Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else think it's the 4G phone that prompted Jobs to suddenly sue HTC? They've had a few years to do it, why now? I think it's because 4G is the ONE thing the iPhone can never compete on as long as they're stuck with AT&T.
    This shouldn't be in this section, nothing to do with the Pre.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Maybe nothing to do with the Pre, but I was thinking the exact same thing. HTC and Google is really upsetting Apple's model of incremental change. A law suit will definitely slow the pace on innovation and allow Apple to continue to control the momentum.
    Maybe he should sue Samsung and MetroPCS too?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I highly doubt most people care about the Supersonic, just the techies.

The HTC is really the only cellphone maker for Windows Mobile 7 (LG, Samsung etc are trivial), and is a strong contributor to the Android lineup.

It's more likely based on slowing down Androids leap in marketshare. If you take away HTC then only the Droid is a serious threat and it's quickly becoming dated; Nexus one isn't viable for most people (unsubsidized).
    He sued HTC because he knew he had a better chance suing them than directly suing Google, which is who he really wants to sue.
    Yea even though this is in the wrong forum....

It makes perfect sense why Apple would do it now....they need to delay HTC & Sprint launching the EVO(Not even sure if it will).

The Iphone being on AT&T, which isnt even set to do a full roll out of LTE til what atleast next summer?? No sense making an Iphone that is 4G compatible.

If Sprint and HTC can market this phone right...which I suspect since it will be Sprints first 4G phone and(Sorry PRE) new flagship, it is going to be an eye opener for a lot of people.

Which goes to say Apple has nothing in competition yet....what adding multitasking in 4.0? They would get laughed at if that was their only counterpunch to 4G + EVO.

Damn Palm, why didnt you think of this in the first place?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post

Damn Palm, why didnt you think of this in the first place?
    Probably because it would have costs them a few more dollars and been deemed unnecessary by many people. I think it would have been considered smart planning for the future. I'd rather spend a few more dollars now so I can save a hundred dollars later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    This shouldn't be in this section, nothing to do with the Pre.
    What Demlor said. Not sure why folks can't figure out the Palm predictions, Sprint 4G and HTC phones don't belong in the Palm Pre Forum. Seems a no brainer to me. Use the General or Future Phone Forum folks!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Does anyone else think it's the 4G phone that prompted Jobs to suddenly sue HTC? They've had a few years to do it, why now? I think it's because 4G is the ONE thing the iPhone can never compete on as long as they're stuck with AT&T.
    Rumor is it, he sued because of the multitouch pinch to zoom on the Droid. There was a big piece in the New York Times or something about it. About the rift between Eric Schmidt and Steve Jobs..
    The iphone is so old now. It has been a great pioneer in the drastic change that they had made in the phone industry, but thats it. Apple needs to get back on the drawing board and stop making the same device over and over again. And once again the bar has been lifted in the phone business, except this time its not from apple and they are all mad about it cause they think they are god.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Rumor is it, he sued because of the multitouch pinch to zoom on the Droid. There was a big piece in the New York Times or something about it. About the rift between Eric Schmidt and Steve Jobs..
    If this is the reason for the lawsuit, shouldn't Palm jump on the bandwagon too and sue HTC. Apple doesn't offer much of a threat to Palm but Android and hence HTC does. Especially now.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    If this is the reason for the lawsuit, shouldn't Palm jump on the bandwagon too and sue HTC. Apple doesn't offer much of a threat to Palm but Android and hence HTC does. Especially now.
    I think Palm has more important things to do than sue HTC at this point. Also, the sole reason for the lawsuit apparently is, Jobs said "if you implement multitouch we'll sue." A threat he is said to make regularly..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I think Palm has more important things to do than sue HTC at this point. Also, the sole reason for the lawsuit apparently is, Jobs said "if you implement multitouch we'll sue." A threat he is said to make regularly..
    I meant this more as a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolgreany View Post
    What Demlor said. Not sure why folks can't figure out the Palm predictions, Sprint 4G and HTC phones don't belong in the Palm Pre Forum. Seems a no brainer to me. Use the General or Future Phone Forum folks!
    If Demlor said it .then why do u need to repeat it...makes NO sense to me why you have to enter your 2 cents...seems a no brainer to me............
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    wait I'm lost here.. Steve jobs is suing HTC for implementing multi-touch capability? Then why exactly hasn't palm been sued for using it?
    palm does not use the glass multi-touch capability
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    wait I'm lost here.. Steve jobs is suing HTC for implementing multi-touch capability? Then why exactly hasn't palm been sued for using it?
    Palm's patent portfolio is too big and the iPhone and Palm OS have a lot of similarities.

“Palm has a long history of innovation that is reflected in our products and robust patent portfolio, and we have long been recognized for our fundamental patents in the mobile space. If faced with legal action, we are confident that we have the tools necessary to defend ourselves”

Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I meant this more as a joke.
    O, guess my sarcasmeter was off there..
    HTC's patent portfolio is dinky, they should be worried, might have to pay some big bucks to Apple or take mutitouch out of their software.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast