Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A Turning Point For Tea Party And The GOP?

Thousands of Tea Party activists are expected to descend on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's tiny hometown of Searchlight, Nev., on Saturday for an anti-Washington rally headlined by former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
    This is going to be very telling. Two things are of great importance here; firstly, will the Tea Party folk continue to provide extreme images to the media, particularly given the rabid reaction to the passage of health care, or will they police their own. If they continue to present as extremists, the general public will continue to write them off as whack-a-moles and possibly the Rebulican party as a result of their association.

Which brings up the second important point of this Saturday, will the Republican party be able to harness/control this Tea Party madness they've created? Will Fox News' monster tap dance in step for the media glare or will it snarl and appear menacing thus reflecting poorly on it's Republican Party creator?

I think the whack-a-moles will show up and get plenty of media play but the Republicans simply can't afford to dissociate themselves from the Tea Party folks, cause it's their base. But cozying up to the extremists will lose them the middle and thus the landslide they where expecting in 2010.
  2. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    A Turning Point For Tea Party And The GOP?

This is going to be very telling. Two things are of great importance here; firstly, will the Tea Party folk continue to provide extreme images to the media, particularly given the rabid reaction to the passage of health care, or will they police their own. If they continue to present as extremists, the general public will continue to write them off as whack-a-moles and possibly the Rebulican party as a result of their association.

Which brings up the second important point of this Saturday, will the Republican party be able to harness/control this Tea Party madness they've created? Will Fox News' monster tap dance in step for the media glare or will it snarl and appear menacing thus reflecting poorly on it's Republican Party creator?

I think the whack-a-moles will show up and get plenty of media play but the Republicans simply can't afford to dissociate themselves from the Tea Party folks, cause it's their base. But cozying up to the extremists will lose them the middle and thus the landslide they where expecting in 2010.
    Your premise isn't a fact, but an accusation in itself. "Republican party Creator" is your claim and nothing more.

Your "police their own" premise is also forwarding a false concept--that individuals have the power to police other individuals.

Another question to ask is if efforts similar to those we've seen here, smearing innocent people with the actions of a few, will be perpetrated by the media against these people.

What's clear is that people (like you) are making attempts to do exactly what you present here as questions. It's been demonstrated here again and again.

What's likely is that leftist propagandists will continue to portray people who they disagree with (Tea Party Protesters) in the most extreme way possible, including labeling them with a name referring to a sexual act, projecting the actions of a few on the whole, and making connections that don't actually exist.

These propagandists will also forward the false notion that an innocent person or group is responsible for "policing" individuals, and proactively denying any bad actions that individuals might engage in. They will be blamed for violent acts, using guilt-by-association.

What's clear is that the Freedom of these people to Protest is under attack by those that want them silenced. Smear tactics will be used against them, they will be subjected to wild accusations, and have what they are doing distorted by propagandists of various stripes.

These people should be very careful, because they are now the targets of very both professional, and street level propagandists who are determined to silence them, either literally or by smearing them.

Have you ever heard of "telegraphing"?

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Funny when the leftist elements show up at events that are violent or brash and unruly, the media, and people like you, are oddly silent.

And Tea Party isn't the Republican base. You might wish to research the movement a bit closer. In fact, they have a much broader tent than the Republicans, and include many liberals, libertarians, and independants.

Remember that many Republicans were for the bailouts and bank takeovers - the very issues that kicked the Tea Party off to begin with.

Why is the media and the bloggers so bent on tying them together?
    Last edited by Micael; 03/25/2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: speeling erorr
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Funny when the leftist elements show up at events that are violent or brash and unruly, the media, and people like you, are oddly silent.

And Tea Party isn't the Republican base. You might wish to research to movement a bit closer. In fact, they have a much broader tent than the Republicans, and include many liberals, libertarians, and independants.

Remember that many Republicans were for the bailouts and bank takeovers - the very issues that kicked the Tea Party off to begin with.

Well, it seems pretty obvious, this is a shared goal, perhaps coordinated goal. It's what propagandists do, when they are faced with something that threatens their position--they set loose the dogs. Facts and Accuracy aren't the goal--destroying the target is.

KAM
    And Tea Party isn't the Republican base. You might wish to research the movement a bit closer. In fact, they have a much broader tent than the Republicans, and include many liberals, libertarians, and independants.

I looked around for a while and could find nothing that agrees with your comments. Maybe you can provide some details about the "many liberals" that are included in the Tea Party movement. Funny....I haven't met any.
    The idea that the Tea Party isn't overwhelmingly Republican is simply factually incorrect:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34913.html

74% Republican or leaning
    16% Dem or lean
    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    I think a major point that many people forget to recognize is that many Tea-partiers do not consider themselves Republican. I know republicans like to assume that, but this could cause more Republican in-party fighting than anything else.

What I'm hoping will happen is the Republican party will split into two seperate parties. Libertarian and Republican. That way there is now a 3rd party in America. I would love to see that.

That would be absolutely fine with me. Maybe we would get some republicans who would be willing to work in a bipartisan manner again if they didn't have to worry about the wacko base.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    That would be absolutely fine with me. Maybe we would get some republicans who would be willing to work in a bipartisan manner again if they didn't have to worry about the wacko base.
    They don't want to split their vote, so have to pander to the fringe, unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The idea that the Tea Party isn't overwhelmingly Republican is simply factually incorrect:

Poll: Tea partiers like GOP - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

74% Republican or leaning
    16% Dem or lean
    A Quinnipiac University Poll? Lol. Whatever...

I was responding to his assertion that the tea baggers where the republican's core, which isn't correct. Not even close. You give me a poll by Quinnipiac University that indicates that 70% "lean" that way - that is, many of thier beliefs and principle are aligned, perhaps. That doesn't make them the party core, just that they're in agreement on some things.

The Republican "core" are just that, the Republican "core". They are those that define the platform of the party. This is hardly the role of the tea party (which isn't an actual registered party - its a movement).
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    The country sees the Tea Party as made up of the right winger, and thus part of the Republican Party. The Tea Party's National Convention was headlined by Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin. The Tea Party is supporting Republican candidates in election primaries instead of fielding Tea Party-specific candidates. The Tea Party has Republican **** Armey organizing so many of the protests.

It's hilarious when Republicans, trying to disassociate itself from the Tea Party's extremist actions, claim, "They aren't us." Oh, yes they are!

How many people who regularly voted Democratic have joined the Tea Party???

Teabaggers are just extremist Right-wing Republicans who are unhappy that their regular party failed to take policy as far right as they wanted (which is why they chant that Bush was not a true Conservative).
    I'm sorry. I tried to respond to this. But it's so full of venomous slurs, gross inaccuracies, and misinformation, that I've giving up. All I'm left with is to say, "Wrong".
  11. KAM1138
    And the reactions speak for themselves. It seems apparent that the left is quite worried about these Tea party folks.

It's also interesting to note that there would be absolutely no cause for concern whatsoever if these folks WERE just a bunch of Republicans, because that the Republican party wouldn't be gaining anything.

Exactly how big are those "leans" groups anyway--THAT'S where this panic and need to attack these people comes from.

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Gross inaccuracies? Name one.
    Just one? Thats it? Ok, that the Republican Party and the Tea Party is one in the same.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    When a group of racists and homophobes gain the national spotlight, we should all be worrried.
    Ah, there's another gross inaccuracy. The tea party is a group of racists and homophobes? You're on a roll!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    I'm ready for November to come around. Nothing bad can come of it.

1. Democrats keep their majorities and keep turning out results for the American people

2. Republicans win some seats, maybe take a majority in the senate. They cant repeal anything without a veto-proof majority (which is rediculous to think will happen), but now they are responsible for actually providing some bills. I guess they can keep holding up the process, but it will just reinforce to the American people what little they have to offer.

Political majorities go in swings so it is likely the republicans will pick up some seats. But its better to have that in 2010 and show the people what they're made up of before we get to 2012, where it really matters.

Can Republicans keep up the anger/fearmongering for 2.5 more years? doubtful
    Can republicans offer anything to help america? maybe. Have they showed that yet? nope.

I think it is equally important to note that no matter how low the Democrats favorability rating gets, the republicans are consistently still below them. Quite a stretch to say they will pick up A LOT of seats come November. But if they do, we'll show them how democracy works, by solving our issues over discussion, not violence.
    Spoken like a true partisan. Good job with the talking points! Know anything truthful?
    Just one? Thats it? Ok, that the Republican Party and the Tea Party is one in the same.
    If that's the case you need to also separate bleeding heart liberals from the Democratic party.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Considering their nasty actions over the last few days, I'm very comfortable calling Tea Baggers racists and homophobes.

They really revealed their true colors.
    So it's a name calling contest. Nice. Not based in reality, but whatever makes you feel good is ok, even if it's wrong.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    They are--just look at the politicians the Tea Party has to speak for them and the political candidates they support.

They're Republicans with a different name.
    You're refusing to admit or see what's been explained numerous times now. Honestly zelgo, if you don't know by now the difference between the two, I can't help you.

But it's your opinion, so that's cool.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If that's the case you need to also separate bleeding heart liberals from the Democratic party.
    Exactly. It's wrong to call those one in the same. My grandfather was a Democrat to his core, and the last thing you'd call him ever was a bleeding heart.

The tea party is a movement of people that are aligned and focused on some very specific issues.

The Republican party is a platform with a much broader agenda and scope. Some of them are on board with the tea party movement, some of them are not.
  19. KAM1138
    I will agree that the left finds Tea Partiers worrisome--just as they find the KKK worrisome. When a group of racists and homophobes gain the national spotlight, we should all be worrried.

The Republicans are getting cover with the Tea Party. Although the Tea Party is just a bunch of right-winged Republicans, when they do crazy stuff like attacking politicians homes and offices, using racial and homophobic slurs, and spit on politicians, Republicans just say, "well, they are not from my party!"
    Thanks for demonstrating how panicked you are. Listen to some sage advice from President Obama--"Don't get all Wee-wee'ed up."

KAM
    You're refusing to admit or see what's been explained numerous times now. Honestly zelgo, if you don't know by now the difference between the two, I can't help you.

But it's your opinion, so that's cool.
    What party do you think is the closest to the Tea Baggers when it comes to values and beliefs? There is no doubt they sit farther right than left, which puts them more Republican like than Democrat like IMO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast