Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I've got a non-Pre related question for you. So I've got two computers with a few thousand pictures a piece on each of them. They aren't organized in any real distinguishable manner. I just picked up a new 1TB external drive which I have shared on the network now. I'd like to move all of my photos to this new drive in a far more organized method.

So my question is: what software is out there that will index my entire computer (in a method similar to Picasa) then let me drag and drop directories and individual images into new directories on my new drive?

I downloaded Picasa and it seems to be pretty decent software for dealing with images right where they are, but it doesn't seem to have any options to move images to new directories.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro (and 7 Home Premium on the other computer)

Thanks a bunch,
    - Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Hey All,

I've got a non-Pre related question for you. So I've got two computers with a few thousand pictures a piece on each of them. They aren't organized in any real distinguishable manner. I just picked up a new 1TB external drive which I have shared on the network now. I'd like to move all of my photos to this new drive in a far more organized method.

So my question is: what software is out there that will index my entire computer (in a method similar to Picasa) then let me drag and drop directories and individual images into new directories on my new drive?

I downloaded Picasa and it seems to be pretty decent software for dealing with images right where they are, but it doesn't seem to have any options to move images to new directories.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro (and 7 Home Premium on the other computer)

Thanks a bunch,
    - Phil -
    Preclick Gold, Google's Picasa 2.0, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 4
    lightroom without a doubt is the best organization tool. I am a photographer. I use picasa and I photo for different reasons. Lightroom has a free trial and a new version coming out very soon.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention that it needs to be free as well. I really like Picasa so far but it really isn't easy to manage directories of images.