Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used to hate McDonald's food, until they came out with the Mushroom and Swiss Angus. No I like at least one of their offerings, but still hate the company.

You guys DO see what this has to do with my Palm Pre, right?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Does anyone else think it's the 4G phone that prompted Jobs to suddenly sue HTC? They've had a few years to do it, why now? I think it's because 4G is the ONE thing the iPhone can never compete on as long as they're stuck with AT&T.
    But AT&T is moving to LTE, which IS a 4G technology... What a bewildering post.
    It's almost as funny as the thought of Steve Jobs personally suing HTC.

In small claims court.

With the People's Court theme looped.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Apple is a brutal malicious company who will sue anything that approaches within 500 miles, hiding behind cute young faces they parade around in their apple store. The deliberately jigger their technology to suck you into the black hole of proprietary Apple products too. It's why me has been thrilled to have left the fold many years ago and not invest in their products.

In fact, me has stopped using the word "I" in the fear that apple was going to sue me for trademark infringement. These days me uses the word "me" instead for just that reason.
    Apple can't sue Palm because while the end user effect is the same, the underlying tech to make it work is different enough that it doesn't violate Apple's patents. It'd wind up being the same result as Ford suing Chevy for having a four wheeled, gas powered product that does the same thing at the consumer level. Not gonna happen.

I'm simply boycotting every product that sticks an "i" in front of the name to generate sales based on Apple's dumb naming scheme. What the heck does a pod have to do with a square player, and why does "i" have to have one in the first place?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Apple can't sue Palm because while the end user effect is the same, the underlying tech to make it work is different enough that it doesn't violate Apple's patents. It'd wind up being the same result as Ford suing Chevy for having a four wheeled, gas powered product that does the same thing at the consumer level. Not gonna happen.
    Apple can sue anyone it wants. Whether it would win - if it ever goes the distance - is a whole other can of worms. If Ford had a pitiful patent that was rubber stamped then Chevy would have to convince the judge to throw out the patent as being a bad patent.

Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    I'm simply boycotting every product that sticks an "i" in front of the name to generate sales based on Apple's dumb naming scheme. What the heck does a pod have to do with a square player, and why does "i" have to have one in the first place?
    That's two counts of trademark infringement right there buddy.
    The name ipod comes from 'pod' in 2001: a space odyssey, a little bit a culture people...
    The 'i' stands for 'personal' or something like that, it does make sense.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12