Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Harr! And to think that was posted on FoxNews.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Harr! And to think that was posted on FoxNews.
    ...any TRUE conservative sees the folly of restricting a persons freedoms... "If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. "
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    We're all anti-authoritarians deep down inside...
    ....and yet the same "down with the man" types now generally advocate pro-"man" policies...i guess "the man" is cool if it's your "man".....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    It's good to be king.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ....and yet the same "down with the man" types now generally advocate pro-"man" policies...i guess "the man" is cool if it's your "man".....
    Who are these types? And how are they possibly that type and advocating pro-"man" policies??

People need to realize that, we live in a Constitutional Republic.

We the People are the foundation of that Constitution. We the People reserved the right to do ANYTHING we so choose, provided that we don't infringe on the rights of others.

Speaking of "Good To Be King", Michael Badnarik had another quote that I liked...

"My rights end, where your nose begins."

Are you harming someone?
    Are you harming someone's property?
    Are you committing fraud in your contract?

NO?? Then keep doing whatever it is that you're doing. You have that right. There's no reason that you shouldn't be allowed to own AK-47s, grenade launchers, and tanks to protect yourself from a large, coercive, well armed corporation, such as THE UNITED STATES. But the second that you eff with another man, you have crossed the lines of equal rights.

It's important to understand that there is no "man" or "anti-man". We are ALL men. We are ALL equal.

Check out this Federal Statutes, sometime....

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242 - Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law

*Any* time an officer of YOUR government infringes on your rights. Point him to that and tell him that he's going to enjoy the 10 years in jail as soon as you get done contacting the FBI.

What makes you think a judge can demand you to answer a question with a yes or no, when the question is irrelevant?? Are you his slave? I thought that the 13th Amendment (among many other statutes) outlawed indentured servitude...

Stop worrying about the law. Focus on rights and just do what you want, provided that you're focusing on the rights of others, as well.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ... he said as they shuffled him off to his cell ...
    Who are these types? And how are they possibly that type and advocating pro-"man" policies??
    ....liberals....
    I'm certain Frank Zappa, who would have turned 70 this year, would rather be alive and working on the numerous projects he was involved in just before his premature death. Besides rock and classical music,he was an unofficial consultant to the Czechoslovakian government on trade, cultural matters,etc. He was at the peak of his life and creative powers. Smoking cigarettes and marijuana likely caused or hastened the progression of his prostate cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    I'm certain Frank Zappa, who would have turned 70 this year, would rather be alive and working on the numerous projects he was involved in just before his premature death. Besides rock and classical music,he was an unofficial consultant to the Czechoslovakian government on trade, cultural matters,etc. He was at the peak of his life and creative powers. Smoking cigarettes and marijuana likely caused or hastened the progression of his prostate cancer.

First of all, you throw in "marijuana" as if you have ANY shred of evidence that he smoked it. He didn't. If you have proof otherwise, you're probly the only person in the world that knows it.

Second of all, we need to get this prostate cancer thing out of the way. If Lance Armstrong gets prostate cancer, yet doesn't smoke.... then the correlation between smoking and prostate cancer becomes non-existant. If you want to look at the larger picture, I don't believe that most smokers die from prostate cancer. They probly get it from riding bicycles or getting kicked in the nuts too much when they were young.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I read that there have been no links found between maryjane and cancer. This argument is all a smoke screen, so to speak.

And yeah, zappa wasn't a drug user. I feel pretty certain that he'd be for lifting the prohibition on pot, however.
    Second of all, we need to get this prostate cancer thing out of the way. If Lance Armstrong gets prostate cancer, yet doesn't smoke.... then the correlation between smoking and prostate cancer becomes non-existant.
    That's not how it works. There may be a high degree of correlation, but that does not prove causation or contribution. Ice cream and shark attacks.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    And yeah, zappa wasn't a drug user. I feel pretty certain that he'd be for lifting the prohibition on pot, however.
    I think people assume he used drugs because of the names of his kids.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Continuing on with what I was speaking about earlier, I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite quotes which sums up what I was trying to say, albeit in much fewer words....

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."

-- Thomas Jefferson

THE END
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    He was, however, and incredible musician and performer.
    He was, however, and incredible musician and performer.
    And had a wicked sense of humor and satire.
    Continuing on with what I was speaking about earlier, I just wanted to share with you one of my favorite quotes which sums up what I was trying to say, albeit in much fewer words....

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."

-- Thomas Jefferson

THE END
    In TJ I trust
    Thankfully, for Lance Armstrong,he had metastatic testicular cancer, not metastatic prostate cancer;there is no cure for the later.

Lance Armstrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, "For men in their 30s and 40s, smoking increases the risk of erectile dysfunction (ED) by about 50 per cent."

Smoking - health risks
    You should be happy about that statistic.

Let natural selection take care of the smokers and their offspring [or lack thereof].

They have the right to do so. You have the right to keep telling them what they don't want to hear, but do you think it'll be received any other way than in mosquito tones??

I will admit that I think smoking in public restaurants should definitely be illegal, however. Smoke that interferes with me, my wife, my children, etc. is something I shouldn't have to put up with, and I think it's one of the legitimate reasons to have a government -- TO PROTECT AND MAINTAIN INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.

So, keep on talking about the effects of smoking, but do know that your words are falling on deaf ears (or blind eyes, one of the two).