Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 185
  1. #101  
    I appreciate your Libertarian philosophy. Yes, they have a right to smoke whatever they want. I'm not against legalizing it. However, I have a right to point out the dangers of their behavior, even if they ignore it.

    Thomas Gray: "Where ignorance is bliss, 'Tis folly to be wise. "
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    I appreciate your Libertarian philosophy. Yes, they have a right to smoke whatever they want. I'm not against legalizing it. However, I have a right to point out the dangers of their behavior, even if they ignore it.

    Thomas Gray: "Where ignorance is bliss, 'Tis folly to be wise. "
    Overall, pot is much safer to use than booze or cigarettes. But all things in moderation, of course.

    There's the rights point, the safety point, and lets not leave out the billions we spend on law enforcement, court, and jail systems... all for a little harmless pot.

    It's really amazing how mind numb people can be on this issue.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3. #103  
    I'm not sure what the "safety thing" is, but now that you mention it... I have NEVER heard of somebody getting in a wreck from smoking ANYTHING, including the legal stuff!!

    I would like to see a study on this.

    I have heard of people getting in accidents for faling asleep at the wheel, consuming alcohol or pills, and even reaching for a rolling apple on the floor. But never smoking.
  4. #104  
    I'm a little torn on this issue. I was a child of the 60's and 70's and ended up smoking pot at 16 yrs. and liked it very much. It helped me escape the reality of living with a drill sergeant dad who couldn't leave his work at work. I ended up starting an indoor growing operation with my sis and brother in law when I was 21 and contrary to popular belief, there's not a lot of money in it. I smoked plenty during that time and it was very good stuff. I will say this...I've driven drunk and I've driven stoned and I'd much rather be driving on the same roads with stoned people than drunk people. I never felt out of control on pot but I had two times in my life when I drove home drunk and woke up the next morning and had no idea how I got home. That's a scary feeling! Haven't touched pot for 26 years now and I don't miss it 'cuz it makes you lazy as hell! In my opinion it's not only a huge waste of taxpayer's money to continue to fight against marijuana, it's one of the biggest hypocrisies in America when compared to alcohol. I'm a Republican and proud of it and I think it's high time (no pun intended) we took back our country...the one so many people fought and died for...and restore Liberty. God Bless America.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  5. #105  
    Can we legalize cocaine please; I cannot stand the taste of coffee and all this decriminalizing of marijuana made me lazy.

    Seriously though I think cocaine should be legal too. We will have massive Increases productivity and efficiency. Its not as bad as they try to make it be; yeah I understand its not healthy and you can overdose; but not overdoing it is key. Maybe it shouldn't be completely legal but maybe something like we have with marijuana today where a prescription is needed.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Can we legalize cocaine please; I cannot stand the taste of coffee and all this decriminalizing of marijuana made me lazy.

    Seriously though I think cocaine should be legal too. We will have massive Increases productivity and efficiency. Its not as bad as they try to make it be; yeah I understand its not healthy and you can overdose; but not overdoing it is key. Maybe it shouldn't be completely legal but maybe something like we have with marijuana today where a prescription is needed.
    Maybe just coca-leaves....cocaine requires alot of production and chemicals to "make"....god didn't make cocaine...humans did...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #107  
    The problem with cocaine is it's derivatives. As far as I know, there's no derivative of pot that is as destructive or as addictive as crack.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    The problem with cocaine is it's derivatives. As far as I know, there's no derivative of pot that is as destructive or as addictive as crack.
    Make it legal and let the tobacco companies sell it, and you just watch.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  9. #109  
    whats the difference between cocaine and heroin which is more addictive?
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    whats the difference between cocaine and heroin which is more addictive?
    Well heroin is very easy to overdose with especially if token intravenously (injected); and extremely addicting. For many cocaine is just addicting when your on it "always wanting more" but as soon as you come down you are fine. Also heroin is a extreme downer, where cocaine is an upper. I know of few people to who do coke only on the weekends and then live very productive and successful lives.
  11. #111  
    Drugs are bad. Mmmm-kay....

    Really, weed should be 100% illegal to grow, possess all you want.

    That should be Step 1.

    Step 2 is to legalize small quantities of other, now-illicit drugs. Just make it illegal to sell it. Government has the right to regulate commerce.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Drugs are bad. Mmmm-kay....

    Really, weed should be 100% illegal to grow, possess all you want.

    That should be Step 1.

    Step 2 is to legalize small quantities of other, now-illicit drugs. Just make it illegal to sell it. Government has the right to regulate commerce.
    Ru hi???
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  13. #113  
    Not when I wrote that... No.

    But now that I am, it doesn't sound as good. It's almost inevitable that people get to stealing things when they start doing HARD drugs, namely heroin and crack. I've always heard from word of mouth that you should never try those two!!! Everything else, people can still maintain self-control... and I'd agree.

    But now that I'm thinking some more... why shouldn't the crackhead legally lose all his teeth? It would be cheaper, so the chances that he'd need to steal would decrease. Plus, he would have no fear to talk to someone else when he realizes he needs help.

    Ya never know...

    I truly don't believe more people would do it if it were legal to possess. I wouldn't do crack or heroin, at least... and don't know too many people who would either.

    "Why 'legally' destroy people's lives against their own will?" is the real question. Let them do it on their own so that the rest will know why they don't want to do it. Natural consequences are not as bad as a man raiding your home, repossessing your [his?] vehicle, throwing you up in jail with nothing to do but wait and wait and wait and wait.

    Just don't see the point in any illegal drugs at all, really.
  14. #114  
    ...all I ask is for it to be legal for me to grow an amount for personal consumption on my property in my home....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  15. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #115  
    I can't let an issue like this go by without posting this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Most of the major ones had to retool. The smaller ones mostly went out of business. Realistically, the tobacco companies might easily be able to ramp up to compensate for the anti-tobacco bent the country has been on lately.
    Sorry, been out of the mix awhile. So, are you saying the tobacco companies, by selling pot, can rebuild their public image? Do you really see a greater part of the country as being pro-pot/anti-tobacco than pro-tobacco/anti-pot? Seems to me they would just be making a whole separate group of enemies.
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Sorry, been out of the mix awhile. So, are you saying the tobacco companies, by selling pot, can rebuild their public image? Do you really see a greater part of the country as being pro-pot/anti-tobacco than pro-tobacco/anti-pot? Seems to me they would just be making a whole separate group of enemies.
    Interesting. I was thinking that it would be a smart move because the infrastructure is already in place, complete with labs, testing, harvesting, processing, market channels, and lets not forget the federal regulators. I've never heard of anti-tobacco groups as being either pro or anti-pot. It doesn't necessarily follow.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. #118  
    Any lawmaker reading this thread is going to vote against legalization.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    whats the difference between cocaine and heroin which is more addictive?
    Both are highly addictive, however, cocaine is a psychological addiction and provided a few hours or days (depending on each person differently) can usually stop using. Heroin on the other hand is a brutal physical adiction that affects the neurons in your body. It alters the 'pleasure' receptors so that once you have stopped taking it, having been so used to the 'pleasure' feeling, instead of reverting back to a 'normal' state, there is excruciating pain,and physical sickness. This can happen with as little as a coupleof days of steady use and can last for a long time. I've seen the effects and it is truly horrifying and not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.
  20. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Interesting. I was thinking that it would be a smart move because the infrastructure is already in place, complete with labs, testing, harvesting, processing, market channels, and lets not forget the federal regulators. I've never heard of anti-tobacco groups as being either pro or anti-pot. It doesn't necessarily follow.
    Well, anti-tobacco may be a misnomer. I probably should have said "anti-Big Tobacco". Big Tobacco comes with a lot of other baggage than just tobacco. They're basically accused of poisoning people through various means, only one of which is actual tobacco, for profit and covering up the science that proves it. My guess is that selling pot won't go very far in eliminating or even reducing this image. Lots of people in the pro-pot camp are anti-BIG (fill in the blank) corporate enterprises. So, they're not likely to garner any favor there. Neither are they likely to win over any fans in the Red States that have historically been anti-legalization but somewhat ambivalent to Big-tobacco.
    Last edited by groovy; 10/25/2010 at 12:34 PM.

Posting Permissions