1.    #1  
    This is not a Republican thing or a Democrat thing. Its simply about an agenda perpetuated by some (not all) corrupt politicians in our Government as well as the mainstream media. We are being conditioned to believe that Iran is a threat. Many of you have probably never been there, but they are not much different than us. Regardless, (I hope I'm wrong) look for either a US or Israeili strike on LEGAL IAEA approved Nuclear facilities soon.

As Ron Paul has said many times. They don't hate us because we are free, they hate us because we are over there imposing our will. This is a great truth telling video.

I wonder what it will be? Maybe another false flag attack attempt like the brutal attack on the USS Liberty? I'm sure that was an attempt to bring the US into the 6 Day war.

Or perhaps another Gulf of Tonkin incident? This led to 58,000 Americans dead and 1.5 million Vietnamese deaths.
    Gulf of Tonkin Incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Yo,

jaja.

Is this really what you worry about?

Ben.

p.s. It's okay if you worry about things like this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbatteredben View Post
    Yo,

jaja.

Is this really what you worry about?

Ben.

p.s. It's okay if you worry about things like this.
    I'm certainly not worried about American Idol or Survivor.
    Maybe you need a hug? Those solve a lot of my problems, because I'm 3.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    So.... the mainstrain media is plotting to drive us to war with Iran. I find this very interesting.... I'm still trying to figure out what they get out of it? Ratings which will drive up revenues?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    So.... the mainstrain media is plotting to drive us to war with Iran. I find this very interesting.... I'm still trying to figure out what they get out of it? Ratings which will drive up revenues?
    I'm not saying that they're "plotting" to drive us into war, but they are certainly influencing us into believing that Iran is a threat that needs to be eliminated. The why? I can only guess. If you watched the video, you would see that Iran has complied with ALL of the IAEA's requests even though they have not signed the treaty. Pakistan, North Korea and Israel haven't signed the treaty either. In fact, the IAEA estimates that Israel has up to 200 nuclear weapons to Iran's zero.
    Iran has repeatedly stated that they want to develop their own energy and not rely on other sources such as Russia. Remember, a good portion of their nation lacks simple everyday things that we take for granted. AC for example, they lack the ability to provide AC for much of their country. They do not want to go to war with the US or Israel despite what our media says, they want to provide power to accomodate their population.

Americans are sold to believe that all Iranians are a bunch of Islamic Terrorists heck bent on the destruction of Israel. It's simply not true. When I was at AU, I was fortunate to travel to Israel (including Gaza), Iran and China. The media distorts our relations with these nations. In the case of Iran, I believe that they want to hold on to a part of their Islamic culture, though from what I saw, many of the people know and are able to watch American movies and listen to our music. They are not that much different than us, and they have less crime....Though they are far from perfect, which is why I love the US so much and hate to see the direction we are headed. I truly believe that we are the best Nation on earth, but are headed in the wrong direction.

In terms of the media, there are many similiarities to when they sold us on Iraq. Many say that Faux News Channel is the propaganda wing of the Republican Party. What I personally believe is that because they have separated a majority of the people into 2 distinct groups (Republicans and Democrats), the mainstream media sells disinfo to each group depending on their political ideology (CNN and MSNBC). A whopping 95% of the mainstream media is controlled by just 5 corporations.
    Time Warner
    VIACOM
    Vivendi Universal
    Walt Disney
    News Corp

They own nearly all of the major entertainment theme parks, entertainment movie studios, television and radio broadcast networks and programing, video news and sports entertainment and events. They also own integrated telecommunications, wireless phones, video games and the software, electronic media, the music industry etc..

Why they do this? Ratings? Maybe. War sells. Propaganda? Maybe. Nobody knows but the real bosses of this nation.

Do you really believe that media doesn't influence society?