Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    They weren't allowed anywhere near where Bush was speaking...they had to stay in their "free speech zones", far from Bush. Can you imagine Obama doing that...they'd all say he was putting them in FEMA's concentration camps.
    Yeah, I think they were forced 1-2 miles away from bush.

, this one is terrible imo

3. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Really? Did you see a lot of the lefties packing heat in places where Bush was speaking? Lots of liberals calling for their minions to go out and break windows in republican local offices? Any hateful comments about Bush being a white man? Tell me, did they send massive numbers of cretins to hang out at Haster's house, or Gingrich's house?
    Well, actually, leftists DO break windows--in their mob action at anti-globalizations rallies for example. They apparently shoot at the Minority Whip's office as well. Honest people however will acknowledge that is a subset of the whole--a group of troublemakers.

I'm not sure if there were "cretins" sent to Hastert's or Gingrich's house, but Leftist protesters hung around President Bush's Ranch all the time, as well as Rumsfeld's home.

So...yeah, kooks on all sides. Too bad many people here aren't willing to be honest enough to admit that, and instead choose to HELP inflame things with a bunch of continued accusations, against people who have done nothing wrong.

KAM
  4. KAM1138
    They weren't allowed anywhere near where Bush was speaking...they had to stay in their "free speech zones", far from Bush. Can you imagine Obama doing that...they'd all say he was putting them in FEMA's concentration camps.
    Actually the same sort of thing was used by Democrats at the 1988 National Convention in Atlanta and when President Clinton was in office.

But of course, the biased propagandists want to pretend that this sort of thing is an invention of the Bush Administration. Yet another distortion.

Its also interesting--at the 5th Anniversary of 9/11 I happened to be in New York City, and the "free speech zone" was apparently...well anywhere, including feet from where the President's vehicles were (I happened to be in a car nearby--having nothing to do with any of the political activities). So, it should be noted that while these "Zones" are used, it certainly is not a constant thing. So, clearly Protestors WERE near President Bush.

For the record--I'm not for that in any case.

KAM
  5. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by yepyep123 View Post
    Actually, the police dept concluded their investigation of the bullet that was shot at "the minority whip's office window"....apparently someone shot a bullet into the air, and when it came down it struck his office's window.

hahaha....i mean, even i wasnt expecting to hear that on the news last night.
    So, and INDIRECT shot is acceptable? Here's the point, this sort of thing is apparently not a problem when Republicans are targets.

Let's look at another Democrat--Bart Stupak. He was subjected to all sorts of threats when he was threatening to help kill this bill, but suddenly--when he supports is--the threats are a problem. Total hypocrisy.

KAM
  6. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    So the crux of what your saying Kam is, the tea group, notice i did not call them tea baggers or the tea party, are a movement of individuals? Who are only responsible for their actions on a case by case basis.
    That the call to arms, or the use of the n word, the threats of violence, etc etc, are only to be blamed on the person who uttered them or made the overt threat.

Hmmm, so there are no county, state, or national organizers, these people are spontaneously showing up at a given site.
    Sure, there are all sorts of organizers of various scale and scope. People are responsible for their own actions--what's so hard to understand about that?

However, apparently the demands are working:
    FOXNews.com - Tea Party Leaders Condemn, Disown Threats Against Lawmakers

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    A Turning Point For Tea Party And The GOP?

This is going to be very telling. Two things are of great importance here; firstly, will the Tea Party folk continue to provide extreme images to the media, particularly given the rabid reaction to the passage of health care, or will they police their own. If they continue to present as extremists, the general public will continue to write them off as whack-a-moles and possibly the Rebulican party as a result of their association.

Which brings up the second important point of this Saturday, will the Republican party be able to harness/control this Tea Party madness they've created? Will Fox News' monster tap dance in step for the media glare or will it snarl and appear menacing thus reflecting poorly on it's Republican Party creator?

I think the whack-a-moles will show up and get plenty of media play but the Republicans simply can't afford to dissociate themselves from the Tea Party folks, cause it's their base. But cozying up to the extremists will lose them the middle and thus the landslide they where expecting in 2010.
    If they act like idiots (racial slurs and threatening rhetoric) I think that will eliminate Palin from a serious political future.

And probably be more divisive the the GOP than Ross Perot was...
  8. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So they are happy being cannon fodder for "leftist" ridicule? that is their master plan?
    WOW, amazing reversal, and really nonsensical statement. Somehow the victims of the ridicule are now responsible for it? Ridiculous.

Of course you're not...
    Why would I accept your hyperbole as if it is fact.

If you feel like labeling me a "leftist", you should have no problem with your "neocon" moniker...
    The difference is that I'm not a neocon. If you're not a leftist, I apologize for mislabeling you.

Yes, "leftist" is a term used by "neocons" to label those who oppose them. It is not as pure and innocent as you would like to believe. As far as teabagging being considered "perverted", who is to judge what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom?
    Neocon and leftist aren't pejoratives, the are labels. "Teabagger" is being used as a pejorative term, because it IS considered bizarre and perverted by the general public. Please don't pretend you're calling people this for any other reason.

LMAO So a few teabaggers act up and it does not represent the whole movement, BUT, an even fewer number of the left act up during the Bush years, not even near the same level, and ALL of the left is bad????
    No, I didn't say that at all. In fact, MY point applies to everyone on all sides. That's what I'm saying--you CAN'T broad brush people. Well, YOU can, but I think its wrong.

It is not right when ANYONE acts out like this. Please point out where I have defended any civil disobedience.
    Your outrage is selective, and not needing to stretch back to the Bush Administration either. This nonsense is taking place on both sides currently, yet somehow we've got people conveniently ignoring the nonsense on their side, while screaming about it on the other.

Unlike you and the "Tea Klanners", I fully understand that my posting here sets me up for debate, ridicule and whatever else may come my way. I am more then comfortable with that.
    Well, what I don't have to tolerate is you calling me a "klanner".

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    See prior posts, particularly about Pelosi trying to get the Tea Party to kill her.
    That's only an obscure reference. Not the full transcript of what he said. Care to actually back up your accusation with fully disclosure and facts? Guess not. Fail.
    When someone in a position as a moderator tells posters to "shut up" or "drop it", IMO that is abusing their perceived authority as a mod. Feel free to disagree with me, but please don't tell me what I can or can't post unless I'm breaking a rule.
    That wasn't a request based on my role as moderator, and we both know it. Spare us the victim melodrama. You simply won't deliver.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    That's only an obscure reference. Not the full transcript of what he said. Care to actually back up your accusation with fully disclosure and facts? Guess not. Fail.

That wasn't a request based on my role as moderator, and we both know it. Spare us the victim melodrama. You simply won't deliver.
    Beck's "war": Fox host responds to passage of health care reform with violent rhetoric
    March 23, 2010 11:25 pm ET 186 Comments

Glenn Beck has repeatedly used violent rhetoric in referring to the passage of health care reform. After the House passed the Senate's version of reform legislation, Beck stated that while the "battle was lost, the war is not over," and after President Obama signed the bill, he suggested that Obama and Speaker Nancy Pelosi supported "pick[ing] up a gun" to advance "revolution."
    Beck uses violent rhetoric to describe health care reform

Beck: "The war is just beginning." During the March 22 edition of his Fox News show, Beck stated that after the House passed Senate's version of health care reform, "a lot of people in America are probably feeling a little defeated." He went on to say, "But I want you to know: Do not feel that way. The battle was lost, the war is not over. The war is just beginning."

Beck suggests that progressives support "armed insurrection." On the March 23 edition of his Fox News program, after Obama signed the reform legislation into law, Beck suggested that progressives support "armed insurrection" and asked, "Why would the president take up immigration right away, after he's just punched you in the face with health care?"

Beck suggests Pelosi and Obama support "pick[ing] up a gun" to advance "revolution." Also during the March 23 edition of his Fox News show, Beck stated, "You'd pick up a gun? Have you ever thought of that?" He then pointed to several pictures, including images of Obama and Pelosi, and stated: "These people have. Because possibly, maybe the question should be asked, maybe they're tired of evolution, and maybe they are waiting for revolution." Beck also said: "Haven't we just been spanked? Hasn't most of the country -- doesn't most of the country feel like they've been spanked over health care? You bet. I do, you do. A lot of people do."
    Beck uses violent rhetoric to claim that Obama administration is "coming after" him

Beck suggests Obama administration may kill him. On the March 23 edition of his Fox News program, Beck said, "For those of you in the administration, who are coming after me ... remember, you've broken three [of the 10 Commandments], let's not make it four; thou shalt not kill."

Beck previously has suggested administration trying to "destroy" and silence him. Beck has repeatedly used violent rhetoric to suggest that the Obama administration is trying to destroy him and force him to "stop saying these things." For example, on the September 8, 2009, broadcast of his radio show, Beck stated: "You can try to put the lid on this group of people, but you will never silence us. You will never -- you can shoot me in the head, you can shoot the next guy in the head, but there will be 10 others that line up."
    That's all I have for now, I'll try to find a transcript of that particular radio show as I heard the excerpt from it myself. Glenn Beck --> prince of the whack-a-moles.

I'm sure you won't like the location of this thread, but it's there nevertheless.

BECK: So, Speaker Pelosi, I just wanted to -- you gonna drink your wine? Are you blind? Do those eyes not work? There you -- I want you to drink it now. Drink it. Drink it. Drink it.
    I really just wanted to thank you for having me over here to wine country. You know, to be invited, I thought I had to be a major Democratic donor or a longtime friend of yours, which I'm not.
    By the way, I put poison in your -- no, I -- I look forward to all the policy discussions that we're supposed to have -- you know, on health care, energy reform, and the economy.
    Hey, is that Sean Penn over there? I know it cost me more than $30,000 to get in here, but hey. Hey, I think I see Ed Markey, the author of cap and trade, right over there.
    This came days after Beck warned his viewers that it was their "patriotic duty" to "stop" anyone who is "thinking about or talking about turning violent."
    Previously:
    As Media Matters has repeatedly documented, Beck has a history of violent rhetoric and fearmongering.
    Beck: Obama has "exposed himself as a guy" with "a deep seated hatred for white people"
    Beck: Obama has "exposed himself as a guy" with "a deep seated hatred for white people" | Media Matters for America
    Beck imitates Obama pouring gasoline on "average American"; says: "President Obama, why don't you just set us on fire? ... We didn't vote to lose the Republic"
    Beck imitates Obama pouring gasoline on "average American"; says: "President Obama, why don't you just set us on fire? ... We didn't vote to lose the Republic" | Media Matters for America
    Beck portrays Obama, Democrats as vampires "going after the blood of our businesses," suggests "driv[ing] a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers"
    Beck portrays Obama, Democrats as vampires "going after the blood of our businesses," suggests "driv[ing] a stake through the heart of the bloodsuckers" | Media Matters for America
    Beck denies responsibility for Pittsburgh shooting, adds that Obama "will slowly but surely take away your gun or take away your ability to shoot a gun, carry a gun"
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    That's all I have for now, I'll try to find a transcript of that particular radio show as I heard the excerpt from it myself. Glenn Beck --> prince of the whack-a-moles.
    I saw a lot of him complaining of others coming after him in that cut-n-paste. Where's the hateful rhetoric? The racism?

As far as "we've lost the battle, but not the war" rhetoric, I have two questions:

1. Have you not heard of hyperbole?
    2. Have you not you yourself used hyperbole like that yourself when you and your team have faced a defeat? be it sports, a game, a contract proposal?

Talking about moles, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.... oops, sorry. I'd better watch the exaggerated rhetorical devices, shouldn't I?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13.    #113  
    2. Have you not you yourself used hyperbole like that yourself when you and your team have faced a defeat? be it sports, a game, a contract proposal?
    What!?!? Me?!?!?! Never!?!?
  14.    #114  
    Oh, this is precious! I just learned that Ann Coulter will be addressing the Tea Partiers (I'll reserve using the expression of "Tea Klanners" based on their behavior on Sat) in Nevada Sat as well as Palin! Schweet!

Getting my pop-corn ready now!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Oh, this is precious! I just learned that Ann Coulter will be addressing the Tea Partiers (I'll reserve using the expression of "Tea Klanners" based on their behavior on Sat) in Nevada Sat as well as Palin! Schweet!

Does anyone have the video or audio of the racist comments made by the Tea Partiers? I mean, there were TONS of recorders, cameras, pdas, cell phones running and ON at the time. I've missed the link. Anyone?

I don't like to admit this, but I don't actually get the cartoon. Maybe I'm as dumb as Davidre says I am. Would anyone care to explain it?

And is that supposed to be Ann Coulter or Brittany Spears or Lindsey Lohan? And what is the significants of the donuts?

Both sweet? Both have holes? What?
    Well, others took care of that very ably in my absence. I'm resisting the urge to write "Fail" to your knee-jerk defense of Beck.

You don't get to have it both ways. You can't deliver commands about who can post and what they should post, and then expect people to infer whether you have your mod hat on.

Personally, I don't believe you can respond as vehemently as you do as a poster (using terms like "Fail", or "spare us the victim melodrama") and expect to be able to impartially moderate. That's why the players don't act as their own refs.
    Last edited by Bujin; 03/26/2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Well, others took care of that very ably in my absence. I'm resisting the urge to write "Fail" to your knee-jerk defense of Beck.

You don't get to have it both ways. You can't deliver commands about who can post and what they should post, and then expect people to infer whether you have your mod hat on.

Personally, I don't believe you can respond as vehemently as you do as a poster (using terms like "Fail", or "spare us the victim melodrama") and expect to be able to impartially moderate. That's why the players don't act as their own refs.

Talking about moles, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.... oops, sorry. I'd better watch the exaggerated rhetorical devices, shouldn't I?
    You're equating "mountain out a mole hill" with "Mrs. Pelosi, your drink is poisoned", "what does [Pelosi] have to do to get people to kill her", or "the president has a hatred of white people"? Really?
    Last edited by Bujin; 03/26/2010 at 12:04 PM.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Yep, left to someone else.
    There's a huge difference between a command and challenging you to actually back up your accusations, Bujin. If you don't want to debate me, fine.
    If I need to moderate a thread, it will be clear that that's what I'm doing. Meanwhile, I reserve the right to call on people to back up what they say. Sorry if that's too difficult for you, but if you don't want to debate me, again, just say no.
    Yep, left to someone else.

There's a huge difference between a command and challenging you to actually back up your accusations, Bujin. If you don't want to debate me, fine.
    "Put up or shut up", "drop it", or "Fail" are very cogent debate points...I'm not sure I could possibly fight the crushing grip of that logic. Thanks anyway.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast