Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 95 of 95
  1. #81  
    Tea party activists target the brother of a congressman...is this another "isolated incident"?

    FBI investigates Virginia incident - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  2. #82  
    I don't recall Christ telling 30 Million people he didn't what to give them health care? My bible said he was healing people for free.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Are you experiencing the sputtering you've talked about, because I have NO idea what the heck you are talking about. That's ok--you'll probably just contradict yourself anyway.

    KAM
    Let's just say you bring personalized name-calling to a new high (or low, depending on your position) on this forum. And before you "contradict yourself", you might want to look at a few of your past posts. Like I said...poor impulse control. It's one thing to claim someone isn't informed, or tiresome, or inaccurate. It's another to call people involved in the discussion idiots. Or hadn't you noticed? Introspection can be your friend.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I don't recall Christ telling 30 Million people he didn't what to give them health care? My bible said he was healing people for free.
    What? Jesus was a socialist????


    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Let's just say you bring personalized name-calling to a new high (or low, depending on your position) on this forum. And before you "contradict yourself", you might want to look at a few of your past posts. Like I said...poor impulse control. It's one thing to claim someone isn't informed, or tiresome, or inaccurate. It's another to call people involved in the discussion idiots. Or hadn't you noticed? Introspection can be your friend.
    .... and I've lost the fight with my impulse to point out to you that this thread was started by you, is an obvious exercise in name-calling... names like idiots and cretins, and directed (by you) at entire sects of our population.

    And you're surprised when you get the response you obviously were trolling for? Please review the "Trolling and Baiting" policy thread stickied at the top of this forum if you have any questions.

    Let's *all* tone it down please.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    The problem is that, to many, their words are not entertainment, but are actually listened to, which incites the sort of threats and violence that we're now seeing. It's really tiresome when folks minimize the hatred of this whole movement as "isolated events", when it's been an undercurrent of the right-wing message all along (from the "palling around with terrorists", to the birthers, to Beck's continual use of N@zi and Limbaugh's use of rape analogies).

    This is the result:
    Wow, you must spend a LOT more time listening to these guys than I ever did.

    The fact is--these things ARE isolated events. You just use these jerks as an excuse to claim what you already decided is true. You're a damned liar, when you try and project this on "the whole movement." Oh really--all those people are what you would like to tar them as, just because you say so. Well, that's a blatant lie, and reasonable people aren't going to let you smear a bunch of innocent people, because you dislike their political views.

    You are engaging in the EXACT same sort of hateful BS that Racists use to all members of a given group by providing some example of a bad act by a member of that arbitrary group. Pathetic, truly pathetic, that you present yourself as some champion against hatred, while using the same tactics with the same goals that hate-mongers everywhere rely on.

    I'd like to say the hypocrisy is amazing, but its so common with people like you, that I can't rightfully say that I'm amazed.

    The fact is, behind your fake concern is that you simply want to shut these people up, because you don't like what they say. So, you blame...well, pretty much anything you can think of on them, whether there is any connection or not.

    While I certainly do not support racism or the other kook stuff that apparently comes with protesters, but its funny how this sort of thing is a dangerous problem but really isn't worth mentioning when it comes from leftists.

    It's funny, I seem to remember a bunch of lunatics calling George Bush and **** Cheney all sorts of things...including ****'s. Boy, its funny how that becomes an intolerable call to violence when the OTHER side does it.

    We've just come off of 8 straight years of often irrational hatred of the Bush administration, and yet...you seem to agree with those people on most points, yet somehow YOU aren't a crazy hate-enabling person. RIGHT, because YOUR propaganda is valid and appropriate, but the same moronic irrational drivel from the other side is well, its ok.

    You've got the rantings of Keith Olberman, Ed Schultz daily, along with many others people don't often hear about, because no one bothers to listen, and somehow THOSE people aren't blamed when a bunch of socialist kooks are breaking windows and fighting with police.

    Its really tiresome when people (like you) ignore the same sort of idiotic antics when it is the side that you agree with, while damning with your accusations.

    You couldn't be more of a hypocrite if you tried. But of course that isn't really true--You ARE trying, and its more likely you just don't care, because Propaganda has won the day so far--why not keep it up right?

    To think that you are involved in "educating" people makes this truly sickening.

    KAM
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What? Jesus was a socialist????


    If Jesus was managing health care.... we wouldn't need any.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    You're a damned liar, when you try and project this on "the whole movement."
    .
    .

    I'd like to say the hypocrisy is amazing, but its so common with people like you, that I can't rightfully say that I'm amazed. .
    .
    .
    .
    We've just come off of 8 straight years of often irrational hatred of the Bush administration, and yet...you seem to agree with those people on most points, yet somehow YOU aren't a crazy hate-enabling person.
    .
    .
    Its really tiresome when people (like you) ignore the same sort of idiotic antics when it is the side that you agree with, while damning with your accusations.

    You couldn't be more of a hypocrite if you tried. But of course that isn't really true--You ARE trying, and its more likely you just don't care, because Propaganda has won the day so far--why not keep it up right?

    To think that you are involved in "educating" people makes this truly sickening.

    KAM
    Hmmmm...was this series of personal attacks really necessary?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  9. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Let's just say you bring personalized name-calling to a new high (or low, depending on your position) on this forum. And before you "contradict yourself", you might want to look at a few of your past posts. Like I said...poor impulse control. It's one thing to claim someone isn't informed, or tiresome, or inaccurate. It's another to call people involved in the discussion idiots. Or hadn't you noticed? Introspection can be your friend.
    Oh, yes, move directly onto playing the victim--that's usually Bujin's game.

    Idiots...idiots. Did I call people here idiots? If not, I probably should have, because the idiocy being spewed by people like you is pretty thick. I could come up with some word that means the same thing, but SEEMS more friendly, but that's just dancing around.

    The fact is, there aren't words strong enough to describe the contempt I have for dishonest people like you.

    Introspection? You're talking to me about introspection?

    *dies laughing*

    KAM
  10. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Hmmmm...was this series of personal attacks really necessary?
    Oh yes, the victim comes out. Its yet another massive dose of hypocrisy coming from the person forwarding a smear campaign against a bunch of innocent people, just because you disagree with them.

    You've slandered a "whole movement" and you're going to cry about personal attacks?

    Your intellectual cowardice knows no bounds.

    KAM
  11. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    .... and I've lost the fight with my impulse to point out to you that this thread was started by you, is an obvious exercise in name-calling... names like idiots and cretins, and directed (by you) at entire sects of our population.

    And you're surprised when you get the response you obviously were trolling for? Please review the "Trolling and Baiting" policy thread stickied at the top of this forum if you have any questions.

    Let's *all* tone it down please.
    Micael: Isn't it obvious that these threads (of which there are many) have the singular purpose of attacking people? Why bother with the charade that these have a legitimate purpose. Its the same old thing over and over, and over again.

    And then they whimper about "personal attacks." Yes, its ok to smear hundreds or thousands of people, but to say that is nonsense or idiotic...well, their fine senses just cannot bear it.

    If this sort of thread isn't a trolling attempt what is? How exactly does one tone down the attempt of these same posters who are continually starting these sorts of fires?

    KAM
  12. #92  
    I'm a "damned liar", "*****", "hate-enabling person", "hypocrite", and "intellectual coward". Why would I possibly consider myself a victim in this thread? And then I'm the one accused of trolling?

    I'm going to leave this thread, before you spin further out of control. You're welcome.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What? Jesus was a socialist????


    Jesus told people to help their fellow man. While he did say to give to Caesar what is Caesars, I don't think he said give to Caesar (Government) so Caesar (Government) can turn around and help his fellow man. I missed that part of history where Caesar was kind to non Romans. I think you will find that Republicans tend to be quite generous to charitable organizations. Is the government now considered a charitable organization?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    .... and I've lost the fight with my impulse to point out to you that this thread was started by you, is an obvious exercise in name-calling... names like idiots and cretins, and directed (by you) at entire sects of our population.

    And you're surprised when you get the response you obviously were trolling for? Please review the "Trolling and Baiting" policy thread stickied at the top of this forum if you have any questions.

    Let's *all* tone it down please.
    Would you like to re-read my post? Calling teabaggers cretins is a bit different than calling an individual on the forum names. Please read Bujin's examples...but there are many more, including just one or two threads up.

    Or do you, as a mod, not really see any difference, in terms of trolling and baiting? Not that I'm criticizing what you do as a mod. That's a no-no.

    Just asking, you see. I'd like to know just where you stand, being as you're a mod and all.
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #95  
    Apparently this thread has devolved to nothing more than swatting back and forth. Closed.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions