Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 185
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #161  
    There's a lot to be said for an enterprising and loving wife that keeps a well stocked cupboard with plenty of cheese wiz and twinkies.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    There's a lot to be said for an enterprising and loving wife that keeps a well stocked cupboard with plenty of cheese wiz and twinkies.
    ok the enterprising part i can buy however loving lol and when you say enterprising, what, she adds stuff to the honey do list, or she just flat out charges you for your munchie binges?? Readers at Palm Pre Central want to know!!!!
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  3. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Right. Alcoholics in particular go through hell when they stop drinking. They get the shakes, heavy sweating, etc...

    Alcohol for sure is physically addicting.
    Sure there are physical substances that can cause addiction which have physical withdraws, but there are some cases of psychological addiction. Take food for example. If you use food as a "coping" mechanism, it can lead to addiction. Its not that you will break into a cold sweat ro shakes when trying to quit, but because you have made it your "feel good drug" you become addicted to that uplifting food can bring you. I believe pot can be abused the same way.

    On the legalization side, it really needs to be done at the federal level. States can legalize it all they want, but until it is recognized at the federal level as legal its going to be hell for dispensaries. The DEA can come into the shop at any point and shut it down and confiscate your product.

    There are just too many plus' to the legalization.
    1) Increase in money in a failing economy
    2) Lower the funding on the drug war
    3) By taxing marijuana it creates revenue for the economy
    4) Creates jobs and an entire new industry
    etc.

    Im tired of the same ole' arguments... "Its a gateway drug". No, the only reason they tied this all together is because of the means it takes while purchasing pot. Usually in a dark alley from a guy that may or may not have what you need... and if he doesnt... its gauranteed he's got something else.

    You want to spend tax payer money fighting something that matters? Spend it on obesity.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    On the legalization side, it really needs to be done at the federal level. States can legalize it all they want, but until it is recognized at the federal level as legal its going to be hell for dispensaries. The DEA can come into the shop at any point and shut it down and confiscate your product.
    That's the thing... why has the federal government listed marijuana as a SCHEDULE I drug?!? Why is it listed up there with heroin.... while cocaine, opium, methadone, oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine, codeine, hydrocodone, amphetamines, etc. are only SCHEDULE II drugs??

    This is your first clue to understanding the fact that authoritarians are in control, and they don't necessarily play fair. And while their actions are illogical to most of us, there is logic behind them, I'm sure.

    Xanax is SCHEDULE IV, btw. That is shocking to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    You want to spend tax payer money fighting something that matters? Spend it on obesity.
    AMEN!!
  5. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    That's the thing... why has the federal government listed marijuana as a SCHEDULE I drug?!? Why is it listed up there with heroin.... while cocaine, opium, methadone, oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine, codeine, hydrocodone, amphetamines, etc. are only SCHEDULE II drugs??

    This is your first clue to understanding the fact that authoritarians are in control, and they don't necessarily play fair. And while their actions are illogical to most of us, there is logic behind them, I'm sure.

    Xanax is SCHEDULE IV, btw. That is shocking to me.
    But the answer being advocated is not moving from Schedule I to, say, Schedule III where synthetic THC is classified, or even moving to an unscheduled drug classification. The answer being advocated is moving the it off the drug classification altogether.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    But the answer being advocated is not moving from Schedule I to, say, Schedule III where synthetic THC is classified, or even moving to an unscheduled drug classification. The answer being advocated is moving the it off the drug classification altogether.
    I can only answer this with this -->

    "I don't do drugs. Just weed."

    Seriously, tho... if I could have it my way, I would make it very clear that the Controlled Substance Act would only apply to government agents. Men have the right to possess ANYTHING, provided that they're not harming another man.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    If there is NO victim, then there is NO crime, ergo there is NO criminal.

    Stop destroying the lives of people who never destroyed anyone or anything.

    I'm tired of all these people who feel they know freedom better than the rest of us.

    Control your own house before you tell others how to lead their lives. If that person is violating Common Law, then yes, there was a victim, and the criminal deserves to go to jail and then court. No victim, officer? Go do your job and find one!
  7. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Seriously, tho... if I could have it my way, I would make it very clear that the Controlled Substance Act would only apply to government agents. Men have the right to possess ANYTHING, provided that they're not harming another man.
    Define government agents?
  8. #168  
    One who explicitly consents to statutes, or "the rules of a society, given the force of law by the consent of the governed".

    Most men do not explicitly consent to statutes, but they "implicitly" consent thru silent acquiescence or thru other tricky usage of legalese terms.
  9. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    One who explicitly consents to statutes, or "the rules of a society, given the force of law by the consent of the governed".

    Most men do not explicitly consent to statutes, but they "implicitly" consent thru silent acquiescence or thru other tricky usage of legalese terms.
    So are you saying any man should be allowed to buy any drug?
  10. #170  
    ...i'll borrow a anti-baby line... It's "my body, my choice"
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #171  
    This is a must read:

    New High of 46% of Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana

    Check out the charts. What's most telling to me is not so much the 46% of today, but the changes of that percentage over the last 3 decades.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #172  
    It should be noted that liberals were the highest group.
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #173  
    30% of conservatives are for legalization too... which is amazing.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #174  
    No... the "highest" group... oh nevermind.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    So are you saying any man should be allowed to buy any drug?
    I don't know about ANY drug. But WHY NOT? That's what I don't understand.

    Perhaps men should not be allowed to "buy" certain drugs, because certain drugs shouldn't be allowed to be "sold". However, if someone has already purchased something, or grown it on their own private land... WHY NOT??

    Why would you prefer... to handcuff this man, who harmed nobody or no thing, tow his horse and buggy to the impound, cause him so that he might inconvenience his family to pay the city or a bondsman some money so that he can get out of jail and enjoy freedom like the rest of us who have no victims pointing fingers at us, only to return to speak to a judge where he will be prodded into pleading GUILTY so that the city can take even more money from him????

    All crimes are commercial in this country. It's not supposed to be that way.

    TRUE criminals deserve to be behind bars where they can't HARM PEOPLE OR PROPERTY!!! They're not supposed to be there only because they don't have a limitless supply of money.

    I want to see you answer that one question as best you possibly can. I triple dawg dare ya...
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I don't know about ANY drug. But WHY NOT? That's what I don't understand.
    Because we've built a machine to fight the 'war on drugs'. Legalizing drugs will diminish funding to all of those law enforcement agencies. All those jobs and careers down the drain. You think they'll let that happen? Not unless it's a long drawn out process (which it's proving to be).
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I don't know about ANY drug. But WHY NOT? That's what I don't understand.

    Perhaps men should not be allowed to "buy" certain drugs, because certain drugs shouldn't be allowed to be "sold". However, if someone has already purchased something, or grown it on their own private land... WHY NOT??
    With regard to prescription drugs, the laws are to protect not to criminalize the consumer. You may think you have the right to own anything which means you have the right to purchase or create anything or it means nothing at all. Now, I may say that I have this nifty new treatment for your ills and it involves high doses of an anti-cancer drug, methotrexate, over a short period of time. I've seen it work and those cases that went poorly, well, c'est la vie. Check's been chashed--sorry. Now, I, not being bound by law, am perfectly happy to sell to you, not necessarily being bound by knowledge. Caveat emptor indeed. What I'm selling you could easily kill you in a very painful way if I was allowed and you were willing.

    The same holds true for marijuana. Unless you grow it, you're always at the mercy of the seller. Every noob and even some of the most educated can be/has been conned. Now, let's legalize it and the tobacco companies will process it and sell it to you. The tobacco companies would never put anything in it that would hurt you, would they? And if it's legal, what would stop them besides the threat of lawsuits. And even then, if the projected sales dwarfed that threat they may still sell it to you.

    Now, if you want to grow it on your own land and sell it to nobody then you have an argument. Outside of that, I don't see how the government can treat marijuana any differently than any other drug and remain consistent. You and I may not like the extent of their involvement but they have to be involved to some degree. But, I've heard some of the most strident liberals rail against unregulated natural remedies being sold over-the-counter while at the same time advocating the legalization of marijuana. I just don't get it.

    Why would you prefer... to handcuff this man, who harmed nobody or no thing, tow his horse and buggy to the impound, cause him so that he might inconvenience his family to pay the city or a bondsman some money so that he can get out of jail and enjoy freedom like the rest of us who have no victims pointing fingers at us, only to return to speak to a judge where he will be prodded into pleading GUILTY so that the city can take even more money from him????
    I'm not aware of the specifics surrounding your example but, unfortunately for this Amish-sounding fellow, the law typically applies equally to the kind-hearted as the ne'er-do-wells.

    All crimes are commercial in this country. It's not supposed to be that way.
    I don't believe that. Do you?

    TRUE criminals deserve to be behind bars where they can't HARM PEOPLE OR PROPERTY!!! They're not supposed to be there only because they don't have a limitless supply of money.
    Who are the true criminals and who decides?
  18. #178  
    It's 4:20AM Halloween morning, I must have fallen asleep on the couch, woke up to a cat jumping on me and now I can't sleep. 4:20 you say? <gears grind together> ,,,,,,,,, I have an idea................
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's 4:20AM Halloween morning, I must have fallen asleep on the couch, woke up to a cat jumping on me and now I can't sleep. 4:20 you say? ,,,,,,,,, I have an idea................
    ...its 4:20 somewhere....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    With regard to prescription drugs, the laws are to protect not to criminalize the consumer.
    And here's an example of the police from a little pot.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions