Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Seriously, I'm sure you did. Where was this? Now I'm starting to get ****ed at the TP, if you're right that there were hundreds....
    Dude they've been carrying that thing around for a while.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    daThomas would never exaggerate....he's a moderator, that would set a very bad example.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I would recommend Pat Buchanan. I have to admit to respecting him when watching the Sunday news shows because he has half a brain in his head and says smart things most of the time, even if I disagree with him. This is in stark contrast to all the other conservative talking heads who get their marching order talking points and stay right on that message on sundays. Yup I'm looking at you Monica Crowley.
    When he ran for president I thought he was somewhat of a "protectionist" - meaning that we was for restricting access of foriegn companies to us markets. Am I remembering that wrong? I seem to remember him being somewhat of a populist, but coming accross as a little bit radical.

But, I haven't watched the sunday morning parade in many years. The always struck me as the original versions of what is now rampant on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox.

They all give me such a headache. Maybey I'll watch once just to see what you are talking about. Are they on Hulu? I'm usually at church on Sunday mornings.

Back at ya
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Riiiggghhhttttt. Tell me, do you recognize any of these statements? And this is just from this thread, not the other teabagger thread. I got bored after a while, because just about every post of yours is "defending those people". Can you spell "apologist"?

Right. You're not defending them.
    Hey, you can be pretty articulate when you stay away from the topic of healthcare...
    I'm sure you disagree with him as well, but what do you think about Mike Huckabee? Just curious.
    Actually, I was pretty impressed with Huckabee. I actually voted for him in the primary. However, he has been labeled as "religious right" enough that I'd be surprised if he would be effective in any major election. I haven't heard anything from him since I ditched cable. I just don't have the energy to watch the news much. It's exhausting.

Unfortunately he seems to have been lumped in with nut jobs like Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell. Both of whom did soooo much damage by shooting their mouths off.

I'd like to see Huchabee and JC Watts run together. They'd be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hey, you can be pretty articulate when you stay away from the topic of healthcare...
    And you'd be more accurate about that if you knew anything about health care....:-p
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Stupak: Health fight has been 'living hell’ - TheHill.com

Read what the article is saying but, for some bizarre reason, doesn't come out and explicitly state. Stupak is getting hammered by people on the Left because he's a road block standing in the way of "change". Getting spit on? Getting harassing phone calls at home? Man, if the Tea Party did that kind of stuff you guys would be on it like flies on... well, you see what I'm getting at.
    That must be the media conveniently leaving out anything that would conflict with their habit of embarrasing republicans. Hopefully you cahn find an article from a credible source that confirms he is being attacked from the left. That would be something worth bringing to the attention of those that keep whining about the tea party.

We know there are kooks on all sides, even if we don't see that on the evening news. You definitley need to read "Biased" by Bernard Goldberg. Fascinating book, and not what you'd expect from the title.
    Gee, never seen any racist stuff like that from the left....

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, that's funny, I don't care who ya are.
    And you'd be more accurate about that if you knew anything about health care....:-p
    Don't start with me now. I can't afford the medicine for contolling bload pressure...
    A Nashville teacher and his 10-year-old daughter were rammed off the road by another driver who was apparently enraged by the Obama bumper sticker on their car.

Mark Duren had just picked his daughter up from school on Thursday afternoon when he noticed the driver of the SUV behind his car honking and gesturing angrily at the Obama sticker on the right bumper ofhis car. Duren shrugged and moved through the intersection, but spotted the SUV accelerating toward him on a quiet residential street near Belmont University. The other driver rear-ended the right bumper repeatedly, obliteriting part of the bumper sticker and forcing the car off the road. He then sped away.
    The driver, 70-year-old Harry Weisiger of Nashville, fled the scene and was arrested in a nearby grocery store parking lot. He has been charged with two counts of reckless endangerment, driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.
    Be careful what you have on your car, apparently. Of course, there's always the chance it was just a teabagger democrat. NOT.

Nashville Tennessean
    Yo davidra....you do have a sense of humor! I knew it was in there some where.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Be careful what you have on your car, apparently. Of course, there's always the chance it was just a teabagger democrat. NOT.

Nashville Tennessean
    I'm just glad it didn't happen in SC....of course....the day ain't over yet and I am drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Its also interesting--at the 5th Anniversary of 9/11 I happened to be in New York City, and the "free speech zone" was apparently...well anywhere, including feet from where the President's vehicles were (I happened to be in a car nearby--having nothing to do with any of the political activities). So, it should be noted that while these "Zones" are used, it certainly is not a constant thing. So, clearly Protestors WERE near President Bush.

For the record--I'm not for that in any case.

KAM
    You cant pay me to believe that. Bush was never in public like that while president, where you just happen to be driving by him. I was in galveston for ike when he made an appearance, go tell someone else that garbage. Until Obama he was the most protected man in history.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    More importantly, what does it prove to get into a "who's more hateful" shouting match? How about who is right? Lets focus on that for a while, what do you guys say?

(crickets)
    Guess you just haven't been paying attention for the past year or so....signs like "We're unarmed....this time"...or
    "If Brown can't stop it, maybe Browning can". Or people showing up armed at Obama rallies. How quickly (and conveniently) they forget.

Spend a little of your "valuable" time and you'll find many more examples of violent signs and attitudes at teabagger meetings. Haven't you seen them there yourself?
    Signs can be violent? And attitudes? Oooh scary.
    I had no idea a sign could get violent. They should make "no trespassing" signs from the violent stuff. Then you wouldnt need guard dogs. The signs could do the whole job.
    There may be a whole new business opportunity here. The recession just might be over!! Who wants to invest?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Signs can be violent? And attitudes? Oooh scary.
    I had no idea a sign could get violent. They should make "no trespassing" signs from the violent stuff. Then you wouldnt need guard dogs. The signs could do the whole job.
    There may be a whole new business opportunity here. The recession just might be over!! Who wants to invest?
    I'd rather have a sign in my face than be spat upon or harassed in my home like the Leftists are doing to Stupak.
    I saw hundreds of TPs carrying that image.
    No picture, no proof. Cmon you know you would take a picture of that.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Your distasteful slur is getting to be a bit tedious. The Tea Party isn't actually a party. They're a movement focused on 2 or 4 major issues. They include people who are members of numerous parties, and some without affiliation.

Now to describe them, like you did in the second part of your post, as largely being right of center.... I can agree with you. I'm just not buying that they're the Republican party.... because they're not. It's that simple. Apples and oranges.
    I never called them a party. I said what party their beliefs are closest to.

I also never said they are part of the Republican party. No need to call me distasteful.

Just because I am from the most liberal part of America (SF Bay) doesn't mean I agree with everything that goes on here.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yo davidra....you do have a sense of humor! I knew it was in there some where.
    Put me in the right setting with a guitar and a single malt and I'm a volcano of hilarity.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast