Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 222
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I support conservative positions, but I haven't found a person or party that seems to be able to communicate a position without embarassing me. I resent that.
    I would recommend Pat Buchanan. I have to admit to respecting him when watching the Sunday news shows because he has half a brain in his head and says smart things most of the time, even if I disagree with him. This is in stark contrast to all the other conservative talking heads who get their marching order talking points and stay right on that message on sundays. Yup I'm looking at you Monica Crowley.
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Again--you are under the mistaken impression that I've been here defending these people. I've been pointing out the hypocrisy of those wailing about these people while happily accepting (or engaging in) it themselves--when it comes from their side of things.

    KAM
    I hear you. I just think it's easier to concede the point and get them to move on. The more we point out that they shouldn't label and make sweeping generalities, the more they feel the freedom to do so. I think it's more productive to just ignore them...

    I'm with ya, mostly.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I would recommend Pat Buchanan. I have to admit to respecting him when watching the Sunday news shows because he has half a brain in his head and says smart things most of the time, even if I disagree with him. This is in stark contrast to all the other conservative talking heads who get their marching order talking points and stay right on that message on sundays. Yup I'm looking at you Monica Crowley.
    I'm sure you disagree with him as well, but what do you think about Mike Huckabee? Just curious.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    They could prove me wrong on Sat. If they're smart they will as they know the media is going to focus on the event looking for whether they're still using their racist, violence threatening rhetoric or if they've learned a lesson and are now policing themselves. (And yes, smart organizations have rules of conduct for their members)
    Really--exactly what membership organization are you referring to? What structure is there for people to attend these things?

    It wouldn't matter if they did "police themselves", there could still be some random jerk acting up, and you'd point to it as if it represented the whole group. That's exactly what I think you are hoping happens.

    The fact that no one has yet produced any evidence of these racist attacks is a pretty strong indication that it WASN'T common at all, given they DID have media attention on them. But I'm sure all it will take is one.

    KAM
  5. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I hear you. I just think it's easier to concede the point and get them to move on. The more we point out that they shouldn't label and make sweeping generalities, the more they feel the freedom to do so. I think it's more productive to just ignore them...
    I wish it was productive to ignore them, but they don't give up or move on--they persist with these attacks. HERE ALONE there is a constant drumbeat attacking anyone that doesn't go along with what they demand.

    They have already engaged in sweeping generalities without any attempt at objectivity--where do they go from there?

    They claim they are for making people accountable--when will THEY ever be held accountable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm with ya, mostly.
    Reread my actual posts without having them colored by those I'm talking to, and you might agree even more.

    Now, I go.

    KAM
  6. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    OK then, in the interest of fairness. Please site some recent liberal activities similar to those of the tea party's?
    Stupak: Health fight has been 'living hellā€™ - TheHill.com

    Read what the article is saying but, for some bizarre reason, doesn't come out and explicitly state. Stupak is getting hammered by people on the Left because he's a road block standing in the way of "change". Getting spit on? Getting harassing phone calls at home? Man, if the Tea Party did that kind of stuff you guys would be on it like flies on... well, you see what I'm getting at.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Stupak: Health fight has been 'living hellā€™ - TheHill.com

    Read what the article is saying but, for some bizarre reason, doesn't come out and explicitly state. Stupak is getting hammered by people on the Left because he's a road block standing in the way of "change". Getting spit on? Getting harassing phone calls at home? Man, if the Tea Party did that kind of stuff you guys would be on it like flies on... well, you see what I'm getting at.
    What do you have against flies you HATER!?! You fly HATER!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Really--exactly what membership organization are you referring to? What structure is there for people to attend these things?

    It wouldn't matter if they did "police themselves", there could still be some random jerk acting up, and you'd point to it as if it represented the whole group. That's exactly what I think you are hoping happens.

    The fact that no one has yet produced any evidence of these racist attacks is a pretty strong indication that it WASN'T common at all, given they DID have media attention on them. But I'm sure all it will take is one.

    KAM
    Come on Kam. All those freaking witch doctor posters don't smack of racist to you?
  9. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    What do you have against flies you HATER!?! You fly HATER!
    I am! I'm a firm believer that humans are a superior species to flies and that we should preserve the human species. I'm completely against all forms of species-mixing, inter-species marriage and even allowing other species to eat in our restaurants. Does that make me a bad persons???
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #150  
    Gee, never seen any racist stuff like that from the left....

    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Gee, never seen anything like that from the left....

    Two wrongs sir? tet tet tet

    He wanted tea party examples there ya go.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Well, given that I haven't spent time defending Beck, other than asking some questions related to others accusations, your entire analysis really doesn't apply well to anything I've been saying here.

    I'm not sure what you are reading that makes you believe that I've defended anyone's "vitriol" at all. You're off base here. Perhaps you are listening to the people responding to things I didn't say.



    Again--you are under the mistaken impression that I've been here defending these people. I've been pointing out the hypocrisy of those wailing about these people while happily accepting (or engaging in) it themselves--when it comes from their side of things.


    KAM
    Riiiggghhhttttt. Tell me, do you recognize any of these statements? And this is just from this thread, not the other teabagger thread. I got bored after a while, because just about every post of yours is "defending those people". Can you spell "apologist"?

    What's clear is that the Freedom of these people to Protest is under attack by those that want them silenced. Smear tactics will be used against them, they will be subjected to wild accusations, and have what they are doing distorted by propagandists of various stripes.

    These people should be very careful, because they are now the targets of very both professional, and street level propagandists who are determined to silence them, either literally or by smearing them.

    Well, I agree with that, I just find it strange that "dissent" is such a glorious virtue when the left does it, but its a call to violence and target for intimidation when those on the right do it. They're digging in the leftists' ditch I know.
    Rather they are engaging in smear tactics, attempting to create an image that people will shy away from, because no one wants to be associated with something bad. That's why leftist propagandists are working so hard to project the image of violence and racism, etc on this whole group of people, despite the fact that this is not representative of the vast majority of these people.
    Well, many of them definitely have specific conservative views--namely a stated respect for the Constitution and the concept of limited government and fiscal conservatism.

    But the propaganda that has been pushed by Nancy Pelosi, the White House, and now all the minions is that this is "astroturf" or illegitimate in some way.

    As I said above--this isn't a literal attempt to "silence" these people--rather it is a concerted effort (as evidenced by the constant drumbeat that you are all following faithfully) to disparage these people in any way you can, using any tool available, from guilt by association (a mainstay) to outright fabrications repeated endlessly.
    Exactly, what are you claiming is a "violent statement" by Beck or Limbaugh? I heard Beck on the way home today on the Radio, and he specifically was talking about Peaceful methods--calling for people to follow the model of MLK and Ghandi. That stands in direct contrast to what you seem to be claiming.
    And exactly how is this any different from what leftists said about Bush for 8 years? Excepting of course they focused on the ****/fascist label. I seem to recall that Bush was continually called a War Criminal, and as you saw in that link--violence against the former President was quite specific.
    But that's the exact goal--to smear ALL Tea Party people claiming they DO represent the whole. That is literally what we've been seeing here, and elsewhere. Smear innocent people with the actions of a few, while ignoring that the same sort of bad actions occur on the other side as well.
    The Tea Party movement is somewhat of a "flash" but calling it a mob mischaracterizes it quite badly. There have been no "mob" actions, with people in large numbers out of control acting violently.

    Whether you think their political views are legitimate or not is another issue, and one of opinion.

    In reality--they are a bunch of individual Americans unhappy with what their government is doing, and they are voicing their opinion--the vast majority in a peaceful, lawful manner. For their trouble, they are being smeared as violent, racist, homophobic (I'm sure I'm missing a few slurs) mob.

    You don't have to agree with them, but they don't deserve the slander that has been heaped on them either. For those bad actors--great, call them out, but remember--those people represent themselves.
    Right. You're not defending them.
  13. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Two wrongs sir? tet tet tet

    He wanted tea party examples there ya go.
    And who is spitting on whom?

    See my earlier post...
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Does anyone have the video or audio of the racist comments made by the Tea Partiers? I mean, there were TONS of recorders, cameras, pdas, cell phones running and ON at the time. I've missed the link. Anyone?
    easy enough...





    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Two wrongs sir? tet tet tet

    He wanted tea party examples there ya go.
    jl cauvin is a tea party leader? a member? what? I can see he's a comedian. I searched all over his site and must have missed it. Help me out here. Wheres the connection between that image and the tea party?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    jl cauvin is a tea party leader? a member? what? I can see he's a comedian. I searched all over his site and must have missed it. Help me out here. Wheres the connection between that image and the tea party?
    I saw hundreds of TPs carrying that image.
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I saw hundreds of TPs carrying that image.
    Seriously, I'm sure you did. Where was this? Now I'm starting to get ****ed at the TP, if you're right that there were hundreds....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Seriously, I'm sure you did. Where was this? Now I'm starting to get ****ed at the TP, if you're right that there were hundreds....
    I'd be ****ed if there were even only 99.
    95 or less, I'd be ok.
    Just call me Berd.
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Seriously, I'm sure you did. Where was this? Now I'm starting to get ****ed at the TP, if you're right that there were hundreds....
    daThomas would never exaggerate....he's a moderator, that would set a very bad example.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    daThomas would never exaggerate....he's a moderator, that would set a very bad example.
    You're right.

    I think we'd better add 'don't exaggerate' to the forum guidelines.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions