April Fools....don't ya just hate it
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    this is kool if its real...... I sure Palm can whip up something to create the cool factor between both device.. Like boothtooth sync when within range to transfer data.. Touchstone for both.. Also projector on the slate and use the Pre as a remote... Now that's kool...
    its not real
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    April Fools....don't ya just hate it
    I don't see it happening because i don't beleive palm has the resources, but the article was posted march 31st... So it's not an april fools joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I don't see it happening because i don't beleive palm has the resources, but the article was posted march 31st... So it's not an april fools joke...
    early april fools joke then.

As I posted in the article's comments:
    I ran a search through the 10471 webOS 1.4.1.1 ROM files and through the 8888 webOS 1.4.1 SDK files for “foleo2″ with zero results.
    There's simply nothing backing up ANY of the claims
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    this is kool if its real...... I sure Palm can whip up something to create the cool factor between both device.. Like boothtooth sync when within range to transfer data.. Touchstone for both.. Also projector on the slate and use the Pre as a remote... Now that's kool...
    The charger would have to be a "Touch Boulder" with really strong magnet to hold something that big!
    LoL that's funny.

Touch boulder
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    This is funny too

April Fools: Palm to Release Treo 950p Smartphone with Legacy Palm OS

April Fools: Palm to Release Treo 950p Smartphone with Legacy Palm OS

and this one:

Nokia invests in Palm to work on a dual boot MeeGo / WebOS smartphone? WebOS to merge with MeeGo in 2012

Nokia invests in Palm to work on a dual boot MeeGo / WebOS smartphone? WebOS to merge with MeeGo in 2012 » Unwired View
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Ah, shades of fooleo. You know, come to think of it, now that they have a viable OS for a netbook type of device, the fooleo might not be such a foolish idea...

... yeah, you're right. It would still be foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Ah, shades of fooleo. You know, come to think of it, now that they have a viable OS for a netbook type of device, the fooleo might not be such a foolish idea...

... yeah, you're right. It would still be foolish.
    EVERY dollar ever expended by Palm toward the fooleo and any subsequent devices was a dollar wasted.

Tablet concepts have tantalized manufactures and developers for years -- all failed.

Should the ipad succeed, it will be because of the magical synergies of apple's marketing genius together with the 100s of thousands of applications and millions of users leveragible from the iphone. Users who have been primed to see the ipad concept and interface. Developers who are enthusiastically working on applications (and whose existing applications can be easily optimized for the ipad.)

Webos has NONE of that.
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/02/2010 at 01:43 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)