeks before release. Does Engadget get kick backs from Apple for all these posts?


    This is really a bunch of crap!!! There are people that use profanity, and are just flat out rude. Yet my posts get removed. I have to make sure that I do not post any comments when my kids are around. Sometime it seems like the site should be rated R.
    I am sympathetic. The Press is in love with Apple...and it is easy "news." When they have a product launch, it is as if they created the niche...rather than packaged it attractively, closed it, and locked you into feeding it from just one store. I developed professionally for Macs for years and walked away because I got so tired of the closed ecosystem (anybody remember PowerComputing?)

    That said, it is not just Engadget. CNN and the Washington Post have continued and extended coverage of the iPad launch (just two non-tech news outlet examples). Engadget is just following suit...as are many other news outlets...in what will surely be a self-fulfilling prophecy of success for the device.

    Personally, I am waiting for the Slate (and its inherent openness for content...and compatibility with Flash, Silverlight, MS Office, etc.)....but do not doubt that Apple will own this space. Publishers are salivating at the prospect of having a relevant business model again for print media...and they are all in bed with Apple...as are the major web site and video content providers.

    And yes, there are many Apple fan-bois on Engadget and some of them are editors...but there are also other decent editors there who will probably rectify the issue if you let them know.

    BTW, it's "granted"...not "grant it"
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    Just look at how the Pre has faired on Engadget. The tollers just don't stop!!! Yet their comments remain. What does this say about Engadget? It says their reviews are biased, and cannot be trused to write a true review. I cannot wait to see what happens with the IPhone 4.0 comes out. Lets say it a different way. I cannot wait to see what happens 2 weeks before IPhone 4.0 comes out. I bet we are going to see the same thing on Engadget.
    No, it means the dynamics of Engadget are reflective of market realities.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    @PreSmurf
    Have I trolled, Yes! Did I troll today, Yes!!
    From the same article you trolled on:
    Quote Originally Posted by Engadget
    We will accept your silent refusal to comment on iPad posts as agreement to these terms and conditions, and reserve the right to straight jack trolls in the face with a sick nasty bannination.
    Am I missing something here? At least you didn't get banned
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Remember than Engadget is just a giant advertising company. As much as I want to work for Engadget, companies send them products to review because their reviews give them publicity and it's free advertising. Engadget if you've ever looked is owned by AOL Inc. so that explains alot about them. Granted I enjoy Engadget, but really if you were a business putting some new technology out there you would probably want to give Engadget it to review it so you can at least get your product out there.
    Yes, most people don't realize it is a AOL company. There is no way a free site, there is money behind it. They are the tech powerhouse of the internet. However they have just lost my trust.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    @PreSmurf
    I really hope this gets around. Engadget gets a lot of traffic. It's not like I just opened an account to troll. Have I trolled, Yes! Did I troll today, Yes!! Do I normally troll, No!! I was just getting really sick of see this IPad everywhere. Everywhere I turned today it was there, newspapers, on the trading floor TV's at my work, I could not escape. Engadget was my venting tool. I mean really the coverage on this pos is just so over blown I cannot take it.
    I completely understand about the ipad coverage, it is insane for such a crappy product. I mean its on colbert, letterman, their was a freakin 30-min episode of a sitcom dedicated to it (BTW the main charactor who wanted an ipad just seems like a complete loser in this episode), its all over gizmodo and engadget, its pretty sickening.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    From the same article you trolled on:


    Am I missing something here? At least you didn't get banned
    I made some comments on Engadget when they showed the inside of the IPad.

    I said the following.

    Wow this just gets even better. You can see the IPod Touch in there. New logo taken from Intel!!

    "IPod Touch Inside"

    $400 extra for a bigger screen and more plastic. No thank you. I will stick with my compact version, the IPod touch. Apple has come up with some great products and this isn't one of them


    I was later corrected.


    Plastic? Where is there plastic? It is made out of aluminum and glass.



    My reply


    You are right I stand corrected

    Wow, now that is some amazing engineering! They were able to stretch out the glass and aluminum. Now I can see the higher price.
  20. #20  
    If your mad that E deleted your comments or your upset about the number of apple posts then you need to get a real problem. It's that simple.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions