Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  


    ((NOTE: I have used Verizon and AT&T, and I both Like/Dislike each carrier in different ways; just like how I feel about Sprint. So I'm not trying to be bias.))

    Does anyone else think AT&T's 3G commercials are just sad? Instead of AT&T pushing their 3G, or 4G deployment as a Counter-Attack against Verizon; they keep showing really pointless commercials. Even their "Truth About 3G" web site is stupid. I remember when Verizon first launched 3G years and years ago. Then Sprint followed a year later. But AT&T didn't start building 3G until way after that. So now that Verizon has been able to Build/Buy-Out enough 3G to cover the US; AT&T is put into a really bad spot. AT&T's method of combating this is also; in my opinion; pathetic.

    AT&T Uses 5 Things As A Counter-Attack:

    1. SPEED - That AT&T has the fastest network.
    (Which Is False And Therefore Misleading).
    2. SMARTPHONES - AT&T does have the iPhone, but that doesn't mean they have every single popular device. (So This Is Misleading)
    3. TALK & BROWSE - You can do this with any Sprint and Verizon 3G phone. (So This Is Misleading)
    4. APPS - Those apps are mainly for the iPhone, because the other apps for the WebOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android, Ect; can be used on which ever network. (So More Misleading)
    5. COVERAGE - They claim to cover 230 million with 3G, but that doesn't mean the coverage is solid. Their 3G maps looks like a spiders web. And their commericals where they claim to cover 97% of the US; don't explain that the coverage is GPRS & EDGE. (Even More Misleading)

    I just find their commericals to be stupid, because they don't make a good argument at all. How many people really care if they can talk on a phone, while surfing the web; while on a slightly faster network; if there is barely any coverage? That is like telling someone that they can drive a lot of different sports cars on your track, but that their track is only 1 mile long. While their competitor has a 30 miles of track. If AT&T really wants to fight Verizon, then they should quickly build 3G And/Or 4G, and then keep upgrading faster then Verizon. But they should stop showing these really stupid commericals, because they make AT&T seem desperate.




    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  2. #2  
    Sorry but #3 is incorrect,Sprint & Verizon are cdma and therefore cannot do talk and surf at the same time. Unless you are on WIFI. At&t is Gsm and is capable of this.


    I do agree that At&t is misleading their customers as well as the general public that believe because they are At&t they have the largest 3g when in reality Sprints 3g is larger.

    At&t has the largest coverage area if your talking about the ability to make a phone call, but talk doesnt use 3g, 3g/4g is for data transfer only.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. #3  
    I can't stand the AT&T commercials, myself.

    They basically say "Verizon's been saying some true stuff about our 3G network, but look at our 2G network!" and hope that nobody knows the difference.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Sorry but #3 is incorrect,Sprint & Verizon are cdma and therefore cannot do talk and surf at the same time. Unless you are on WIFI. At&t is Gsm and is capable of this.


    I do agree that At&t is misleading their customers as well as the general public that believe because they are At&t they have the largest 3g when in reality Sprints 3g is larger.

    At&t has the largest coverage area if your talking about the ability to make a phone call, but talk doesnt use 3g, 3g/4g is for data transfer only.
    I mean't that you can receive phone calls while on the web with Sprint and Verizon; when you have a 1x/EV-DO phone. Oddly enough, you can't use the Internet while talking on AT&T's 2G network, but they never mention that. So I guess AT&T is okay with what they can pick & choose in misleading people.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post

    1. SPEED - That AT&T has the fastest network.
    (Which Is False And Therefore Misleading).
    2. SMARTPHONES - AT&T does have the iPhone, but that doesn't mean they have every single popular device. (So This Is Misleading)
    3. TALK & BROWSE - You can do this with any Sprint and Verizon 3G phone. (So This Is Misleading)
    4. APPS - Those apps are mainly for the iPhone, because the other apps for the WebOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android, Ect; can be used on which ever network. (So More Misleading)
    Of course the ads are misleading. That's the purpose of ads. That said the AT&T 3G network is faster than EVDO (unless of course you are in an area saturated with iPhones). Since all Smartphone Platforms are now available on AT&T except WebOS so given the relatively small app catalog that WebOS has and the huge catalog that the iPhone has they are basically correct there too.

    As has already been pointed out, you can't talk and browse with an EVDO phone at the same time unless that phone also has wi-fi (most Verizon and Sprint BBs for example do not).
  6. #6  
    Knock it off with the bold. You look foolish.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Knock it off with the bold. You look foolish.
    I'm tired of explaining this to you people! This is how I write blogs. If you like for your posts to look like a 5 year old writes them, then that is up to you. But I like for my posts to look professional. So if don't like it, then don't post!

    Stop picking fights by posting stupid, pointless comments!

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  8. #8  
    yeah, and it comes to show how bad luke wilson needed some work, he was probably the only sucker that said, yeah I'll do that stupid ad for you no problem att
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Knock it off with the bold. You look foolish.
    Why post that crap? It makes somebody else look foolish.....And Im NOT talking about the OP!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Why post that crap? It makes somebody else look foolish.....And Im NOT talking about the OP!
    Thanks 2sslow! I don't know why anyone really cares how I write threads. The way I post things comes from my Trade School days. Part of our grade was (Presentation). So now I'm really OCD on how I write things; as odd as it seems to some people. Everyone has weird things that they do, but I get sick of trying to start up Topics that people can get into; when people keep mentioning how I post. Who cares? Let me have my fun posting.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  11. #11  
    Agreed
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I'm tired of explaining this to you people! This is how I write blogs. If you like for your posts to look like a 5 year old writes them, then that is up to you. But I like for my posts to look professional. So if don't like it, then don't post!

    Stop picking fights by posting stupid, pointless comments!
    I'm not trying to pick fight. You won't believe this, but I'm actually trying to help you. It's your posts that "look like a 5 year old writes them" because only five years olds feel the need to pump up their words. If your words are important they will speak for themselves. It is the second most unprofessional thing you can do (#1 is All Capitals). The reason it is unprofessional is because it makes it harder to read. I don't know what blogs you're reading, but I can't recall one that is all bold.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 03/21/2010 at 09:50 PM.
  13. #13  
    I'm going to weigh in on this as a forum member not as a moderator.

    I understand your point that this is "how you post" but my point is if your method of conversing was to raise your voice to the near point of shouting in a restaurant, you would be asked to stop.

    My other point is this, adding styles to your posts to make them stand out on a forum would likely lead to others adopting the same tactic requiring you to up the ante by say increasing your font size and lather-rinse-repeat leading to billboard sized posts all over the place.

    So my advice is not to bold your entire post, but feel free to bold words or sentences for emphasis.

    Again, not ganging up on you, just pointing out some issues.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I'm not trying to pick fight. You won't believe this, but I'm actually trying to help you. It's your posts that "look like a 5 year old writes them" because only five years olds feel the need to pump up their words. If your words are important they will speak for themselves. It is the second most unprofessional thing you can do (#1 is All Capitals). The reason it is unprofessional is because it makes it harder to read. I don't know what blogs you're reading, but I can't recall one that is all bold.
    Who really cares? Lets talk about the thread. I'm not going to change my posting ways just because some users don't agree with it. So there is no point in even mentioning it every single time I post.

    Let's all just have our own fun using this site.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  15. #15  
    Um, we have flava flave in our commercial.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Um, we have flava flave in our commercial.
    Yeah, Sprint's commercials are not always that great either. But Sprint is fighting 3G commercials with 4G. Or fighting Unlimited In-Calling, with Any Mobile, Anytime. Sprint is fighting back with a Service or Feature that can actually hurt the other carriers. When Verizon comes out and says "We Have The Largest 3G Network", and AT&T Responds with basically "Yeah, But Our Customers Can Use Their Phones While Surfing The Web"; that isn't a great way to combat the negative image portrayed by Verizon . I think AT&T's commercial where people are holding flames across the USA is a really cleaver ad, but pointless and misleading. If AT&T is going to fight Verizon with 3G commercials, then they shouldn't mention 2G in the process, and make is seem like their 3G and 2G spec's are the same thing.

    I like AT&T in many ways; so I would never want them to go out of business. They shouldn't make commercials and ad's that seem desperate.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions