Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 95
  1. #41  
    wow , what if its true ??? What then ?? Ha ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdshadley View Post
    I honestly thought that Ronald Raygun was the Anti-Christ. I can understand their feelings.
    I remember when that theory was around, based mostly on the fact that he had 6 letters in all three names.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3. #43  
    what's obama's last name?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #44  
    the FDL quoting the Daily Beast article written by a guy selling a book. Has anyone actually looked at these sites? Every article is a rant spewing hatred towards the right. Why am I not surprised that some trolls would buy in to this farce?

    BTW has anyone actually seen this poll? I'm searching their site and not finding it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    the FDL quoting the Daily Beast article written by a guy selling a book. Has anyone actually looked at these sites? Every article is a rant spewing hatred towards the right. Why am I not surprised that some trolls would buy in to this farce?

    BTW has anyone actually seen this poll? I'm searching their site and not finding it.

    It's due to be released today. By the way, just out of curiosity, do you think that Obama wants the terrorists to win like a high percentage of the people in your party? Really....you should be so proud.
  6. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #46  
    One thing is granted...the morons, such as the birthers, aren't exactly helping conservative ideas.

    However, the notion that most Republicans are ignorant, racist, rich morons is about as valid as the notion that most Democrats are loud-mouthed, communist, hippies that seek to disrupt any event remotely related to international relations or global trade. It simply isn't the case.

    I find it interesting that a good many of people that follow politics nowadays spend most of their time trying to define the opposition as nutters or crazies, instead of arguing the merits or lack of merits of the ideas each party has.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    It's due to be released today. By the way, just out of curiosity, do you think that Obama wants the terrorists to win like a high percentage of the people in your party? Really....you should be so proud.
    My party?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #48  
    Hello Everyone,

    It is amusing, in a very bad way that people (such as the brilliant minds here) think that this is something of substance. We've got people here, running around touting polls that give some moronic view that they clutch to their chests screaming "LOOK, MY INSANE CLAIMS ARE TRUE!" while happily ignoring others when they dislike the results.

    Consistency clearly isn't important to people here.

    Let's do a little reality check shall we? Does ANYONE that knows any self-identified Republicans know ANY of them that literally believe that Obama is the Anti-Christ? Now, given that there are some crazy people out there, the answer COULD be yes. Does that number, in your personal experience come anywhere CLOSE to 25%? ANYWHERE?

    I highly doubt it. So, while people like the OPer have a habit of touting this sort of drivel, as an expression of their irrational hatred, should anyone really take this seriously?

    The Article on the Daily Beast says that this poll "Inspired by my new Book Wingnuts"... Think maybe, just MAYBE this is about selling books, and perhaps NOT the most scientific poll out there?

    Where is the Methodology of this poll? Who was polled? Where? I might have missed this link--does anyone have it? I didn't see it in that Daily Beast article.

    What is very clear is that leftists like many of the posters here are more than happy to run around with this sort of nonsense, as opposed to dealing with substantive issues. This is yet another in a continuing parade of propaganda threads attacking Republicans or conservatives (read--anyone who disagrees with Progressive goals).

    It's also interesting that people who tout this sort of thing, seem perfectly ok with Foaming at the mouth (perhaps not literally) about anything and everything having to do with former President Bush--from 'Stealing the Election' on.

    I think the reality is, that there in fact are whack-jobs that believe these sorts of things, on both sides, and the ones who depend on touting these whack jobs to forward their cause...might in fact be in that same category.

    Its long past time for the reasonable people (no matter what political side you fall on) to put these people in their place, but that isn't likely to happen. The internet gives amplified voice to the whack jobs, and people that actually care about discussing issues, really have few places to go.

    I have strongly held views, and have no problem with others that have the same, but this continual parade of idiocy...its a waste of life.

    KAM
  9. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    It's due to be released today. By the way, just out of curiosity, do you think that Obama wants the terrorists to win like a high percentage of the people in your party? Really....you should be so proud.
    Yes, and you should be so proud to come across as a ranting teenager who discovered they can mouth off without consequences on the internet, "waving" stupidity like this around, while claiming OTHERS lack "data" or "facts".

    This is low grade drivel--which of course you prove again is really what is important to you.

    KAM
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Yes, and you should be so proud to come across as a ranting teenager who discovered they can mouth off without consequences on the internet, "waving" stupidity like this around, while claiming OTHERS lack "data" or "facts".

    This is low grade drivel--which of course you prove again is really what is important to you.

    KAM
    What's important to me is paying attention to individuals that aren't tiresome and inaccurate.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post

    Let's do a little reality check shall we? Does ANYONE that knows any self-identified Republicans know ANY of them that literally believe that Obama is the Anti-Christ? Now, given that there are some crazy people out there, the answer COULD be yes. Does that number, in your personal experience come anywhere CLOSE to 25%? ANYWHERE?

    I highly doubt it. So, while people like the OPer have a habit of touting this sort of drivel, as an expression of their irrational hatred, should anyone really take this seriously?


    KAM
    You've not spent much time in rural areas of the south, have you? The answer is yes, definitively. I know many people that literally believe he is the anti-Christ, and in one place I frequent on weekends, virtually 100% are birthers. And guess what? In this community, there were 825 votes for Bush and 72 for Obama in the election. Like I said....you need to get out more.
  12. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    What's important to me is paying attention to individuals that aren't tiresome and inaccurate.
    That explains why you keep doing this. You don't pay attention to yourself.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    One thing is granted...the morons, such as the birthers, aren't exactly helping conservative ideas.

    However, the notion that most Republicans are ignorant, racist, rich morons is about as valid as the notion that most Democrats are loud-mouthed, communist, hippies that seek to disrupt any event remotely related to international relations or global trade. It simply isn't the case.

    I find it interesting that a good many of people that follow politics nowadays spend most of their time trying to define the opposition as nutters or crazies, instead of arguing the merits or lack of merits of the ideas each party has.

    I agree with everything you wrote. In fact, I stated earlier I don't think all republicans are ignorant racists. They are just made to appear that way because their base won't reject the ignorant racists that portray them on TV. And that includes Beck and Limbaugh, people who all republicans regardless of their true feelings, are afraid to criticize. They wear the mantle. All they have to do is take it off.

    I also agree with your comments about the merits or lack of merits about ideas. It would be nice if more than one party had serious ideas to put forth that actually solve problems. Maybe that will happen sometime.
  14. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    What's important to me is paying attention to individuals that aren't tiresome and inaccurate.
    Which I guess is why you keep on responding to things I say.

    By the way--how long did you work on that new little "tiresome and inaccurate" line? It's just so cute that you follow your hero's practice of repeating the same lines, like a good little propagandist.

    KAM
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Which I guess is why you keep on responding to things I say.

    By the way--how long did you work on that new little "tiresome and inaccurate" line? It's just so cute that you follow your hero's practice of repeating the same lines, like a good little propagandist.

    KAM

    Yeah...sometimes the level of inaccuracy is just so massive that it overcomes the "tiresome" part. But I'm trying to do better. This response, for example, is just tiresome and inaccurate. Just wanted to clarify.
  16. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You've not spent much time in rural areas of the south, have you? The answer is yes, definitively. I know many people that literally believe he is the anti-Christ, and in one place I frequent on weekends, virtually 100% are birthers. And guess what? In this community, there were 825 votes for Bush and 72 for Obama in the election.
    No, I can't say I have spent a lot of time in the rural south. Perhaps you haven't spent time in areas I frequent, where apparently people on both sides aren't unreasonable idiots.

    Perhaps that's where this "poll" went to find this ridiculous result.


    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Like I said....you need to get out more.
    Maybe you should be more selective in who you associate with. Since you know these people well enough to confirm that they are "virtually 100% birthers."

    Of course, I'm giving you a lot of credit by taking you at your word on anything relating to "Republicans" because of your often-demonstrated irrational hatred.

    KAM
  17. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Yeah...sometimes the level of inaccuracy is just so massive that it overcomes the "tiresome" part. But I'm trying to do better. This response, for example, is just tiresome and inaccurate. Just wanted to clarify.
    Yes, that's really tough talk coming from the guy who repeatedly demonstrates a poor level of reading comprehension (or willingness to directly lie), and skulks away (virtually) from points he cannot answer. Of course, more often than not, you simply blather something brilliant like "I don't care about economics" or "the end justifies the means"--you know REALLY accurate and factual stuff.

    You whine and cry about any reference that you dislike, when you are unable to address the actual points, and then you come up with this nonsense.

    I guess "tiresome and inaccurate" doesn't apply to moronic drivel like this thread--one of several you've started in the same vein. If this sort of nonsense is "relevant and accurate" then I guess I should be pleased to receive the opposite evaluation from someone with such clear judgment as you.

    I understand when you say "tiresome" you mean "I have no response" and "inaccurate" means, "I don't agree, this threatens my chosen conclusion."

    For a supposed professional, you sure display all the characteristics of a mouthy brat.

    KAM
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    No, I can't say I have spent a lot of time in the rural south. Perhaps you haven't spent time in areas I frequent, where apparently people on both sides aren't unreasonable idiots.

    Perhaps that's where this "poll" went to find this ridiculous result.




    Maybe you should be more selective in who you associate with. Since you know these people well enough to confirm that they are "virtually 100% birthers."

    Of course, I'm giving you a lot of credit by taking you at your word on anything relating to "Republicans" because of your often-demonstrated irrational hatred.

    KAM
    Ahhhh. But there are many areas where people (read republicans in my area) are unreasonable idiots. I am involved in conversations where they openly talk about hoping someone assassinates him.

    However, these are people I deal with regularly. Do I share my politics with them? No. There are good reasons that it would be better if they assumed I agree with them, on a professional basis. Not only that, but some of them are fine, caring people. They are just ignorant in terms of the truth about Obama because they've been told lies and distortions by many "leaders" on purpose (think Limbaugh and Beck again; they LOVE them). And therein lies the problem. That kind of racist pro-violent ignorance is coming to represent a major political party. Frankly, I hope that changes, but that's the way it is right now. Not only that, but I would be willing to bet that Clemgrad would agree with me about many areas of rural South Carolina if he was honest. Like I said....you need to get out more.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post

    I guess "tiresome and inaccurate" doesn't apply to moronic drivel like this thread--one of several you've started in the same vein. If this sort of nonsense is "relevant and accurate" then I guess I should be pleased to receive the opposite evaluation from someone with such clear judgment as you.



    KAM

    Please....I'm begging you. Promise not to post in any of these "moronic" threads. Please? They are beneath you.
  20. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Ahhhh. But there are many areas where people (read republicans in my area) are unreasonable idiots. I am involved in conversations where they openly talk about hoping someone assassinates him.
    Sure, there are unreasonable idiots in all walks of life.

    However, these are people I deal with regularly. Do I share my politics with them? No. There are good reasons that it would be better if they assumed I agree with them, on a professional basis. Not only that, but some of them are fine, caring people. They are just ignorant in terms of the truth about Obama because they've been told lies and distortions by many "leaders" on purpose (think Limbaugh and Beck again; they LOVE them).[/quote]

    So, these "fine" people just believe what they are told? That's funny--I don't think that Limbaugh and Beck are birthers are they?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And therein lies the problem. That kind of racist pro-violent ignorance is coming to represent a major political party.
    Oh? Who exactly is telling people to be violent? Beck and Limbaugh? Beck and Limbaugh are racists as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Frankly, I hope that changes, but that's the way it is right now. Not only that, but I would be willing to bet that Clemgrad would agree with me about many areas of rural South Carolina if he was honest. Like I said....you need to get out more.
    How about you not worry about me, and given that you have no idea how much I "get out" you stop with your little lines.

    I think this explains a lot about you, and how you arrive at your viewpoints. YOU have just explained that you are surrounded by people that you disagree with and are apparently unwilling to "educate" to your way of thinking. Now, I'm not saying that you should run around spouting things to patients or neighbors, but it would explain a bit why you've got this tendency to work out those issues here.

    So, are people you disagree with here, just surrogates then? Are we being told what you wish you could tell these people in your real life?

    Perhaps if you were able to deal with these things in the real world, you'd be less prone to hyperbole and overwrought nonsense here. Perhaps then you could use the information you do have in a more constructive way. Of course, I'm just speculating based on what you said. Perhaps I should feel sorry for you.

    Well, thanks--you've really helped me understand you a bit better.

    KAM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions