Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Yep I'm a pretty big comics nerd but the thought just occurred to me and I figured someone might be able to shed some light on it for me thanks
  2. #2  
  3.    #3  
    It kinda helps but to me those are all half-assed villains I mean the villain that is symbolic of him you know like Batman/Joker, Superman/Lex Luthor that kind
  4. #4  
    I think most folks would point to Professor Zoom or Captain Cold as the closest to arch-nemesis, although the Flash has a pretty large "Rogue's Gallery".
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5.    #5  
    There we go Professor Zoom fits the bill perfectly even has the bonus reverse color scheme costume thanks
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    It kinda helps but to me those are all half-assed villains I mean the villain that is symbolic of him you know like Batman/Joker, Superman/Lex Luthor that kind
    Just thinking out loud here but how about Steve Jobs, Apple, HTML5?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here but how about Steve Jobs, Apple, HTML5?
    LOL Bwahahahhahaha!
    Nice!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here but how about Steve Jobs, Apple, HTML5?
    To be completely honest, that's the first thing I thought of, especially after a recent Foxtrot comic.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here but how about Steve Jobs, Apple, HTML5?
    The entire reason I came into this thread was to post that comment.

    To go off topic from this Off Topic post, Apple will likely further the adoption of HTML5, but will have no affect on Flash's dominance of the coolest aspects of the internet.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    The entire reason I came into this thread was to post that comment.

    To go off topic from this Off Topic post, Apple will likely further the adoption of HTML5, but will have no affect on Flash's dominance of the coolest aspects of the internet.
    I disagree, Google is mostly in the HTML5 camp, Microsoft has paid lip service to HTML5, and Apple, for whatever reason is STRONGLY in the anti-flash camp, although they may make some concessions with the iPad, the release of the iPad has had many content providers bow to their HTML5 demands.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I disagree, Google is mostly in the HTML5 camp, Microsoft has paid lip service to HTML5, and Apple, for whatever reason is STRONGLY in the anti-flash camp, although they may make some concessions with the iPad, the release of the iPad has had many content providers bow to their HTML5 demands.
    If you've got links of your own, please provide them, but as recently as last week Google looks to be very much in the Flash camp, so to speak:
    Yep, Chrome OS Is Getting Deep Flash Integration Too
    Chrome OS to carry built-in Flash too | Electronista
    Chromium Blog: Bringing improved support for Adobe Flash Player to Google Chrome
    Chrome brings Flash Player into the fold, trains it to kill iPads? -- Engadget

    Adobe is pretty fond of Google, too. Check Google out in the logo cloud at the end:


    WP7 will not have Flash at launch, but Adobe seems to believe they'll have it eventually:
    Adobe confirms no Flash in Windows Mobile 7 (updated) -- Engadget

    All this said, HTML5 is about a decade overdue, so it should be adopted. And although HTML5 isn't any better at streaming video, Flash would be happy to offload video streaming. Flash, with games, cool websites and odd thing-a-ma-bobs that can only be done with Flash, will still dominate the internet. And iPad users will forever be missing out, because Apple is too obstinate to give in. Whatever other reasons there are, it would completely destroy their content model.
  12. #12  
    I didn't mean to hijack this post, but as the OP has already received this answer, how about I just apologize and we'll leave it at that.
  13. #13  
    It's the Trickster. Mark Hamill anyone?
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    It kinda helps but to me those are all half-assed villains I mean the villain that is symbolic of him you know like Batman/Joker, Superman/Lex Luthor that kind
    The Flash doesn't pick favorites....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Posting Permissions