1.    #1  
    So whenever i'm in my rec room i have my acer netbook hooked up to my TV with a VGA cable and a 3.5 mm sound cable.
    HOWEVER! dot, dot, dot

When i'm in my bedroom i have no way to watch stuff on the old CRT i have in there. the stuff i watch is always either in Flash or Divx (or i suppose xvid). Also, my netbook doesn't have an s-vid out.

So i'm looking for the cheapest way to send video from my laptop to my TV, but if it includes the use of an external video card, would it be strong enough to decode flash or divx?

Thanks
    there are usb adapters that have vdeo out for a cable to the tv, and there are some newer and more expensve wirelless transmitters.
    how far is the bedroom? My HTComputer Livingroom doubles as my office PC (main computer is a Mac) (living room office share a wall, drilled a hole through)but I have vga splitter with am (monoprice) but that will only work if you are close in proximity (50ft)
    Try this. Grandtec USA PC to Video EZ GEZ-1000 VGA Interface. It supports and has Composite and S-Video outputs, VGA IN and VGA OUT for simultaneous TV/CRT viewing. The one you need is Composite (video out).
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    composite? I don't mean to be rude but you know what s-video or composite looks like on a crt?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    composite? I don't mean to be rude but you know what s-video or composite looks like on a crt?
    What would you call a video in/out jack. If the OP has at least a video in which 80% of the standard CRT type TV's have had that were made in the past 12-14 years, the issue is solved. If an RF connection is the ONLY option then I would just get a new TV. The RF generators that work for any length of time are a good 70+ cost.

And as far as looks. Again it would be better to just watch a laptop or save for a new flat screen.

Another thing is if you have cable or sat, then just get this stereo computer monitor. It has sound and all the jacks you need. Even HDMI for the cable/sat box. it is also only around 140.00 I use two of these on my computer repair bench.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/29/2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!