Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Please....I'm begging you. Promise not to post in any of these "moronic" threads. Please? They are beneath you.
    Well, you may have a point there. However, Christ went amongst the sinners, so perhaps I have learned something from that example. And before you or anyone else even starts I am in NO WAY comparing myself to Christ.

As an example--the post just above this one--I learned something very interesting about you. So, even a moronic thread CAN yield some interesting information.

KAM
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post

Oh? Who exactly is telling people to be violent? Beck and Limbaugh? Beck and Limbaugh are racists as well?

I think this explains a lot about you, and how you arrive at your viewpoints. YOU have just explained that you are surrounded by people that you disagree with and are apparently unwilling to "educate" to your way of thinking. Now, I'm not saying that you should run around spouting things to patients or neighbors, but it would explain a bit why you've got this tendency to work out those issues here.

So, are people you disagree with here, just surrogates then? Are we being told what you wish you could tell these people in your real life?

Perhaps if you were able to deal with these things in the real world, you'd be less prone to hyperbole and overwrought nonsense here. Perhaps then you could use the information you do have in a more constructive way. Of course, I'm just speculating based on what you said. Perhaps I should feel sorry for you.

Well, thanks--you've really helped me understand you a bit better.

KAM
    "Every single Democrat who voted for this needs to know, safe district or not, that they are going to be exposed and hassled and chased from office... The need to fight on and the urging to fight on must have some substance to it and not just be rhetoric and language and lingo. It has to have some substance behind it, because we really are facing the prospect that our country will never be the same after yesterday, if this stands. It will never be the same, and a majority of the American people understood it.
    "They won because they held Congress and the presidency, and therein lies the lesson: We need to defeat these *******s. We need to wipe them out. We need to [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]chase[/COLOR][/COLOR] them out of town.
    How would you interpret Limbaugh's comments? "Substance" meaning throwing bricks? Shooting people?

Please don't allow your assumptions to make you seem even less aware than you already are. As I stated, there are professional reasons that I choose to not discuss politics in that setting. That has nothing to do with where I live, or how I express myself in the settings in which I usually work. Really....I'm touched that you care so much about my mental health, but I can assure you, I'm quite happy with myself. Why don't you try and concentrate on finding more appropriate threads and not on what I do on weekends, OK?
    I wish when adults act like children they would think of a big purple dinosaur and sing along..

'I love you, you love me, we're one happy family'
    You've not spent much time in rural areas of the south, have you? The answer is yes, definitively. I know many people that literally believe he is the anti-Christ, and in one place I frequent on weekends, virtually 100% are birthers. And guess what? In this community, there were 825 votes for Bush and 72 for Obama in the election. Like I said....you need to get out more.
    Whoa...whoa...whoa....davidra....you continue to bash the South and I have to jump in here. I don't know where you hang out, but you really should avoid those people. I have lived here in the South for all 47 years of my life, and while I occasionally bump into the people you apparently regularly hang out with, I don't find it as common as you seem to. Seriously, you need to start hanging out with different folks. Do you actually talk around these people? If you do, how many times have you had your **** whooped? Do they wear white hoods when they are whooping your ****?

And your election results....break....you love to point that figure out. Since I'm assuming the 825 votes were all from white racists.....I guess if the numbers were reversed in a black neighborhood (825 for Obama, and 72 for Bush) you would be just fine with that. In fact, I'm sure many districts were like that in the election. I guess those black folks aren't racists though, huh?

Liberals like yourself just can't let go of the race card, can you? You try to paint anyone who didn't vote for Obama as a racist and that is just getting old. I guess if Obama isn't relected then the country is heading down the path of racism again, huh? Seriously....something tells me you might need to look in the mirror and figure out what you really think of black folks. Blacks and whites get along fine until people like you like to throw the race card out, again. Holy cow.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I wish when adults act like children they would think of a big purple dinosaur and sing along..

'I love you, you love me, we're one happy family'
    Ahhhh.....Obama's foreign policy

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Ahhhh.....Obama's foreign policy
    Zing!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    How would you interpret Limbaugh's comments? "Substance" meaning throwing bricks? Shooting people?

Please don't allow your assumptions to make you seem even less aware than you already are. As I stated, there are professional reasons that I choose to not discuss politics in that setting. That has nothing to do with where I live, or how I express myself in the settings in which I usually work. Really....I'm touched that you care so much about my mental health, but I can assure you, I'm quite happy with myself. Why don't you try and concentrate on finding more appropriate threads and not on what I do on weekends, OK?
    Umm, it means what it plainly says. Not just wailing and gnashing of teeth, but actually staying organized through the intervening months, turn up at the polls, and VOTE.
  8.    #68  
    Whoa...whoa...whoa....davidra....you continue to bash the South and I have to jump in here. I don't know where you hang out, but you really should avoid those people. I have lived here in the South for all 47 years of my life, and while I occasionally bump into the people you apparently regularly hang out with, I don't find it as common as you seem to. Seriously, you need to start hanging out with different folks. Do you actually talk around these people? If you do, how many times have you had your **** whooped? Do they wear white hoods when they are whooping your ****?

And your election results....break....you love to point that figure out. Since I'm assuming the 825 votes were all from white racists.....I guess if the numbers were reversed in a black neighborhood (825 for Obama, and 72 for Bush) you would be just fine with that. In fact, I'm sure many districts were like that in the election. I guess those black folks aren't racists though, huh?

Liberals like yourself just can't let go of the race card, can you? You try to paint anyone who didn't vote for Obama as a racist and that is just getting old. I guess if Obama isn't relected then the country is heading down the path of racism again, huh? Seriously....something tells me you might need to look in the mirror and figure out what you really think of black folks. Blacks and whites get along fine until people like you like to throw the race card out, again. Holy cow.

I was born and raised in the south. I have lived in Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida. I have lived and practiced in Appalachia many years ago, as rural as you can possibly get. I love the south. But there are some areas, and I know you agree with me if you're being honest, where racism is the standard philosophy. Do you REALLY deny that? Has it improved over the years? Yes, in many places, especially in urban and suburban areas...but not all. One of the counties I spend time in has essentially no blacks. In the whole county. I defy you to find anywhere where I stated that people that voted against Obama were racist. But some were, and there are more of them in some places than in others. Do you deny that?

I choose to spend time where I do. I don't base where I spend my time on politically based attitudes, or local IQ, or race, or ethnicity. I don't exclude people from the pleasure of my company, or me from theirs, because I strongly disagree with their politics. I also don't trumpet my own politics and I prefer they don't trumpet theirs. In the appropriate setting, and when asked, I have no problem sharing my opinions. I might express them differently in some areas than others, but that's what having a sense of decency and caring is about. Not that some on this board would grasp that subtlety...but I bet you would. I suspect you alter your message depending on who you're talking to at the time. Most successful people do. It's that simple.
    I was born and raised in the south. I have lived in Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida. I have lived and practiced in Appalachia many years ago, as rural as you can possibly get. I love the south. But there are some areas, and I know you agree with me if you're being honest, where racism is the standard philosophy. Do you REALLY deny that? Has it improved over the years? Yes, in many places, especially in urban and suburban areas...but not all. One of the counties I spend time in has essentially no blacks. In the whole county. I defy you to find anywhere where I stated that people that voted against Obama were racist. But some were, and there are more of them in some places than in others. Do you deny that?

I choose to spend time where I do. I don't base where I spend my time on politically based attitudes, or local IQ, or race, or ethnicity. I don't exclude people from the pleasure of my company, or me from theirs, because I strongly disagree with their politics. I also don't trumpet my own politics and I prefer they don't trumpet theirs. In the appropriate setting, and when asked, I have no problem sharing my opinions. I might express them differently in some areas than others, but that's what having a sense of decency and caring is about. Not that some on this board would grasp that subtlety...but I bet you would. I suspect you alter your message depending on who you're talking to at the time. Most successful people do. It's that simple.
    That's the nicest thing davidra has ever said to me. Thanks davidra! I would never deny there are racists out there....but....they exist on both sides. Can you admit there are some blacks that really don't like whites....simply because of the color of their skin? I think we have come a long way in this country....and still have a ways to go.....but I guess it seems like you paint the South sometimes as if we all have Confederate flags on our cars or t-shirts (for the record, I don't own anything with a confederate flag). As a Southerner, I just get annoyed with that portrayal. I do fly the Clemson Tiger Paw quite often

10.    #70  
    That's the nicest thing davidra has ever said to me. Thanks davidra! I would never deny there are racists out there....but....they exist on both sides. Can you admit there are some blacks that really don't like whites....simply because of the color of their skin? I think we have come a long way in this country....and still have a ways to go.....but I guess it seems like you paint the South sometimes as if we all have Confederate flags on our cars or t-shirts (for the record, I don't own anything with a confederate flag). As a Southerner, I just get annoyed with that portrayal. I do fly the Clemson Tiger Paw quite often
    There are indeed blacks that hate whites. I not infrequently end up having to take care of them. There are your Reverend Wright radical group, which I don't see too much of in this area (their survival might be threatened), and there are the much larger group that are just distrustful of whites. It's amazing how many of them know about the Tuskegee experiment. White health care providers are not to be trusted. Racism has not, however, been a prominent part of their political participation. Having said that, they certainly turned out to vote for Obama. Good. Glad they did. I'm especially glad they would understand that voting for Obama is different than, for example, voting for Michael Steele or Clarence Thomas, forbid the thought. There is never a good excuse for racism. That's why all political parties should step up and make sure it is not a driving force behind it's policies, and that includes Dixiecrats as well as teabaggers.
    Last edited by davidra; 03/24/2010 at 11:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I agree with everything you wrote. In fact, I stated earlier I don't think all republicans are ignorant racists. They are just made to appear that way because their base won't reject the ignorant racists that portray them on TV. And that includes Beck and Limbaugh, people who all republicans regardless of their true feelings, are afraid to criticize. They wear the mantle. All they have to do is take it off.

I also agree with your comments about the merits or lack of merits about ideas. It would be nice if more than one party had serious ideas to put forth that actually solve problems. Maybe that will happen sometime.
    You used the right language but even then you couldn't resist. It seems, simply by implying that the Democrats are the only party with serious ideas in your last paragraph, that you have nothing but contempt for Republicans, not even a modicum of respect for opposing views from your own. Its one thing to disagree with Republican ideas and philosophies, even respected in my book, but please add something more valuable to a political discussion, other than flat out insults or, as in the case of the quoted post, round-about insults.

And to your comment on not having any ideas...I would call reasonable tort reform and allowing insurance companies to sell policies across state lines ideas...serious ideas that would have helped reduced the cost of insurance and increase access to health care. I'm not saying they are the only ways to do it and I don't believe that these ideas would have provided enough access to health care all by themselves. However these ideas were put forward, along with others, by Republicans yet the leadership of the House and Senate wanted nothing to do with them. Now if the House and Senate leadership and had put forward an argument as to why they didn't like these ideas that would mean something, but instead they simply put forward the notion that the Republicans had no ideas whatsoever which is a big steaming pile .

I, along with quite a few of my Republican friends hold the opinion that Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh et al. are complete tools. They serve as entertainment, and are not at all good for getting ideas across in a serious manner. I think its clear that your definition of what constitutes a Republican is misguided, probably because the loudest Republicans have shaped your view of the party and for what it stands. Being the loudest doesn't make anyone the speaker for their political party - be it Glen Beck or Code Pink.
    Last edited by solarus; 03/24/2010 at 11:36 AM.
    Polls like this are a useful tool in understanding the inchoate attitudes of inarticulate unwashed morons -- folks who are otherwise only heard when they repeat mindlessly the latest slur or historical fiction that they last heard from beck or rush -- like the dittoheads they loudly proclaim themselves to be.

If done fairly, these profiles provide us with an insight into into how many hold these nutty opinions, how nutty they are, and how far up into the mountains I should build my shelter in order to keep safe from them ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 03/24/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    You used the right language but even then you couldn't resist. It seems, simply by implying that the Democrats are the only party with serious ideas in your last paragraph, that you have nothing but contempt for Republicans, not even a modicum of respect for opposing views from your own. Its one thing to disagree with Republican ideas and philosophies, even respected in my book, but please add something more valuable to a political discussion, other than flat out insults or, as in the case of the quoted post, round-about insults.

And to your comment on not having any ideas...I would call reasonable tort reform and allowing insurance companies to sell policies across state lines ideas...serious ideas that would have helped reduced the cost of insurance and increase access to health care. I'm not saying they are the only ways to do it and I don't believe that these ideas would have provided enough access to health care all by themselves. However these ideas were put forward, along with others, by Republicans yet the leadership of the House and Senate wanted nothing to do with them. Now if the House and Senate leadership and had put forward an argument as to why they didn't like these ideas that would mean something, but instead they simply put forward the notion that the Republicans had no ideas whatsoever which is a big steaming pile .

I, along with quite a few of my Republican friends hold the opinion that Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh et al. are complete tools. They serve as entertainment, and are not at all good for getting ideas across in a serious manner. I think its clear that your definition of what constitutes a Republican is misguided, probably because the loudest Republicans have shaped your view of the party and for what it stands. Being the loudest doesn't make anyone the speaker for their political party - be it Glen Beck or Code Pink.
    In actuality, you are reasonable in your assertions. In fact, I have stated that I have no problem with either tort reform or opening up the sale of insurance. The problem with the first is that it clearly does not work, or adds very little if anything. There are a number of states, especially Texas that has been doing it the longest, that have instituted significant tort reform. It has made NO difference whatsoever in decreasing insurance costs, either for malpractice insurance or health insurance. I have no information one way or another about the other option, but that's fine with me. The problem is that the republicans could have more than likely had both of those things in the bill if they had chosen to participate instead of just demanding to start over. Everyone on earth knew that wasn't going to happen, so they chose political expediency over their health care reform philosophy. My guess is that in exchange for republican support, both of those items would have been added. But we couldn't have any republicans going along with reform that was generated from this White House. Since you appear to have a rational perspective about this, do you deny that, or do you agree with that observation?
    While I'm an active lefty and have to agree wholeheartedly that anyone remaining in the repugnacanparty who isn't filthy rich is a fool isn't this forum for palm issues like the new Palm killer Sprint is bringing out in summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    While I'm an active lefty and have to agree wholeheartedly that anyone remaining in the repugnacanparty who isn't filthy rich is a fool isn't this forum for palm issues like the new Palm killer Sprint is bringing out in summer?
    You're in Off-Topic. Anything goes.
  16. KAM1138
    Ummm...no.

I didn't say anything about your mental health, just your displayed behavior. I was speaking to your demonstrated behavior, informed by the information you provided in your post. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you are happy with yourself, as someone who doesn't seem to have a capacity for shame, that would follow. Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if you were some nut-case sitting around in squalor pretending to be a Doctor on the internet, but hey--that's just me keeping an open mind. I guess in the end, I'm better off not knowing...or thinking about it even.

Isn't it funny however, that referencing YOUR mention what you do on weekend (you brought it up as a point), is then somehow an issue whereas you are (hypocritically) telling me I need to "get out more." That's about the level of contradiction I'd expect from you.

KAM
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I, along with quite a few of my Republican friends hold the opinion that Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh et al. are complete tools. They serve as entertainment, and are not at all good for getting ideas across in a serious manner.
    The problem is that, to many, their words are not entertainment, but are actually listened to, which incites the sort of threats and violence that we're now seeing. It's really tiresome when folks minimize the hatred of this whole movement as "isolated events", when it's been an undercurrent of the right-wing message all along (from the "palling around with terrorists", to the birthers, to Beck's continual use of N@zi and Limbaugh's use of rape analogies).

This is the result:
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Ummm...no.

I didn't say anything about your mental health, just your displayed behavior. I was speaking to your demonstrated behavior, informed by the information you provided in your post. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you are happy with yourself, as someone who doesn't seem to have a capacity for shame, that would follow. Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if you were some nut-case sitting around in squalor pretending to be a Doctor on the internet, but hey--that's just me keeping an open mind. I guess in the end, I'm better off not knowing...or thinking about it even.

KAM
    Yeah, you know, I'd make the same offer I did to Can'tAffordIt and share my CV with you, except frankly I'm not sure you have the anger management skills and self-control to not do something harmful. So yeah, go ahead and keep an open mind. As if.
    Wait, Glenn Beck said James Cameron is the Antichrist, and now people want it to be Obama?! You only get one Antichrist at a time, people . . . well, just one for all eternity, I think. Don't get greedy!

On the other hand, there seems to be an endless and continually replenishing reply of the species Cameron accused Beck of being, in considerably less, um, theological language: James Cameron trashes Glenn Beck
  20. KAM1138
    Yeah, you know, I'd make the same offer I did to Can'tAffordIt and share my CV with you, except frankly I'm not sure you have the anger management skills and self-control to not do something harmful. So yeah, go ahead and keep an open mind. As if.
    Are you experiencing the sputtering you've talked about, because I have NO idea what the heck you are talking about. That's ok--you'll probably just contradict yourself anyway.

KAM
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast